Rotora 8 piston BBK ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VN_350z
Why is it the Stoptech caliper look so much similar to Brembo?

(why does airbus look so much like boeing?)

Form Follows Function.

what. you want four independent calipers equally spaced around the rotor? that would be an interesting concept-
Old 03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Stoptech is so good, Why Nissan or Mitsu or Subaru or Porsche.... are so stupid not to choose Stoptech and pick Brembo?
Old 03-15-2006, 05:56 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Chebosto

Form Follows Function.

what. you want four independent calipers equally spaced around the rotor? that would be an interesting concept-
Why Asian girls dont like you? (:-
Old 03-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Row2K

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by J Ritt
1. My skin is fairly thick.
2. You are wrong. Through sponsorship, we have paid thousands of dollars over the past couple of years for the right to advertise and sell on this forum. That money goes towards maintaining this site, so owners like you can have a fun place to go and talk about their car. Brembo/RaceTech has not done this. That means until they pay for sponsorship, they DO NOT have the right to sell or promote their products. Wouldn't you be fairly agitated if you paid for this right, and then your primary competitor came along and got the same rights and access for free? Not very fair, is it?
If they decide that they want to spend their time, energy, and money on this forum, then I wouldn't have any issue with that. I think the forum members always benefit from more manufacturer involvement + technical insights, etc.
It's really not that complicated. IF in fact BremboGuy is affiliated with Brembo, all he has to do is cut a check to the forum administrator, and then he can go nuts with his awe-inspiring F1 videos. Unfortunately, despite claiming to be a Brembo employee or affiliate and using words like, "our product" in discussion threads, he has denied affiliation with Brembo to the forum administrators. He's trying to have it both ways, which really doesn't work that well. He's trying to catch a free ride at everyone else's expense.
All of that said, the more he posts, the more it becomes clear to me that he really has no experience, actual technical knowledge, or affiliation with Brembo. He's just regurgitating marketing fluff, and all of the info he has posted could be pulled directly from a Brembo catalog. He's just some guy pretending to be "in the know." Oh well. Shame on me for taking the bait. Just be careful when taking his 'expert' opinion and advice. I'm glad someone out there has the free time to do something like this. It is kind of funny.
I understand what you mean, only afterwords did i remember that he isn't a sponsor on the forum. Nonetheless responses such as the one i made earlier, altough as I admit now, misguided are simply a byproduct of the rather aggressive advertising ie. statements made about rotora, etc. might want to consider that for the future.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:44 PM
BremboGuy
Banned

Originally Posted by Chebosto

Form Follows Function.

Unfortuantely the function doesn't come directly from the shape of the caliper.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Row2K

If Stoptech is so good, Why Nissan or Mitsu or Subaru or Porsche.... are so stupid not to choose Stoptech and pick Brembo?
You should b able to answer that with common sense. Brembo has the resources to mass produce OE braking equipment in the huge amounts that are necessary for production cars, while Stoptech produces products in much more limited quantities, but instead aims it at the performance oriented aftermarket/racing/enthusiast market. The statement you made was simply an obvious attempt to add gasoline to a fire...completely unnecessary on a forum.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:54 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Row2K
You should b able to answer that with common sense. Brembo has the resources to mass produce OE braking equipment in the huge amounts that are necessary for production cars, while Stoptech produces products in much more limited quantities, but instead aims it at the performance oriented aftermarket/racing/enthusiast market. The statement you made was simply an obvious attempt to add gasoline to a fire...completely unnecessary on a forum.
So Stoptech doesn't have enough resource to mass produce OE braking equipment? Come on....they can't because there's no order from car manufactures. Maybe hyundai or Kia or Geo will give them a shot.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Row2K

So Stoptech doesn't have enough resource to mass produce OE braking equipment? Come on....they can't because there's no order from car manufactures. Maybe hyundai or Kia or Geo will give them a shot.
Ok here's a simple clue , Brembo just recently bought a factory in Poland to produce such OE equipment among other things and they have multiple factories all over Europe if I'm not mistaken. That alone should give you something to think about. Also you have to consider that Stoptech is a relativelly very very young company and didn't create a name for itself yet so as to attract lucrative contracts from manufacturers, this is assuming they would take such a contract...I cannot tell you since i don't know and you should probably direct that question at J Ritt. Anyways Im not attempting so much to defend Stoptech as to point you towards basic logic/reasoning, which I hope you can understand.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:20 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Row2K
Ok here's a simple clue , Brembo just recently bought a factory in Poland to produce such OE equipment among other things and they have multiple factories all over Europe if I'm not mistaken. That alone should give you something to think about. Also you have to consider that Stoptech is a relativelly very very young company and didn't create a name for itself yet so as to attract lucrative contracts from manufacturers, this is assuming they would take such a contract...I cannot tell you since i don't know and you should probably direct that question at J Ritt. Anyways Im not attempting so much to defend Stoptech as to point you towards basic logic/reasoning, which I hope you can understand.
Stoptech is hiring. I think you qualify
Old 03-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J Ritt
Bubble,
On a side note...I have some swamp land in Florida that I'm getting ready to sell. Let me know if you're interested...I'll give you a really good deal. I'll even throw in some titanium wheel weights and muffler bearings.
not even interested in your Stoptech product either. Just fed up with the aggressive marking tactic, the BS talking and act all that from you guys. Aside from all, Since brembo is here, stoptech become the "little guy" now. That is good. They need to focus in making their product better instead of talk shiet about other manf. Go back to your cubicle and make us better product. lolz
Old 03-15-2006, 08:51 PM
J Ritt

