Default Rotora 8 piston BBK ????

anyone had any expierience with these??
sellers?
http://store.yahoo.com/hopup1/rofr8bigbrki.html
Old 03-11-2006, 10:48 AM
jiaimZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read this topic , bubble has them

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/169135-anyone-here-use-8pistons-kit-yet.html
Old 03-11-2006, 12:02 PM
rolling

oops sory i meant 12 piston BBK
Old 03-12-2006, 01:38 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one has them on the boards. It will not make you stop any better. My friend has a rotora 6 and i have the 8 and it is the same. It is a show mod. If you want a strickly performance brake kit go with stop tech. If you care about looks and ont need the best performing brakes get the Rotoras.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

8 or 12 are more for bling and show purpose.

now, as for 8 pistons, the bracket is not fit due to error in CNC program. They are still working the the bracket and almost done with it. I just stop by Rotora yesterday to pick up my 355mm rotor instead of 380mm since i lost my interest in waiting. Loren is a very nice guy to work with. As for 12 piston, i'm not sure either.

If you need to buy either 6/8/12 piston, i can hook up for you at REALLY good price.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:35 AM
rolling

i dont see how it is not possible to get extremely powerful stopping power
with 8 or 12 pistons. it seems like common sence with THAT much pad area and crimping force. mabey some magazine will do a hnest review? heh
Old 03-12-2006, 11:04 AM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Its a common misconception that more pistons = better performance and it is simply not the case. Having the correct torque output for the application is what is important and in most cases a 4 piston is more than adequate of providing the correct torque. The only reason to add more pistons is to reduce pad taper by better controlling where the torque is applied to a pad and to allow the use of a larger pad to increase heat capacity. Pad tapering is essentially a non-issue on street driven cars and a properly sized 4 piston caliper can all but eliminate pad taper by using differential piston bores. A good example of the torque output vs # of pistons is in the comparison between the 4 and 6 piston brake kits we have for the 350Z. Both the 4 and 6 piston have the same torque output, but the 6 piston has smaller pistons evenly spread out to equal the overall piston area of the 4 piston.

By having too much torque output on one end of the car, stopping distances will usually increase due to the fact that the tires which are overbiased will be asked to offer more than they can handle. Also, the opposite end of the car ends up undserbiased and the tires do less than they are capable of. This is where proper brake balance comes in to play. The factory brake systems have close to ideal balance with 1 or 2 pistons, so adding gobs of brake torque and extra pistons is only going to make performance worse. Theres also the issue of the chassis control systems not being able to utilize the brakes properly because the toque is so far out of spec from what it is expecting to see. Systems engineers have built in some wiggle room on brake torque specs for ABS systems, but outside of these boundaries and the car can actually become very dangerous in panic or emergency braking events.

More info regarding the effects of improperly sized brake kits and their effects on ABS function, pedal feel and overall performance are available here:

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...formance.shtml

and here:

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...rakekits.shtml

--Erik--
Old 03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

you don't even need BBK in the first place. Your OEM brake can still STOP YOUR CAR as they suppose too. So don't even bother to buy Stoptech or any other BBK kit.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:04 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bubble
you don't even need BBK in the first place. Your OEM brake can still STOP YOUR CAR as they suppose too. So don't even bother to buy Stoptech or any other BBK kit.
Thats for the individual to decide, but if you are going to spend thousands on an upgrade wouldnt you want it to perform as good as or better than stock? I know I would be pretty unhappy if I purchased an intake/header/exhaust combo that ended up making 20 less HP than stock...regardless of how good it made the car look or sound.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

no offense here but most of the time, stoptech crew indirectly hint that their product is better than Rotora. Have you guys ever conduct a one to one test/compare between Stoptech 4 pot kit with Rotora 4 pots kit yet?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:53 PM
VN_350z
Banned

no offense here but most of the time, stoptech crew indirectly hint that their product is better than Rotora. Have you guys ever conduct a one to one test/compare between Stoptech 4 pot kit with Rotora 4 pots kit yet?
no offense here but most of the time, stoptech crew indirectly hint that their product is worse than Brembo.Have you guys ever conduct a one to one test/compare between Stoptech 4 pot kit with Rotora 4 pots kit yet and 4 pot Brembo?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:58 AM
BremboGuy
Banned

No such testing has been done that I know of.

