Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Eibach Sportline springs camber?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 04:51 PM
CS350Z86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Sportline springs camber?

I just ordered the Eibach sportline springs which lowers the car 1.2" all around. I also ordered the ichiba rear camber kit because i read around that it's a must to do the rears. I talked to wheeldude.com & eibach and said you should be fine to get the alignment into factory spec for the front without the front control arms.

Is there anyone with these springs that are okay without the front camber kit and within factory spec?

They said to wait 2 weeks for the springs to settle before doing an alignment. Can i get the springs installed & rear camber kit wait 2 weeks then do a alignment then put new wheels on. Different wheels don't have no effect on the alignment correct? I just want to get it all done before the new wheels because there on preorder.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
CORNELL

you will need to get the alignment after installing the arms, most places offer programs starting from 6 months to lifetime so you can go back and get it redone. 3 year alignments at my shop cost $149. you will need rear toe bolts to get toe in spec, it kills tire life more than camber does. toe out is commonly mistaken for camber wear.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:37 PM
calin
Banned

I had my Eibach Sportline springs for about 25-30k miles with only a rear camber kit and never had a problem with camber wear on the front tires. And like you said, your rear tires will have some crazy camber after the spring install so that rear camber kit will really come in handy.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 PM
zerostyle

i have eibach pros, 1inch all around...and i got it aligned at firestone...the everything was within oem ______ (cant think of word) except the front camber which was off by like 0.2 or 0.3 or something like that...so if anything you would near camber arms for the front?
Old 05-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CS350Z86
I just ordered the Eibach sportline springs which lowers the car 1.2" all around. I also ordered the ichiba rear camber kit because i read around that it's a must to do the rears. I talked to wheeldude.com & eibach and said you should be fine to get the alignment into factory spec for the front without the front control arms.

Is there anyone with these springs that are okay without the front camber kit and within factory spec?

They said to wait 2 weeks for the springs to settle before doing an alignment. Can i get the springs installed & rear camber kit wait 2 weeks then do a alignment then put new wheels on. Different wheels don't have no effect on the alignment correct? I just want to get it all done before the new wheels because there on preorder.

Thanks!
1. The Sportline lowers the Z more than 1.2 inches - closer to 1.5
2. there is no adjustment for front camber on a 350Z from the factory. The only way to do it is via aftermarket a arms
3. different wheels can have an affect on the alignment, depends on their exact spec, tire spec/condition, etc
Old 05-03-2010, 04:37 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
1. The Sportline lowers the Z more than 1.2 inches - closer to 1.5
2. there is no adjustment for front camber on a 350Z from the factory. The only way to do it is via aftermarket a arms
3. different wheels can have an affect on the alignment, depends on their exact spec, tire spec/condition, etc
Correct!!!

My best guess would be that your front camber without buying after market front upper control arms, to adjust camber will fall at about -1.7 or -1.8...where that ends up being about .5 out of range - but on a daily driven car really isn't that bad on the "FRONT"..........Front being non driving tires - so many dont spend the cash to buy front upper control arms/A-arms....

The rear you will need what others mentioned the spc toe bolt at a minimum and the rear camber arm and you will get into spec for rear...

Please ask any and other questions here after reading on this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ion-101-a.html
As that thread would have answered all your questions..

/thread.
-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 05-03-2010 at 04:40 AM.