Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Best brake pads for low noise?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Z CRUZN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by venommaxr33
i re-did the fronts, had the rotors resurfaced and bedded the pads and not a peep out of them and they feel better when braking. i'll do the rears after i get off work to day.

Z CRUZN i owe you one bigtime, you saved me a trip to the stealership, thanks a bunch. Z CRUZN for prez!!!
GREAT! Glad it worked out for you.......nothing like smooth, quiet, grippy brakes, huh? And thanks for the kind words....
Old 02-24-2006, 08:00 PM
MR.OKKKK

i would like some help to make my break smoother/quieter/etc.... any suggestions? T.T
Old 02-25-2006, 06:08 AM
Z CRUZN

Originally Posted by MR.OKKKK
i would like some help to make my break smoother/quieter/etc.... any suggestions? T.T
The only thing I can say is read through above where I posted about the install & it should work for you as well. I've installed Hawk HPS' the same way with no noise. The main things are smooth rotors, lithium grease on the backing of the pads & correct bedding. The dust thing you mention may contribute, but I wouldn't know unless I saw/felt your rotors - my opinion is that unless there's some really large "dust" (ha!) getting between the pads & the rotors, no problem. IMO, most noise caused by "street" pads are caused by improper install (no lube & rough rotors) & improper bedding. Hope this helps.....
Old 07-09-2006, 11:27 AM
basam350z

What grit of sand paper should I use for sanding the rotors? So do I just lightly go over both sides of the rotors by hand or is there more to it?
Old 07-09-2006, 11:36 AM
bmac03z

Originally Posted by davidv
The OEM pads are quite aren't they?
My oem pads squeel bad when rolling slow with your foot on the brake like when easing up in traffic or rolling slowly through a parking lot.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Q45tech

Squeeking pads are caused by a vibration between the pad backing plate, the acoustic tuned to pad shims, and the caliper pistons.

The rub is the acoustic shims are tuned to match oem pads.........aftermarket pad manufacturers by or make a close fascimile of the oem backing plate and mount their generic compound on the backing plate. Acoustic testing is expensive and skipped, actual their one size fits all compounds are only test IF they are good enough to be sold to an oem vehicle manufacturer.

Since price is no object [in the 500,000 piece lots to oem] all pads alvailable in the world are priced the same to get a big contract.

Wouldn't it be great to get the test data of all the companies pads supplied to Nissan and the multidozens of pages for each company of the reasons for REJECTION............reguest for samples, oem tests, rejection of dozens of companies.

"Not dusty enough, too quiet, last forever, strongest highest quality on earth, stops in too short of a distance, doesn't warp rotors enough"