Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Ksport Kontrol Pro ftw

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 01:03 PM
VenomZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ksport Kontrol Pro ftw

I've been doing some research and I've decided that I'm going with the KSport Kontrol Pro coilovers, I dont think it gets any better for the money.

Check out http://www.ksportusa.com/products/coilovers.html and check out the added bonus color scheme for lemans sunset owners!!

also check out http://www.ksportusa.com/Gallery/350z.html for their 350z drift car.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:11 PM
twenzel

Oh nohs... not again.

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/123726-new-350z-coilovers-for-testing-check-them-out.html
Old 04-12-2006, 02:48 PM
VenomZ

so the big complaint I see on the other forum is rear stiffness based on specifications and theory..but I noticed the following on the ksport faq.

I think that spring rate is too soft or too stiff.

* Ksport spring rate are all set in relation to the shock. They cant be compared to other brands as their shocks are designed different. Springs are available as individual pieces if a stiffer or softer ride is needed.

Not everyone here is going to drift or race their car...there are even those people out there that may just want to lower their car, I would say even if that was the case, this is a better option than just installing some eibach's and being done with it...

And for those with body kits...it's a huge life saver when you realize that you scraping your front end off with every speed bump or pot hole...

If these coilovers offer even mild performance increase, better looks, and ride/dampening adjustibility, then they have my vote.

Last edited by VenomZ; 04-12-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some of us have actually installed several suspension's and walked the car over many many spring rate ranges and can actually speak from experience. But if you want to go by their little self serving FAQ no doubt penned by the wizards of R&D that they are,.......... have at it. However only do so if you can roll up the $900 your about to spend on ebay into a tight little stick and light it on fire without blinking. That is what you are in effect going to do to your money. This isn't just about the sense or nonsense of sky high spring rates, it's about valving. They claim to have mastered the ability to be immune from the effect's of that much stiffness on a north american road, to have such good R&D, to be up their with the best of them. Tein, HKS or Zeal like they are not, do not be fooled no matter how much your wallet wants to believe.

No maybe Eibach's are not the way to do things, but neither are cheap coilovers illregardless if they are sprung with 8kg rates or 16Kg (cough) or how well the sell story is spun.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:34 PM
r26

at least they'll match with your lemans
Old 04-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Havok_RLS2

If you were really looking for this kind of suspension setup the you should have spent the money on the Buddy Club Racing Spec Coilovers. JMHO.
I can speak for Buddy Club as have creating an outstanding system that relocate the rear spring back on the shock (Where I think it should have been in the first place). Mate that with the Battle Version arms and everything comes together like Gold! Sweet.

I was so worried that my wife would ahve a cow after the upgrade but even she complimented the smooth ride quality as being better than stock. Control??? I don't even know where to begin so I wont try. I'll just say... Awsome and leave it at that.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Definitely stay away from D2 and K-Sport coilovers!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:47 PM
lex350

I was just about to buy the megans. Good price and product. Maybe you should do the same. Maybe we can get a discount if we by together. Just Kidding.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:14 PM
thawk408

If i was you I would invest in some good springs and either the Koni or Tokico shocks. This would give you solid performance with a good ride and you wont have to worry about ridiculous spring rates. I hear the Tokicos are alittle better valved for the track tho.

Last edited by thawk408; 04-13-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:58 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or maybe the Stance SUS coilovers for great rear true coilover setup
Old 04-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Octogoogles

I am not sure why everyone is giving Ksports such a bad rap. I have had mine on my 03 track model for about two weeks now with a 3/4 inch drop set at full soft. I love the performance of them on the street as the ride is much smoother now then before. Everytime I go over a seem in the asphalt now I don't feel like I am going to loose teeth. The roll has improved greatly and as soon as I can get a track day in I will post real data on how they perform on the track. In either case I tried to get info on the units before I bought mine, but no one had any real facts on them.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:31 PM
azn_speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the reason why they bash ksport is the same reason why the bash on all wheels except for volks
Old 06-08-2007, 08:58 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Since this was kicked up, Octogoogles, now that you have had some time with them, how are they treating you?

Chris
Old 12-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Octogoogles

Well I have had a chance to run them in and I will have to say that they are on the stiff side for street use. I still prefer them to the stck set up however and they performed great on the track (Although the track I go to is pretty darn smooth and does not have alot of elevation change). All in all if you don't mind a firm ride I would say that they perform ok!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Trevor Hebert

Originally Posted by Octogoogles
Well I have had a chance to run them in and I will have to say that they are on the stiff side for street use. I still prefer them to the stck set up however and they performed great on the track (Although the track I go to is pretty darn smooth and does not have alot of elevation change). All in all if you don't mind a firm ride I would say that they perform ok!
Bump!
Ik this is a reaallyy old post, but im looking for some information and reviews on the ksports.
How long did you keep them for? How have they held up?