Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Red stuff / yellow stuff? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
GWord256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1cockyZ
This person quoting above is way to hard on the brakes. They come with integral shims and a easy bed-in material. I bought mine for $93 shipped and I have brembos.
You are 100% correct, i work 'um hard! But on a side note I have a non-Brembo G35. So I have a heavier car with smaller brakes. Threshold braking with my car will work up the temperatures very quick.

Regardless, I'm still disappointed with them.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:52 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WyattH
Cocky Z - Where did you get yellows shipped for $95??? That is a great deal. That's the price of Axxis Deluxe+ I was considering. I've only seen EBC for $140-170 shipped (red-yellow).
I got a set of yellows and greens from this website:

www.autopartswarehouse.com

Yellows were 92.66 and greens were 77.96.... not bad at all, especially considering shipping is free and FAST (ordered 25th, arrived 27th). They have warehouses all over the US.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
doskiez

MSR Cresson is a fun track (only clockwise) hahaha too many offs running the track with the new section counterclockwise. Im thinking of doing yellowstuff for the street I hope they dont dust all that bad.
Im with you im hard on brakes I just coasted back to school (no brake pads left) from Barber Motorsports Park (Leeds, AL) tonight. I wore a set of hawk hps pads down to the backing plate, which were essentially brand new I broke them in and then drove the car to the track, so im thinking of going with some cobalt friction pads for the next track day.

Originally Posted by GWord256
Just got back from Motor Sport Ranch (Cresson, TX) this past weekend. Got "YellowStuff" pads because I went through a set of OEM pads in two days at Texas World Speedway.

The Yellows lasted me 3 sessions or 1.5 hours of track use. I plan on writing EBC a letter of dissapointment. I runied a whole set Front and Back. Paint melted off, and rubber shims started to bubble.

The next day all I had was OEM pads (had to drive 60 miles to pick up the only ones in stock). Went one session (30 minutes) and ruined a rear set (less than 1 mm remaining). Put on another set of rears (I was able to find 2 sets woo!hoo!) and stoped denying to myself that I own a fat car so I started to brake early and light. Moral of the story EBC pads lasted 3 times longer than OEM.

My suggestion, get street pads for street, track pads for track. Skip the in between pads unless your driving in the novice group.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:57 PM
dfresh713
Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm very hard on my brakes and have been running the reds for about 1.5 years or 25k miles. I thnk they are great at stopping and never have brake dust. I'm thinking about swapping over to yellow, anyone make the switch?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:05 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

I did red to yellow , to 06 non brembo with yellow then to BBk with dedicated track pads. Reds are great for the street, yellow is fine for your first couple track days. If you track you car after that, OEM brembo's are fine fore a while but a BBk with dedicated track pads is a must.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:06 PM
cliffrlp

Epic thread bump.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:19 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dfresh713
I'm very hard on my brakes and have been running the reds for about 1.5 years or 25k miles. I thnk they are great at stopping and never have brake dust. I'm thinking about swapping over to yellow, anyone make the switch?
Wow.. I can't remember if I ever had one set of brake pads on my Z for 25k miles or 1.5 years.

EBC Yellows lasted two days for me. One day on the street for bed-in, and one day at the track - then they were gone... no pad left. This was on a small track too - top speed about 100mph. (4x 15min sessions)
Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 PM
NyCSnEaK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey EBC yellow and red users, which has more initial bite on the Z? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
gerrychuck

Originally Posted by NyCSnEaK
Hey EBC yellow and red users, which has more initial bite on the Z? Thanks in advance.
Driving on the street with light braking, I'd have to say the reds. On the track I don't know, as I've only used the yellows on track. For what it's worth, I didn't experience any significant fade with the yellows in 3 track days; haven't pulled my wheels off since the w/e to see how much pad I have left, though. To confirm what others have said, the yellows produce WAY more dust than the reds (which produce virtually none).
Old 06-10-2010, 05:36 AM
350Z_Al

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I run the reds daily on the street in my Brembos. Very little brake dust, the pads that were on the car before were way worse.

The reds bite significantly harder than the stock pads.

I have yet to have any brake fade, I have done several hard stops from 100mph+ and no brake fade yet unlike the stock pads. I have definatly noticed blue heat marks on my shitty stock rotors though after hard stops

My only complaint about these pads is that they squeaked like a bastard for the first 600 or so miles. (a good hard stop from 80+mph would get rid of the squeek fro a few days). They also squeek when it is humid/raining out.

Other than that they are great.