Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

True Coilover not low enough

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True Coilover not low enough

Hey guys, sorry to sound newbish but I have buddyclub coilovers on my 03 Z and for some reason the lowest it can be dropped in the rear is ~1.5" Up front i can go as low as i want but the rear wont. From what im hearing true coilover setups are suppose to give u that slammed look. Anyway my question is; if i replace the oem spring mount "which was never removed" with a rear A-arm (or whatever u call them), will my rears be able to drop some more? I've seen pics of true coilovers on other Zs and there is a bar instead of the spring mount. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Toby22
Old 06-06-2009, 10:23 PM
danimaldaisy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If all you want to do is lower it more.....you can cut the rear spring mount....look up "spring mount mod"

BEFORE YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!! measure how much clearance you have from the ground to the rear Diff.......probably why it wont go any lower......

and IF you want to do the spring mount mod....order a NEW SET....and cut the old ones...just in case you want to switch back or don't like it.....I have been waiting a whole month for mine....
Old 06-06-2009, 10:30 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you should have bought an air suspension if you want it slammed.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Toby-22

Originally Posted by danimaldaisy
If all you want to do is lower it more.....you can cut the rear spring mount....look up "spring mount mod"

BEFORE YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!! measure how much clearance you have from the ground to the rear Diff.......probably why it wont go any lower......

and IF you want to do the spring mount mod....order a NEW SET....and cut the old ones...just in case you want to switch back or don't like it.....I have been waiting a whole month for mine....
Wow thanks man, so this will work even for true coilovers?
Old 06-07-2009, 07:19 AM
DozJr7

Originally Posted by JPE22
Wow thanks man, so this will work even for true coilovers?
yup
Old 06-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Explain how trimming the rear spring mount is going to alter the height on a true rear coilover (where the spring is on the damper, not separate like an OEM setup), considering the spring no longer even uses that mount anymore?

OP -

1. how are you adjusting the height? Are these coilovers 2 way height adjustable or 1 way?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 AM
johzp

This has nothing to do with what the OP is talking about.

He has a true coilover setup.....therefore NO REAR SPRINGS inside the spring bucket.

Hes talking about replacing the spring bucket with an adjustable toe arm like this one

If your shock body won't go any further then your either SOL or....i don't recommend this but you can adjust your springload and bring it down ever so slightly....this might or might not lower your car a little more, it just depends...also you're messing with the preload so just be cautioned.

Anyways Good luck with trying to lower your car, maybe its time for a new set of coilovers, i had to go through my share of different suspensions before i got my BC racing coilovers.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:13 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol
Old 06-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Toby-22

Well i guess im just gonna have to get a different set of coilovers

Stance coilovers will be my next buy
Old 06-08-2009, 04:31 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pictures of said the lowest it'll go? I've seen some people with BC coilovers and they had it pretty low.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Toby-22

It's the rears, the fronts can be slammed but not the rears. The main reason i bought the buddyclub was i thought all "true Coilovers" can be slammed. Shoulda done better research