VN_350z,
Before you start harping on a topic which you know nothing about, you should do some research. Have you ever heard of a little company called Toyota? They are arguably the #1 car company in the world. Their profits are the largest in the business, and larger than the GDP of most countries. Take a look at their TRD branded brake calipers...they have a bolt-in bridge, and look VERY similar to StopTech calipers...hmmm. You can go to your local dealership tomorrow and order a Toyota X-Runner truck with TRD brakes. StopTech is also supplying the brake system for the factory Lexus IS350 race program in ALMS this year. We also currently sell our 'inferior' 2-piece AeroRotors through Nissan Motorsports. The factory Mazda race team uses our brakes in World Challenge. I'd hardly call these companies 'bottom tier.'
Have you seen any of the recent brake systems released by the three major Ford Mustang tuners? Go to a Ford dealership that carries these specialty cars and check out their brakes. We are also consulting for a number of the OE manufacturers on future projects that I can't talk about, and we've even had to turn a lot of business away simply because we're trying to manage our massive growth rate (roughly 50% per year over the last couple of years).

Trust me, we have lots of big things in the works, and we are constantly talking with OE's and large tuners/specialty producers. To be honest, we are systematically taking market share away from Brembo, and we'll continue to do so. As Row2k mentions, we are a young company...only started in 1999. We have come a long way in a very short time, and our approach to proper balanced system design will prevail. Brembo has been around for 35 years or so I believe...that's quite a head start.

I understand what you mean, only afterwords did i remember that he isn't a sponsor on the forum. Nonetheless responses such as the one i made earlier, altough as I admit now, misguided are simply a byproduct of the rather aggressive advertising ie. statements made about rotora, etc. might want to consider that for the future.
I hear you...I tend to get rather...passionate about my work at times.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:53 AM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys should sue Stoptech because their rotors are round. I noticed that Brembo rotors are round too. Clearly Stoptech copied you.

Originally Posted by BremboGuy
Unfortuantely the function doesn't come directly from the shape of the caliper.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Dan@StopTech

Originally Posted by BremboGuy
For the guys with OEM Brembos I usually reccomend.

-Brembo Sport Rotors (Drilled OR Slotted)
-Upgraded pads
&
-Goodridge Braided lines

<snip>

We do make a rotor upgrade for OEM Brembo's.
Drilled Front replacement discs
Slotted Front replacement discs
&
Drilled Rear replacement discs
Slotted Rear replacement discs

We simply dont offer a 2pc. version that is comaptable with the OE calipers.
Okay, so you've now pretty much said you work for Brembo in a sales/customer service/advisory function. Your posts are openly commercial in intent.

I've been speculating privately that you, BremboGuy, are actually Gary Cogis from Race Technologies.

If this is not the case, please say who you are. If you do not, I will assume that I have connected the dots correctly. Every StopTech employee who posts on this board, and our reseller Dave Z, are completely open about who we are and how you can contact us. In contrast, you have refused to answer this simplest of questions. In fact, you seemed to attempt to fly under the radar as just an unusually well-informed fan of the Brembo brand until it became the general assumption that you are a Brembo representative. Please show the respect to the members of this board of at least letting them know who you really are. Thanks!

-Dan Barnes
Marketing Manager
StopTech LLC
Old 03-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please show the respect to the members of this board of at least letting them know who you really are
once again, since when you guys represent for us?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:54 AM
noodleman

wow, talk about thread jacking :P Though i wish my corolla came with big gigantic brakes from stoptech hahaha
Old 03-16-2006, 09:57 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Old 03-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Nano

Originally Posted by Bubble
once again, since when you guys represent for us?
+1

I don't see anything wrong with clearing up the boatload of missinformation that circulates on this board... too often propagandized by stoptech in the first place.

Originally Posted by StopTech
Thats for the individual to decide, but if you are going to spend thousands on an upgrade wouldnt you want it to perform as good as or better than stock? I know I would be pretty unhappy if I purchased an intake/header/exhaust combo that ended up making 20 less HP than stock...regardless of how good it made the car look or sound.
threadjaking repreZents, yo!

Last edited by Nano; 03-16-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:43 PM
WNM

actually the 12 pot rotora is intended for cayenne's and torague(i dont know how to spell either), but i have the 6/4 rotora kit and like them alot. they stop pretty good

i thought id post an answer to the original topic of this thread.

Last edited by WNM; 03-21-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
TheTruth
Banned

The definitely do look pretty.
If I was gonna pick one of the cheaper brake kits I'd choose Rotora over StopTech.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:09 PM
BOMEX180

Id read the whole thread...very informative and funny.

I used to have the Rotora 4pot on my old celica. I like them....

Also, Loren @ ROtora is a very nice guy as well. I'm one of the few first batch that got sponsored by Rotora. LOl

Quick Reply: Rotora 8 piston BBK ????