Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Opinions on Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:42 AM
kevin8086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dam# i just bought a set of HPS's front and rear. hope these will stop my car at 150+ MPH. i guess well see here in a couple days. anyone here try stopping their car and 150 or so with these HPS pads?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:19 AM
dklau33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, this thread got way off tangent. This is supposed to be about the Hawk Cermaic line, not the HPS/HP+.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Tackett

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ceramic pads suck.

does that help?

unless you are raw-******* your car, or otherwise for track use, i would go with something that will save your rotors. brake pads are much cheaper than rotors.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:29 PM
ke0ki2k

Originally Posted by Beau
Do you drive the car really hard with lots of hard stops?

If so, just bite the bullet and get HP+. The dust makes your wheels look like you painted them gun metal so you could view it as a good thing. You definitely won't be upset with the grip.
yeah the LMGT4's look sharp as hell when theyre dusted down lol not lying. I only drive hard with hard, late braking at the gap a couple weekends a month. But whats the life like on HP+ pads?
Old 11-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Beau

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevin8086
dam# i just bought a set of HPS's front and rear. hope these will stop my car at 150+ MPH. i guess well see here in a couple days. anyone here try stopping their car and 150 or so with these HPS pads?
I wouldn't try that even if you paid me. The HP+ can do that for a few laps, but you will start feeling a soft pedal after 4-5 hard fast laps.

Originally Posted by ke0ki2k
yeah the LMGT4's look sharp as hell when theyre dusted down lol not lying. I only drive hard with hard, late braking at the gap a couple weekends a month. But whats the life like on HP+ pads?
Today 03:17 PM
I just got back from Shenandoah at Summit Point. I logged somewhere between 200-250 TRACK miles on a brand new set of HP+, they never saw street use other than to bed them in while I was at the track. I will be using these on the street for the next week or so until I take them off. I'll try to take a picture of them to show what is left. For referrence, I was hitting around 120mph on the straight away that is where pit out lane is. Then braking hard down to mid 3rd gear (50mph?) and there are probably 3-4 other places that require hard braking. They were certainly abused. When I was at Shenandoah in 80degree weather they would fade pretty bad after a few laps, but this time in temps around 40degrees I didn't have any real fading issues. I ALMOST kept up with a Mustang GT500 and a modified AMG S55 walked away from me, but I was able to pass everybody else in my run group. Even passed my first Ferrari! But, it was an old 308 GTB so it's not much to brag about. I don't think he was happy about it since he wouldn't give me a point by for 3-4 laps! The guy in the GT500 gave me props for nearly keeping up with him in a STOCK 350Z with 225mm tires FRONT AND REAR! Yes, I beat the sh*t out of my car at the track, the Ecsta MX's were squeeling in nearly every corner. This guy with an AMG SLK55 thought my car was modified since I was going so fast! That was awesome telling him it's bone stock!

As far as HPS to stop you from 150mph... fuggedaboudit!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
mwest300zx

I use Hawk HP+ on my track and street cars. No problems, no noise, little dust.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very good for low dust, bad when they heat up. If you do HARD driving pass on these, for the avg person once ina while spirited run they are fine. They were downright scary once I built the engine they would fade very easily. Now I run pads that bite like a **** and dust like crazy, I'll take that anyday.