Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Replacement Ball Joint

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Chuck1000rr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Replacement Ball Joint

Was sup every one I've spent quite some time searching the treads with no luck. Now I feel its time to ask, those anyone know who makes a replacement ball joint. The one on the Knuckle that connects to the lower control arm on the Z I have an 04 Roadster Enthusiast that is in need of new ones. Dealer doesn't sell just that piece, also I know there's one out there with the name of moonface roll center adjuster that's too much for my needs right now. I have stock suspension stock wheels ect. maybe someone out there knows of an equivalent ball joint that will work just as good as the stock, I'm searching and can't find one yet I'm sure one of you guys probably knows of one. Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:51 PM
ZeezCustomz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck1000rr
Was sup every one I've spent quite some time searching the treads with no luck. Now I feel its time to ask, those anyone know who makes a replacement ball joint. The one on the Knuckle that connects to the lower control arm on the Z I have an 04 Roadster Enthusiast that is in need of new ones. Dealer doesn't sell just that piece, also I know there's one out there with the name of moonface roll center adjuster that's too much for my needs right now. I have stock suspension stock wheels ect. maybe someone out there knows of an equivalent ball joint that will work just as good as the stock, I'm searching and can't find one yet I'm sure one of you guys probably knows of one. Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Chuck, your post caught my eye because I was searching for the same ball joint last month. I am somewhat of a mechanic and work on many cars besides my own Z, therefore I have many connections in the auto parts industry. Bad news, no one sells a stock replacement ball joint seperately, you have to buy the entire control arm, tension rod, or spindle, etc...to get a ball joint with it. Sorry but I thought I would let you know the bad news before you waste hours looking like I did.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Chuck1000rr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gee thanks for the info, I did read some where in a forum cant remember which on that NAPPA makes one and that the sizing was 1.540 have you heard anything like that. its crazy its just a ball joint and the only people who make them after market want too much and they seem to be for a onl for people who have coil overs and other ajustable part up front, Im thing of lowering but only with springs notthin too fancy. I just intalled some camber ajustment arm in the rear, Im been doing my own work on my Z too, not a mechnic but mechacaly incline I just follw the instruction and get it done. Anyway that sucks if I have to buy those knuckles. Thanks