Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Guys I need your advice ..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 08:54 PM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys I need your advice ..

My car's front rotors are done for, and I'm looking into buying the stoptech front and back rotors, but i'm stuck on which pads to get. I'm stuck between the project mu pads and the Hawk HPS brake pads, which are better. I'm interested in whichever produces the least brake dust (at least less dust than the stock pads produce), and somewhat better braking power than the stock pads. What do you guys recommend, I'm either buying this stage 2 kit which comes with front and rear stoptech rotors and the Hawk HPS brake pads >>>>>>> http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID51101...ck-models.aspx or just buying the rotors for the front and back separately from mynismo.com and ordering the project mu pads separately.

what do you guys recommend I do..
Old 09-06-2006, 09:00 PM
RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No personal experience with the Project MUs but I do have a set of the Hawk HPS pads in front and have had them for a while. The difference in brake dust was night and day. With the HPS pads I can go a week before I have to wipe the dust off the lips of my wheels. With the stock pad, it seemed like it was almost every day. I don't do any tracking/heavy braking so I didn't noticed a difference in performance but they are advertised as a performance pad. No problems with squealing but others have posted issues with noise. I did go through the proper bedding process, which probably helped.

RacerX
Old 09-07-2006, 04:46 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

so the hawks huh
Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 No experience with Mu's here, but HPS pads dust way less than stock Brembo's. Id like to try something diff next time though...maybe Im crazy but I think the stock pads grip better.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:25 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Originally Posted by Alberto
+1 No experience with Mu's here, but HPS pads dust way less than stock Brembo's. Id like to try something diff next time though...maybe Im crazy but I think the stock pads grip better.
Wish I had Brembos lol, well I guess I'll go with the HPS for now, until I go tt, I don't need anything big, I just need something that dusts less than the stock pads, and performs okay. thanks for the advice though
Old 09-07-2006, 10:45 AM
SpeedRcr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had hawk and switched over to mu's because they would stop when the rotor was partially submerged in water. So if you drive into a puddle and have to stop quick you dont have to worry about the hawks slipping on you
Old 09-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Alberto
The stock pads do have a better initial bite than the HPS. Alberto, Id recommend you getting Project Mu B Force pads as you are FI now. When I swapped out to STOPTECH 2 Piece rotors, NISMO R Tune pads, STOPTECH SS Lines I felt a very noticable difference in braking performance as well as acceleration due to the weight comparison with the 2 piece rotors. The Project Mu 2 piece rotors are even lighter than the STOPTECH's 2 piece rotors. I love my NISMO pads but you can get something very comparable like the Project Mu B Force pads for much cheaper. Let me know if you are interested, Ill make it a package deal with your girls new VOLKS, lol.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:34 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

I told you I had the HPS and the B-Force. Hated the HPS, love the Project Mu B-Force. Basically everything dusts less than stock so that's not the real deciding factor between these two.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Zexy

Project Mu B forces are crap.

Very noisy.