Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

check these lowering springs out (need advice)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:46 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default check these lowering springs out (need advice)

Whats up zer's i wanted you guys to check out these adjustable springs that i found on ebay. They are adjustable from 0-4 inches not that i want my car that low. I have been looking for something like this i was hoping eibach would come out with adjustable springs like this but they have not. I had adjustable springs just like these on my mustang and they worked great but they were eibach ground controls so i knew they would have a good reputation but i've never seen anyone with this spring set-up on the z please discuss if their is anything i should worry about if i make this purchase.

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't... your Z is a finely tuned machine. Why would you put on some springs that could be made from the crappiest materials? Trust big brand names such as tein, hotchkis, etc... All the big companies spend countless hours of R&D to get the spring rates just right... these are probably just for looks and is eventually going to get softer and compress more as you drive. Not good.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Scarab440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you install these keep your stock stuff for when you want to put it back in the next day.

Ground control is good stuff. these don't appear to be of the same quality as GC
Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 PM
UHATEIT

looks good to me! where were those when I was searching for coilovers!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by marques1
Whats up zer's i wanted you guys to check out these adjustable springs that i found on ebay. They are adjustable from 0-4 inches not that i want my car that low. I have been looking for something like this i was hoping eibach would come out with adjustable springs like this but they have not. I had adjustable springs just like these on my mustang and they worked great but they were eibach ground controls so i knew they would have a good reputation but i've never seen anyone with this spring set-up on the z please discuss if their is anything i should worry about if i make this purchase.

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...QQcmdZViewItem
Do NOT run them with oem shocks of ANY kind. If you buy them to try them out, only do so when you have either Tokico D-specs or Koni sports in hand. They have front spring rates that oem shocks and shocks valved like oem cannot deal with. Spring rates are 450/350.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:13 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ok thanks you very much well it doesn't look like i will be buying these i just hope that eibach comes out with something similiar to this for the z they seem to have them for every other car except for the z ugh.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Gsedan35

Originally Posted by marques1
ok thanks you very much well it doesn't look like i will be buying these i just hope that eibach comes out with something similiar to this for the z they seem to have them for every other car except for the z ugh.
Eibach will not come out with a sleeve coilover kit for the Z. They already buy the Kw Varient 1 coilover kit and relable it as their own Pro-S coilover for the Z. Ground-control did R&D one coilover set for the Z, which ironically was sold on Ebay about 1 year ago. Reason Ground-Control does not make a kit for the Z and never will beyond that one kit is because they could not figure out how to make a cost effective system for the rear that could adjust height in a manner that buyers could access with ease. The one kit they did make was considered a failure by them because of rear access issue.

You can make your own kit for the front if you use Koni shocks, Koni coiilover parts, Eibach ESS springs and K-sport pillowball upper mounts. For the rear I would just use the rear system out of that Ebay kit, end cost for all the parts would be about $550. Here's a picture of the end result of a Koni based front kit.

Here's a closeup of the Koni sleeve coilover parts for the front.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Scarab440

^^now that is a great bit of DIY!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:13 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Awesome Koni DIY kit. Can you post the specs on the kit?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Gsedan35

One thing I forgot to mention is that the setup is not about dropping the car. With min spring preload it will only drop the car 1/4". Part of the reason I went with the Truechoice phase IV front shocks was to get a lower front ride height.

Koni coilover parts are part numbers
Kon30..0000.0005 and Kon30..0000.0006 (2 each)

Koni progressive soft bump stops are part numbers
Kon15.34.20.000.0 (2 each)

Eibach ESS 8" long 2.5" ID spring (you must pick your own spring rate, I ran then with 448 and 560, spring in the above picture is not a Eibach spring)

All of the above parts are avaliable from http://www.truechoicekoniracingservi...act/index.html

For the upper mount, this is K-sports contact info
By phone at 480-829-8100
By email at info@ksportusa.com

You will want to ask them about ordering 2 front upper pillowball mounts for their 350Z coilover kit CNS26-KP. I'm not running their upper mount, but I promised the supplier whom doesn't want to sell to the public that I would not reveal who their are. I saw someone else running a setup that used the K-sport upper mounts so that's where I got the idea.