Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

"groove" on brake rotor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:19 PM
nismomike

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "groove" on brake rotor?

hey all, I was washing my Nismo Z tonight, and on the front left rotor, I noticed a thin "groove" or line going around the rotor close to the outer edge, as seen in the pic (iphone, sorry its dark, but it's the best I can do) I installed Brembo cross drilled rotors on the car about 6 months ago (done maybe about 3k miles on rotors), and the car has 7k miles altogether. I am just wondering if this is normal, as I do not feel any thing "cut" as I slowly run my finger(s) over the rotor. All the other rotors seem fine, and i am just wondering if there is a problem? The car is driven normally, and I have had to make a few hard stops here under some conditions ( guy stops short, car changing lanes, etc). But I am **** about my car, and I was wondering if this is a cause of concern? The rotors are Brembo cross drilled and slotted, OEM Nismo size (brembo, respectively), and the car has 7200 miles with just over 3000 miles on these rotors. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Pic is attached ,again sorry for the dark pic, the groove is the "shiny" line along the top of the rotor.
Attached Thumbnails "groove" on brake rotor?-securedownload.jpg  

Last edited by nismomike; 11-07-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:01 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,299 Likes on 900 Posts

Unless there's scoring on the rotor surface itself, it's not much to worry about. You may have picked up a small rock, or had some contaminant that lodged itself between the rotor and pad. You could pull the wheel and check the Brembo pad itself. If there's anything there, it should be cleared off.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:16 AM
nismomike

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump?..nobody else has any insight?