Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Sqeaky noises when it's freezing out side...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 09:45 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sqeaky noises when it's freezing out side...

If my car was parked outside on a cold day for awhile and drive, entire front and rear suspensions make alot of sqeaking noises. Then it goes away after the car warms up and driven for about 20 min. It sounds just like the noise created by jumping up and down on a bed matress with bad springs in them... My car sounds like a junk car!! I drive my Z in circuits, and I drift and drag... So, I'm thinking my bushings are bad... Perhaps my suspensions as well. Do any of you have similar symptoms? Some people say silicon grease might help... Any thoughts?
Thanks~
Old 12-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesnt sound like its anything serious, plus, its freezing in the motherland right now. Oh, I may be going there in March.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Chill ----No pun intended. Everything is noisier when its cold til it warms up ---No worrys. If u change out go to a Urethane, but be prepared. Its better, but noisier yet
Old 12-28-2006, 05:59 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Doesnt sound like its anything serious, plus, its freezing in the motherland right now. Oh, I may be going there in March.
Hi Andy,

Yeah it's nothing serious, but it drives me crazy mentally~ Also my mechanic told me that bushings are in bad conditions...
I got to call you for the nismo bushing kits and the STOPTECH ROTORS! <- I know I've been dragging this out so long... I got side tracked and did the bodykit first... Let me know about your visit to Korea once the plan is finalized. We got to hangout...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:17 AM
meshugineh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue

I have the same issue but don't have any upgrades to suspension and don't drag/drift the car.

It is also driving me crazy mentally so if someone out there has an idea of what it is that would be fantastic.

Oh and I just changed out my belts to "quiet" gatorback belts to see if that was the problem, no dice.