Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:21 AM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake pads

I am not looking to get anything really expensive just need some new pads. I don't want anything junky though either.

Where is the best place to purchase new brake pads? I looked at the Hawk pads and the nismo ones. There was a sponser on here that was giving a discount to members on the nismo ones. I pm'd him to see if he is still around.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:24 PM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenpo_350Z
I am not looking to get anything really expensive just need some new pads. I don't want anything junky though either.

Where is the best place to purchase new brake pads? I looked at the Hawk pads and the nismo ones. There was a sponser on here that was giving a discount to members on the nismo ones. I pm'd him to see if he is still around.

Any help is appreciated.
i'm not sure what you're looking for in terms of performance. i've been searching for pads for my G's first brake job. i've used axxis ultimates in the past with my other cars and i'll probably go with that for my G coupe. the axxis ultimate pad is a ceramic and kevlar combination. it offers good initial bite, fade resistance and will make the brakes feel responsive compared to stock. it's relatively inexpensive compared to nismo and other premium brands. the only minor downside to these pads is that they produce a lot of dust. however, i value increased braking performance over a little brake dust any day. good luck and PM me about your pad choice and individual results!
Old 07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Xzero

If you want regular pads, as in non-track, go Centric Posi-Quiet. They aren't junk, not top-o-the-line either. They come scorched, so need for break-in or bedding.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Ztalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a very long thread for brake pads info.
https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/310937-ultimate-brake-pad-thread-what-s-the-least-noisy-with-minimal-dust-4.html
Old 07-15-2008, 03:56 PM
kenpo_350Z

Thanks for the replies. There is a special going on the Nismo pads for around 60 something. But those Axxis pads are even cheaper I believe. I will have to do some more reading.

VQdriver I will send you a PM on what I decide. It may be a week or two but I just wanted to start researching now.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:02 PM
VQdriver

Thanks for the replies. There is a special going on the Nismo pads for around 60 something. But those Axxis pads are even cheaper I believe. I will have to do some more reading.

VQdriver I will send you a PM on what I decide. It may be a week or two but I just wanted to start researching now.
ok, cool. if you do go with axxis, make sure it's the "ultimate" pad. i have no experience with the metal master or organic pad, but i was quite happy with the ultimates...
Old 07-15-2008, 07:52 PM
OnADimePBS

Originally Posted by Xzero
If you want regular pads, as in non-track, go Centric Posi-Quiet. They aren't junk, not top-o-the-line either.
+1

Stoptech was thinking about offering these with their BBK's as a streetable yet performance pad instead of the pads they currently have.

I've personally installed them on a G35 all around with drilled and slotted rotors and they made a noticeable difference. The posiquiets are a low dust, low (or no) noise pad that lasts a very long time. But like stated above, it depends what you plan on doing with the car. There are higher quality pads out but for the price and performance these pads are hard to beat IMHO.

Hope this helps,
Alex

More info and prices: Check here

Last edited by OnADimePBS; 07-15-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 PM
kenpo_350Z

Wanted to let you guys know I decided to go with the Hawk HPS pads. I couldn't pass up a deal on ebay. Front and Rears brand new for 21.50 total!! I just got lucky and there was only one other bidder.

I will have to post up a review once I get them on. They should come in next week.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully they will be good pads.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Q45tech

Give or take a couple of dollars all pads have the same material cost to build other than labor.
Premium Profit brands must be analysed very carefully since there are no tests or requirements that they even meet oem performance.

The EU does require that so called aftermarket pads must be at least 80% equal but US has ZERO STANDARDS.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:25 AM
kenpo_350Z

Well, hopefully these work out good. I just want to keep the Z in top condition. I wish I could afford the Brembo's but for now these will do
Old 07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
03redlinetrack

Well, hopefully these work out good. I just want to keep the Z in top condition. I wish I could afford the Brembo's but for now these will do
You'll have to do an update about the pads in a week or so. I was thinking about going with those Hawks for my brembos, but ran out of time and ended up going with OEM brembo pads for now. I need to pass the Missouri car inspection this week and procrastinated on ordering a good set of pads. My front and rear pads were the only thing that failed the inspection.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
kenpo_350Z

Sounds good 03red. I will hopefully get the pads this week and maybe do the install this weekend. I will let you know.