Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Opinion on WilWood disk brake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TK2005
Yea, I fully understand the "not for street use" aspect but I don't imagine they would overheat on the streets. Drag brakes are designed to be lightweight and small enough to fit under really small diameter wheels so you can fit huge tires back there. They don't have much braking power on the setups I have seen (for street use) but they are resistant to very high heat as they would need to be slowing you down from 180mph in a very short space. Most cars with those traps have a chute anyhow. I agree they aren't for street use but not because of overheating.
That is true, but like I said, I wouldn't use a drag kit for the street. I run a chute on my race car for two reason, one because the NHRA mandates it due to the high speeds and two because I feel better trying to stop from 160mph without having to worry about the brakes deciding not to work. The car in my sig is an 8 second car and is not drive on the street.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:06 AM
REDROADSTER350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TK2005
LOL......Take it easy cowboy. I seem to have that effect on people. I don't care what you own. Plenty of people have cars that will never drive it to 10/10ths. I must commend you on your way with words and not losing your cool. I'll bet money that you wouldn't say things like that with an actual person standing in front of you. That's ok though, e-thug. If it makes you feel any better, I flinched just a little when I read that. The real world must be kicking your a$$ for you to have so much hostility like that. I guess the appropriate thing to do now is challenge you back so, "Come on down to Houston so I can punch you in the face and you can look at my car. You may also tell your mother to enjoy the pleasures of an **** excursion." LOL....hahahahaha

ME ->

me waiting for you ->

me if you get too close ->

me if I see you from a distance ->
me if you're not too far away ->

what I think of you ->

after I puch you in the face ->

me when I take your car to show you how to use it ->

my suggestion for your online use ->

Thomas (IN BEFOE DA )
I don't really like flaming or people getting on each others throat but this is funny as heck...keeping it up you 2 this is very entertaining plus your post count is at a rate that will surpass all others on this forum.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:10 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by REDROADSTER350Z
I don't really like flaming or people getting on each others throat but this is funny as heck...keeping it up you 2 this is very entertaining plus your post count is at a rate that will surpass all others on this forum.
Yea, I had another good one but they took my ninja smilie away.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:13 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by Bullitt Beast
That is true, but like I said, I wouldn't use a drag kit for the street. I run a chute on my race car for two reason, one because the NHRA mandates it due to the high speeds and two because I feel better trying to stop from 160mph without having to worry about the brakes deciding not to work. The car in my sig is an 8 second car and is not drive on the street.
Sir, your love for the sport and your car speak for themselves. You don't have to explain anything to me. Any pics of that rocket?
Old 02-14-2006, 07:21 AM
drumma022

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are building out 2006 Pro Driftcars and will be using a Willwood 4-piston setup on all 4 corners of our 240sx's. Rhys Millen had a similar setup on his GTO and loved it! Many street-rods run Willwood as well.

BTW, keep this crap off of the forums and resort to PM's.