Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Nismo Vs 350z

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:34 AM
djwatts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo Vs 350z

I know most people would think this is dumb but hey what the heck,

am trying to find out what exactly the nismo version Z has compared to a regular base model Z? i know most things that it does and doesnt have but for incase am missing something let me know..
1. brembo brakes F/R
2. suspension
3. sway bars
4. exhaust
and as for interior not really sure thanks everyone
Old 01-04-2009, 09:48 AM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djwatts

am trying to find out what exactly the nismo version Z has compared to a regular base model Z? i know most things that it does and doesnt have but for incase am missing something let me know..
1. brembo brakes F/R
2. suspension
3. sway bars
4. exhaust
supposed to be more welds on seams...thus stiffer.

you missed the obvious body kit
wheels

I"m 90% this has been covered before, so you might put on a flame suit....and wrong forum.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 AM
djwatts

I was actually just going for performance parts.. but thanks man
Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 AM
djwatts

and interior as well

thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dampers front and rear
Special seats
Red stitching
Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 AM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unique gauge cluster I believe, not to mention the little Nismo Edition metal plate with production number. It might have unique seats too, but I'm not too sure, I think seats are fairly easy to replace, so never paid much attention to the exact design.

The axle back muffler is different, but the remaining exhaust parts are identical.

The wheels are a unique version of the GT wheels found on higher models, same basic layout, but different spoke design and color. I believe the weights and dimensions are identical.

The Brembos are the same Brembos found on higher models, so nothing huge there. One note though is that OEM Brembo cars also have a different Brake Booster, so it will have that difference between the Base.

The Nismo also has the chassis mass dampers, in front and behind the seats. This part can be purchased along with the brackets and put into other models. Theres also the additional bar in the engine bay.

Suspension is unique to the Nismo, to include shocks, springs and sways. I don't think any research has been done into what the actual specs are. This is something I would actually like to find out though if anyone can shed some light on it.

Additional welding and such has already been mentioned.

TK
Old 01-04-2009, 11:08 AM
djwatts

nice this thread is coming out to be a real success thanks to everyone who has put some input on this, its really helpful
Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 PM
fabcas311

you cant get this one anywhere.........LOL
Name:  DSC00280.jpg
Views: 6797
Size:  15.9 KB
Old 01-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Z04

1. brembo brakes F/R
2. suspension
3. sway bars
4. exhaust
if you had actually taken the time and read the threads here

https://my350z.com/forum/nismo-350z-476/

there would be no need for this thread at all.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

z04 go kill yourself, why posting wasting your time to say that, i wonder what you douchbags do for a living
Z04 posted a legitimate link to help newbs like you. There is a seperate forum specifically for the Nismo edition Z, and spending a little time reading there would help you figure out the differences.. there is no need for name calling..
Old 01-06-2009, 04:39 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I was actually just going for performance parts.. but thanks man
The bodykit performs as downforce it isn't for looks. So that is performance.

Yes definitely the wrong forum and this has been covered many times already.

Yamaha Dampers, Seam Welds, stiffer springs/shocks/sways, additional welds, extra support brace under hood, and the rest was covered.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:41 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

The NISMO also has upgraded brake pads over the normal Brembo brakes.

Originally Posted by T_K
Unique gauge cluster I believe, not to mention the little Nismo Edition metal plate with production number. It might have unique seats too, but I'm not too sure, I think seats are fairly easy to replace, so never paid much attention to the exact design.

The axle back muffler is different, but the remaining exhaust parts are identical.

The wheels are a unique version of the GT wheels found on higher models, same basic layout, but different spoke design and color. I believe the weights and dimensions are identical.

The Brembos are the same Brembos found on higher models, so nothing huge there. One note though is that OEM Brembo cars also have a different Brake Booster, so it will have that difference between the Base.

The Nismo also has the chassis mass dampers, in front and behind the seats. This part can be purchased along with the brackets and put into other models. Theres also the additional bar in the engine bay.

Suspension is unique to the Nismo, to include shocks, springs and sways. I don't think any research has been done into what the actual specs are. This is something I would actually like to find out though if anyone can shed some light on it.

Additional welding and such has already been mentioned.

TK
Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Cool. Didn't know that.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Yep, but I already ditched mine.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Looks Fast

IMO the Nismo stuff is not worth your time if you plan on grabbing aftermarket parts, there is a lot of stuff better out there for almost the same price Nissan charges.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:16 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Azumoth
IMO the Nismo stuff is not worth your time if you plan on grabbing aftermarket parts, there is a lot of stuff better out there for almost the same price Nissan charges.
Actually no there isn't. You cant get better stuff that performs like the NISMO stuff. Sure brake pads there is better stuff, but the suspension on the NISMO can out handle cars with aftermarket suspension already.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:49 PM
AAB350z

Originally Posted by Azumoth
I agree with Azumoth. I have an 06 base with just springs, shocks, and sways and have beaten 2 or 3 nismos at the few autocrosses I've attended in the last year. There's better mods for your money, whether people want to believe it or not.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:18 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by AAB350z
I agree with Azumoth. I have an 06 base with just springs, shocks, and sways and have beaten 2 or 3 nismos at the few autocrosses I've attended in the last year. There's better mods for your money, whether people want to believe it or not.
You beat the driver not the car. The spring rates on the NISMO are higher than any suspension out aftermarket for the 350z.

I beat heavily modded race prepped 350z at the track and autox. Does that mean my car is better, maybe, or that means I am a better driver.

So your comparison is flawed. The NISMO responds faster, tighter, and is more responsive than a normal 350z will ever be. That is due to the structure reinforcements it has that a normal 350z does not.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:12 AM
NightRider88

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
You beat the driver not the car. The spring rates on the NISMO are higher than any suspension out aftermarket for the 350z.

I beat heavily modded race prepped 350z at the track and autox. Does that mean my car is better, maybe, or that means I am a better driver.

So your comparison is flawed. The NISMO responds faster, tighter, and is more responsive than a normal 350z will ever be. That is due to the structure reinforcements it has that a normal 350z does not.

how would you compare Nismo suspension to Zeals?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:12 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Never been in a car with Zeals, but on here someone listed all the Spring rates and the NISMO stock suspension had the highest spring rate out of all the aftermarket ones available. Suspension will not be the only thing to help a car handle, it's in the structure of the body of the car itself that you can not change to a stock 350z that the NISMO has without some serious cash.

Quick Reply: Nismo Vs 350z