ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread! - Page 4 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:11 PM
  #61  
SmokersMagee
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
SmokersMagee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 403
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ppat1989 View Post
Just installed these last night. Paid $849 plus shipping cane out to $899. I found them for $880 shipped but I really like my vendor. Anyways, so far so good. With 14kgF 12kgR spring rates they are very stiff yet I don't feel that they are that bad. I have them set in the middle on the dampening settings and it seems as though the compression and rebound rates make it more comfortable to drive even with the stiffer spring rates. They came with all necessary hardware, two adjustment extenders for the rears and two ride height adjustment wrenches. I dropped 1" all the way around. The rear ride height was actually perfect right out of the box and I don't even have to roll my fenders at my current height. The fronts were actually higher than stock when initially installed but after a little bit of adjusting, they settled in close to perfect. I will post some pictures up when I get a chance. My car is my daily driver and is used once to twice a month for autocross and about once every two to three months for time trials. As soon as I get some track time in with them I will give my amateur review of what I think of them. I've already found myself taking turns alot faster than I normally do but with so much of the body roll eliminated, I don't even notice that I'm going as fast as I am. All in all I am impressed with my sub $900 coilovers at this early point in time. Also, I believe but could be wrong, that they retail for $1450 but nobody really charges that much for them.
Let me know how they treat you bro.
SmokersMagee is offline  
Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
  #62  
vex008
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CI
Posts: 2,651
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

1. BRAND - Powered By MAX PRO - revised version to the Comp.
2. TYPE - TRUE
3. PRICE - $1,500 (not including shipping)
4. ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION - can be found here:
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?9
Everything in picture is what came with the coilovers. minus bubble wrap and individual boxes for each coil (well packaged i should add)



waiting on a few other components to arrive to do get everything installed one day versus back and forth as items arrive.

Last edited by vex008; 06-22-2011 at 03:03 PM.
vex008 is offline  
Old 06-23-2011, 05:37 AM
  #63  
ppat1989
Professional
iTrader: (5)
 
ppat1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SmokersMagee View Post
Let me know how they treat you bro.
I'll let you check them put at the next autox. You gonna be there on the 9th?
ppat1989 is offline  
Old 06-23-2011, 06:46 AM
  #64  
kno
Registered User
iTrader: (22)
 
kno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MIAMI, Florida
Posts: 3,427
Thanked 119 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Wow vex that suspension looks baller. Op great thread ill post my set up later.
kno is offline  
Old 06-23-2011, 04:29 PM
  #65  
SmokersMagee
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
SmokersMagee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 403
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ppat1989 View Post
I'll let you check them put at the next autox. You gonna be there on the 9th?
Yup
SmokersMagee is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 06:08 AM
  #66  
Deedilus
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 484
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just installed the PBM coilovers Vex posted above, gonna post a short summary of my experience with em before I had to leave on a business trip a little later today. Amazing coilovers. Good choice Vex
Deedilus is offline  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:20 PM
  #67  
mestisoZ
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
mestisoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA/SoVA
Posts: 280
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ppat1989 View Post
Just installed these last night. Paid $849 plus shipping cane out to $899. I found them for $880 shipped but I really like my vendor. Anyways, so far so good. With 14kgF 12kgR spring rates they are very stiff yet I don't feel that they are that bad. I have them set in the middle on the dampening settings and it seems as though the compression and rebound rates make it more comfortable to drive even with the stiffer spring rates. They came with all necessary hardware, two adjustment extenders for the rears and two ride height adjustment wrenches. I dropped 1" all the way around. The rear ride height was actually perfect right out of the box and I don't even have to roll my fenders at my current height. The fronts were actually higher than stock when initially installed but after a little bit of adjusting, they settled in close to perfect. I will post some pictures up when I get a chance. My car is my daily driver and is used once to twice a month for autocross and about once every two to three months for time trials. As soon as I get some track time in with them I will give my amateur review of what I think of them. I've already found myself taking turns alot faster than I normally do but with so much of the body roll eliminated, I don't even notice that I'm going as fast as I am. All in all I am impressed with my sub $900 coilovers at this early point in time. Also, I believe but could be wrong, that they retail for $1450 but nobody really charges that much for them.
I was told by a vendor these were OEM type just stiffer springs??.. can you confirm if they can in True or OEM style?

also pics?
thanks
mestisoZ is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 AM
  #68  
mestisoZ
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
mestisoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA/SoVA
Posts: 280
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Got my D2's in. Ill write a better reivew when I get them on
=) my opinion best true coilover style for your buck. got these bad boys for $830 shipped. shopped around a bit and the cheapest true coilover style coils I could find were atleast $1000
Name:  IMG_0449.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  79.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0450.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0452.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  53.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0451.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  53.8 KB
mestisoZ is offline  
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM
  #69  
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (60)
 
JasonZ-YA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Antonio/I miss DFW, TX
Posts: 11,207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Default

^ what size is that allen key for adjustment?

-J
JasonZ-YA is offline  
Old 08-07-2011, 05:04 PM
  #70  
mestisoZ
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
mestisoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA/SoVA
Posts: 280
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA View Post
^ what size is that allen key for adjustment?