The general rule of thumb in the braking industry is that there are 3 key contenders. Brembo ... AP ... Alcon
A close 4th could possibly be Performace Friction with their pads and discs.

These are true manufacturers with real OE manufacturing or Racing History.
Technological leaders... Innovators... True quality products with proven performance. And even though there are alot of new companies in the industry... NO ONE even comes close to this level.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:49 PM
J Ritt

Brembo Guy,
Do you work for Brembo NA or Race Technologies? If so, are you a forum sponsor?
Old 03-13-2006, 03:18 PM
BremboGuy
Banned

Hey Jeff,

I wasn't aware that you had to be a sponsor to respond to threads.
(if that's what you were implying)

(edited to not sound confrontational)

Last edited by BremboGuy; 03-13-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by BremboGuy
Hey Jeff,

I wasn't aware that you had to be a sponsor to respond to threads.
(if that's what you were implying)

(edited to not sound confrontational)
Here we go again... Ritt pulling the good old,"I'm a sponsor and you're NOT so you're not allowed to reply" card.

And everyone wonders why I'll never buy Stoptech.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:46 PM
J Ritt

BremboGuy,
You don't have to be a sponsor to post or reply...not implying that at all. However, when you're name on the forum is "BremboGuy," and you use phrases like, "the general rule of thumb in the braking industry," it seems as if you're speaking with some sort of authority on the matter. I'd just like to know what that authority is, and what evidence you have to substantiate your dismissive claims against the little guys like StopTech and Rotora.

Hi Havok
Old 03-13-2006, 04:53 PM
g35twinturbo

Jeff,

Get back to work man! Go develop us stoptech owners a 380mm rotor or somthing

In all seriousness, don’t waste your time on this forum defending your self, and Stoptech from people who cant even speak "engrish"

I think it’s amazing that stoptech has higher management up on the forums. That is just another level of customer support.

Keep up the amazing work!

-Jordan
Old 03-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

any my question still unanswer. Just seem to me that every single time Rotora name appear, you will see people from Stoptech stop by and point out few things this and few things that then point to their "definition website" well yah, anyone can post up those general education info but have you guy conduct a one to one test between Rotora and stoptech? I doubt it. As said many times, we dont' even need BBK in the first place. Problem solve. lolz

btw, who said Rotora can't track? look at Rickdog car. He tracks his car and using Rotora. No complain there.

Last edited by Bubble; 03-13-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:37 PM
BremboGuy
Banned

Jeff,

Your curiosity is completely understandable.
But the one reason I never mentioned any of the "little guys" by name was to avoid a direct confrontation like the one you seem to be trying to instigate.

I stated a fact that is commonly know in "our" industry, and not just an opinion generated because I work for /or/ represent Brembo.

My response, if you need me to be more specific, was not meant to be dismisive or offensive. I was answering a question asked by VN_350z
Originally Posted by VN_350z
Have you guys ever conduct a one to one test/compare between Stoptech 4 pot kit with Rotora 4 pots kit yet and 4 pot Brembo?
My answer was supposed to be a nice way of saying that we should only compare apples to apples.

As stated by Bubble
you don't even need BBK in the first place. Your OEM brake can still STOP YOUR CAR as they suppose too.
And he's correct for allot of people. Some people just do BBK's for looks...and thank god that there are "little guys" around to provide them with something to put on their cars.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:44 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by BremboGuy
No such testing has been done that I know of.

The general rule of thumb in the braking industry is that there are 3 key contenders. Brembo ... AP ... Alcon
A close 4th could possibly be Performace Friction with their pads and discs.

These are true manufacturers with real OE manufacturing or Racing History.
Technological leaders... Innovators... True quality products with proven performance. And even though there are alot of new companies in the industry... NO ONE even comes close to this level.
I totally agree.
Brembo, AP, Alcon are three big contenders. The rest are pretty much pretenders.

Quick Reply: Rotora 8 piston BBK ????