Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Need help - brake assist?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:27 PM
billstein87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help - brake assist?

Hey Z gurus,
I have a question, but first some background. I have a 2003 with VDC in a racecar I bought. The ABS hadn't been working, but I found a bad ground and now it works great. The trouble is that now if I trail brake or turn at all while braking the computer tries to help me and really causes havoc. Does anyone know how to shut that crap off without disabling the ABS?

Thanks!
Bill
Old 08-28-2009, 07:29 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I assume you're depressing the VDC Off switch when driving it on the track, right?

Short of killing ABS, you can't disable the other function that it performs - EBD or electronic brake distributor. You have to pull the brake fuse to kill ABS and EBD. With your limited description, I'm not sure that's what is causing your problem though.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 PM
billstein87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Yeah VDc is off. To explain a little more - If I have my foot on the brakes at all when I turn, it grabs the brakes, releases, and grabs again. There is one brake zone that has a slight curve. When i go through that one and start to release the brakes, the pedal stays down. It may grab for a half second, release, and grab again. I think if I hit the gas it lets me go. It even does it in the parking lot. IN the parking lot, Im wondering if it is due to the diff skipping that makes the computer unhappy. The only thing I can think is tomorrow I can check that the wheel speed sensors are all giving similar values when I drive in a straight line. It brakes well and hasn't thrown any codes so I don't know how much hope I have for that.

thanks,
Bill