-J
Not sure.. Ill take a look under the hood later. Heres some install pics..

Only thing that kind of sucks is the Brake line mount they give you.. I kinda had to ghetto rig it.

Front.
Name:  IMG_0458.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  64.5 KB

Rear.
Name:  IMG_0463.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  77.7 KB
mestisoZ is offline  
Old 09-23-2011, 11:42 AM
  #71  
GuardDrgn86
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 282
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bimmertech View Post
1. BRAND - HKS Hipermax 3 sports
2. TYPE - oem style
3. PRICE - $1700
4. rear inverted mono, rear shock adjuster can be accessed through the wheel if you have an open wheel style. front helper springs. optional rubber mounts instead of pillow mounts.

the rear springs/adjusters are some where in the garage, i'll try and snap pics this weekend. front springs are not the hks springs but are the same length.


Not sure if you still have this setup, but do you know the specs on the swift springs you have in the rear in the pic above? I have the spl mid-link as well and am looking into the hks coilovers.
GuardDrgn86 is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 03:22 PM
  #72  
bimmertech
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: kansas city
Posts: 607
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GuardDrgn86 View Post
Not sure if you still have this setup, but do you know the specs on the swift springs you have in the rear in the pic above? I have the spl mid-link as well and am looking into the hks coilovers.
i do still have this setup, but the rates in the rear have changed since that pic.

the rates in that pic are 12k, they are 6" in free length and are the 2.5" diamater springs iirc.
bimmertech is offline  
Old 10-01-2011, 11:57 PM
  #73  
ppat1989
Professional
iTrader: (5)
 
ppat1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mestisoZ View Post
I was told by a vendor these were OEM type just stiffer springs??.. can you confirm if they can in True or OEM style?

also pics?
thanks
Sorry for the late reply. I don't check this thread often. The street series are oem style and the track series are true coilover design. Street series uses 12kg front springs and 10kg rear springs and the track series uses 14kg fronts and 12kg rears. I don't have any pics to put up since I can't do that on my phone and I don't bother having Internet at the house anymore lol. Feel free to pm me your number and I can take some pics for you and text or email them to you if you'd like.
ppat1989 is offline  
Old 10-02-2011, 12:00 AM
  #74  
ppat1989
Professional
iTrader: (5)
 
ppat1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ppat1989 View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I don't check this thread often. The street series are oem style and the track series are true coilover design. Street series uses 12kg front springs and 10kg rear springs and the track series uses 14kg fronts and 12kg rears. I don't have any pics to put up since I can't do that on my phone and I don't bother having Internet at the house anymore lol. Feel free to pm me your number and I can take some pics for you and text or email them to you if you'd like.
Wow, my bad. I skipped right over where you posted your d2's lol. You got those cheaper than me lol. I paid $950 shipped
ppat1989 is offline  
Old 10-14-2011, 04:16 PM
  #75  
nismo4life11
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
nismo4life11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eastern CT
Posts: 161
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ISC Coilovers

1. Brand - ISC N1 Coil-over System
2. Type - OEM Style
3. Price - $950 intro price with free shipping through AJW Performance $1199 from ISC North America
4. They are a mono tube design, have 32 way dampening, and are available with two different spring rate and valving options. Street/Sport with 12k front springs and 9.9K rear springs and Racing/Drift with 14k front springs and 9.9k rear springs.
5.They do NOT come with the rear spindle mounting nut.
6.They do NOT have the mounting locations for abs/brake lines on front coils
7.They do NOT come with extenders for the dampening adjustment but do use a 3mm allen key adjuster.

Picture of them on my 350ZR and them straight out of the box.
Attached Thumbnails ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-350z-coilovers.jpg   ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-ghjdghjdgh.jpg  

Last edited by nismo4life11; 10-25-2011 at 08:12 AM.
nismo4life11 is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 08:31 PM
  #76  
ShaNer14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Got my D2's in. Ill write a better reivew when I get them on
=) my opinion best true coilover style for your buck. got these bad boys for $830 shipped. shopped around a bit and the cheapest true coilover style coils I could find were atleast $1000




__________________
nismo/Fast Intentions RTP's/work VS MD's/Yokohama/apexi exv coilovers/Ings/Jwt


Where'd you buy these from?
ShaNer14 is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 12:09 PM
  #77  
xman2yman
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 493
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone have Fortunes?
xman2yman is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 01:14 PM
  #78  
Jackson0927
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 608
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by xman2yman View Post
Anyone have Fortunes?
i do (500's) just got them installed last week...... can post info and pics on them later

they can go way lower than this. but i live in kansas
Name:  669ff1f9.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  197.3 KB
Jackson0927 is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
  #79  
xman2yman
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 493
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

That looks good, yes please give a write up about these because they seem to be what I am leaning toward. Also these are true coilovers and not Oem so do you need any extra parts or does it come with everything you needs to install and run them properly?
xman2yman is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 PM
  #80  
Slidewayznizmo
Registered User
 
Slidewayznizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Snoqualmie wa.
Posts: 56
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default top secret coils

Made in Japan not available in US anymore.
Attached Thumbnails ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-img_20111124_135817.jpg  
Slidewayznizmo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: