Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Swift Spirings

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
captj3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swift Spirings

Does anyone have these springs on there Z? How would they compare to Teins. The only thing I know about them is they are JDM. Any info would help in my decision on buying them. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Nihilation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Swift's are one of the best street/track performance springs available for the 350z. Combine them with a set of Tokico D-Spec shocks and you're golden.

Last edited by Nihilation; 04-19-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:46 PM
captj3

How much of a drop are theses? How is the ride on them? Which ones did you get? I'm looking for a minimal drop and I'm also getting Tokico D spec shocks.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Nihilation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by captj3
How much of a drop are theses? How is the ride on them? Which ones did you get? I'm looking for a minimal drop and I'm also getting Tokico D spec shocks.
It was roughly .8" front and .6" drop in the rear. I leave my Tokico's on the stiffest setting for daily driving and I feel that it's perfect. Expect -1 degree of front camber and -2.5 in the rear, get a set of SPC rear control arms for $180 from Z1 and have them installed at the same time.

Last edited by Nihilation; 04-19-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone have these springs on there Z? How would they compare to Teins. The only thing I know about them is they are JDM. Any info would help in my decision on buying them. Thanks in advance.

Tein S-tech 350Z springs .7“.6“ (slightly progressive front, linear rear)
Spring rates in LBS 386/402

Swift 350Z linear springs .8”/.6” drop on 350Z, G35 drop will be higher)
Spring rates in LBS 336/364

We can't proclaim the Swift spring as being a better performance spring in the face of the S-tech having greater stiffness level's. Granted the material used in the wire by Swift is lighter in weight and it's front spring is 100% linear. Both those things don't add up to trump the S-tech. And if we want to split hairs, the front S-tech springs only have 1 maybe 1.5 coil's devoted to being progressive, meaning they will not have a wide variation between initial rate and final rate like several other Z springs that have 3 or more progressive coils.

I don't see either spring as a poor or wrong choice, they both have qualities that I prefer (though both are far to soft for me). 1. Mild drop to promote decent shock piston travel 2. Linear springs (forgiving the S-tech fronts because of only being slightly progressive). 3. Decent front spring stiffness increase over oem (Swift does trail the S-tech in that regard)
Old 04-23-2007, 12:00 AM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What has fortgotten to be mentioned is that SWIFT uses a superior material that is stronger, lighter, and not going to sag over time, compared to almost all the others, which use silicon chrome ... according to SWIFT. The pricing reflects it. If you're a JDM *****, Swift qualifies also.

www.swiftsprings.com "SWIFT advantage"

If you plan on getting a body kit, or if you use this car as a daily driver, the drop is perfect. The 0.6" drop for the rear doesn't seem like much on paper, but it is obvious you dropped your car.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:18 AM
captj3

Thanks for the information.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 PM
mavtais

My install with pics and all. Short term review & long term review.
https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/231140-swift-sport-mach-springs-just-installed.html
I love the swift springs, but they might not be as stiff in the rear as OEM revised springs. Regardless, I am happy with them.