Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Tried Bedding in squealing Brakes but now its WORSE!! Should I Try It Again?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
dklau33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
I gave up on the Axxis Ultimates for my Stoptechs. I got a set of Axxis Deluxe's, and they are no squeel, and no dust (almost) Of course, they won't work at the track, but thats why I have track pads as well.

Dave
My ultimates on my stoptechs were very quiet up until I took them out for my first track day on these brakes. Now I can't get them to shut up. The noise isn't too bad though. Can only hear it with my windows down. Now I have a set of dedicated track pads.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:38 AM
DanielW
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I just got in some hawk hps for the fronts and i already have them on the rear but the sqeualing deffinitely seems to be coming from the fronts. So we'll see how it does after i replace these. (fingers crossed)
Old 10-08-2007, 08:17 AM
ErinFaulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danielwebb
well I just got in some hawk hps for the fronts and i already have them on the rear but the sqeualing deffinitely seems to be coming from the fronts. So we'll see how it does after i replace these. (fingers crossed)
How did it go? are they still squealing?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I installed my stoptechs I put some grease on the back of the pads and there is no squeal. I did the bedding according to stoptech instructions. It is very difficult finding a good time or place to do the bedding, but once it's done correctly it's well worth it.

BTW I have axxis pads, I wish I got hawks for track use though.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:02 PM
reserved

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by reserved
Hav'nt looked at Tirerack's website for "bedding-in" brakes, but the procedure described by the OP is how Stoptech describes the process.
BTW not as easy to do as it sounds without creating a traffic hazard or attracting unwanted attention from police dept!!! I went out one Sunday morning at 5.30 am to a stretch of road with a 50 mph speed limit, but it is definitely a little bit of a challenge unless you really live far from civilization.
In any event, the bed-in has not significantly helped with my brake squeal either.
Two weeks later, my brake squeal just disappeared
(hopeing it doesn't come back!)