Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Hawk pads.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Jc S2K2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just installed Hawk HPS for front and rear...everytime when i brake in normal speed..i hear squeeking sound from the brakes..?? is this normal thing for this pads or something wrong with installation???
Old 02-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by saint01
Honeslty, I have Hawk HPS pads and sure, they don't bite as hard when cold, but the posts that I keep reading imply that they are danagerous. To each his own, but I am yet to have any stopping problems with my Hawk pads, and I am almost up to 20k on them.

It seems to me that more than anything, people want to make their person preference about stopping power everyone else's issue. There is little to no brake dust from the set I have, and they stop just fine. Don't drive like an a$$ and pay attention and everything is fine. Then again, I know plenty of people that are hard brakers and wait to the last second to brake. If that is you, then I might first suggest driving lessons, but would also suggest a different pad, as you will have problems with Hawks.

That is my opinion and my opinion only. I'm sick of people getting bashed for having positive feelings about something that someone else has negative feelings about!
not everyone drives like an *** but you know that one time you need that last second brake, i hope your brake pads bite like they should, warm or cold. for me, i'd rather not take that chance, i'll pass on hawk hps's.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
pejoda

Default Hawk pads.

My experience with Hawk Pads couldn't be better. I found the OEM pads would fade on the track from high speed. After I installed the Hawk HPS pads I found that dust is minimal and they work perfectly well when cold. One bit of advice is to change the brake fluid from the standard DOT 3 to DOT 4. I now have minimal dust, no fade, no squeal, better feel - better brakes!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:45 PM
islandsnow

+1 for hawk pads, no problems stopping, no problems w/squeaking even when cold. I've driven in rain and they seem to work fine, but never driven in freezing temps yet, so maybe that might be a factor.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:21 PM
ssk0771

Try some other after martet pads and you will notice that Hawks HPS have poor performance/bite.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:41 AM
pejoda

no probems in below freezing temps - I should know living in Canada! Problem with getting more bite is the effect on the rotors -something has to give and I'd rather replace pads than rotors. Also, reason the rears wear faster than the fronts is due to their size - rears are half the size of the fronts and the rears overheat under track conditions. Next step is to remove the dust shields and install some ducting.