Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brembo Factory Replacement Review...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 04:23 AM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brembo Factory Replacement Review...

So I recently purchased front and rear rotors and front and rear pads.

I went with StopTech non-slotted non-drilled fronts and Centric rears for the rotors.

The pads I went with were Wagner ThermoQuiets Part#MX-960 and MX-961.

The rotors I went with are nice, both are well designed, the pads seemed decent, install went without any issue just like any other brakes.

So overall I give the whole set a good score from replacement from the factory components, however the rear pads were absolutely terrible, they may so much noise its ridiculous its honestly embarassing how the squeal. The front pads make no noise, for some reason it's only the rear pads (I even got a second set to double check) they're absolutely terrible noise wise. Other then the rear pads being noisy the whole replacement was cheap and effective. Grand total with rotors and pads was in the $250.00 dollar area. I am quite pleased, however I am replacing the rear pads with something else, I can't deal with the squeal.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Art Vandaleigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you reuse the stock brembo shims on the pads? Brembo calipers are quite noisy without shims or anti-squeal compound.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:37 AM
DelayedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Art Vandaleigh
Did you reuse the stock brembo shims on the pads? Brembo calipers are quite noisy without shims or anti-squeal compound.
Ya I re-used the shims, going to use some anti squeal stuff.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:16 PM
TEF

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DelayedZ
So I recently purchased front and rear rotors and front and rear pads.

I went with StopTech non-slotted non-drilled fronts and Centric rears for the rotors.

The pads I went with were Wagner ThermoQuiets Part#MX-960 and MX-961.

The rotors I went with are nice, both are well designed, the pads seemed decent, install went without any issue just like any other brakes.

So overall I give the whole set a good score from replacement from the factory components, however the rear pads were absolutely terrible, they may so much noise its ridiculous its honestly embarassing how the squeal. The front pads make no noise, for some reason it's only the rear pads (I even got a second set to double check) they're absolutely terrible noise wise. Other then the rear pads being noisy the whole replacement was cheap and effective. Grand total with rotors and pads was in the $250.00 dollar area. I am quite pleased, however I am replacing the rear pads with something else, I can't deal with the squeal.
Relative to the total cost, where did you buy the front and rear rotors? $250 seems like a good deal for rotors and pads for fours corners?

Thanks
Old 06-08-2008, 10:38 AM
kinetikz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEF
Relative to the total cost, where did you buy the front and rear rotors? $250 seems like a good deal for rotors and pads for fours corners?

Thanks
I would like to know too, its almost time to replace my rotors.