Old 04-21-2011, 08:16 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Are you getting paid to troll here?
Probably, his first couple posts has info about PFC brakes too.

Brembo, Alcon , PFC, Stoptech and wilwood are all great brakes. Most of us do not need Grand Am level brakes, and even the SCCA/NASA race guys are not running Grand AM level hardware.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Alexl08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Probably, his first couple posts has info about PFC brakes too.

Brembo, Alcon , PFC, Stoptech and wilwood are all great brakes. Most of us do not need Grand Am level brakes, and even the SCCA/NASA race guys are not running Grand AM level hardware.

Idk why you would think Im being paid for posting on 01 pad in my post I was going to run the pads on my stock brembo's but they needed some quantity before making them. I couldn't deliver the demand so I switched compounds on the front and bought their rotors for the meanwhile while my kit is being made. https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...-pfc-01-a.html

So your telling me the SCCA/NASA guys dont use grandam level equipment have you ever looked at a GT2 or GT1 car. Really this isnt a arguement over who has the biggest **** here. I dont get why when you revel the facts people get upset and 9 times out of 10 they dont even have a bbk
Old 04-21-2011, 10:24 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by Alexl08
So your telling me the SCCA/NASA guys dont use grandam level equipment have you ever looked at a GT2 or GT1 car. Really this isnt a arguement over who has the biggest **** here. I dont get why when you revel the facts people get upset and 9 times out of 10 they dont even have a bbk
Have you looked at what people are racing their Z's in. Not in GT2 or GT1, 99.9% of the poeple on here are complete and total grassroots racers that are middle to upper middle class.

All the brakes being mentioned are great brakes for the role they are needed in, its not like we have been talking ar Megan or Ksport crap.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Alexl08

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Have you looked at what people are racing their Z's in. Not in GT2 or GT1,

Last edited by Alexl08; 04-21-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Todd TCE
Sponsor
TCE Performance Products

All great cars and all great kits Alex. Nobody denies you may be (at least partially) correct on your comments. But with respect to all the owners of this fine car you're attempting to cater to the 1%ers by way of trying to sell all the other brands short. That simply doesn't wash. Not with the sellers, (Wilwood, Brembo, Stoptech, Stillen, whatever) that all the chest thumping justifies 2, 2.5 or 3x the expense for the daily driver enthusiast.

Clearly I only speak for one of them. Still, I've seen the parts, seen the production and know the facts; you're a bit out bounds. Yet I'd never deny anyone from purchasing what they wish. On the other hand I don't need to beat down a brand to make a sale either.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Very cool , but arn't those basically a tube chassis with a Z body. Nothing like what any of us drive. Nothing on those cars is actually 350Z other than the shape of the body.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:47 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Those are awesome cars, indeed, but as terrasmak said have very little to no relation whatsoever to what guys on this site are tracking. Its got a Z shell.... doesnt make it a Z.

Still not sure how this conversation made its way here. OP is not racing in GT1/2 nor is building a racecar...he asked the quality of Wilwood brakes and i most def agree with the consensus here that they are very well made, well engineered, have a great history and are at a great price point.

OP, I have a buddy with a fully built SC Z, purely function built for the track and that's all he does with his Z, and often. He has nothing but praise for these brakes (6-4 SL kit i believe) and no problems as of yet except he had to change out to smaller diameter SS lines to rid soft pedal.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 04-21-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Alexl08

Originally Posted by Todd TCE
All great cars and all great kits Alex. Nobody denies you may be (at least partially) correct on your comments. But with respect to all the owners of this fine car you're attempting to cater to the 1%ers by way of trying to sell all the other brands short. That simply doesn't wash. Not with the sellers, (Wilwood, Brembo, Stoptech, Stillen, whatever) that all the chest thumping justifies 2, 2.5 or 3x the expense for the daily driver enthusiast.

Clearly I only speak for one of them. Still, I've seen the parts, seen the production and know the facts; you're a bit out bounds. Yet I'd never deny anyone from purchasing what they wish. On the other hand I don't need to beat down a brand to make a sale either.

But Clearly you are a Wilwood rep.... that being said you rep what you sell because this is profit in your pocket. If you were a brembo rep you would push it. I just go with the product that best suits my application. I did some research and pfc zero drag brake has been the winner yes its a chunk of change but well worth it. I drove their M3 out at their plant and the release was just amazing. Each brake kit is custom made specifically for your cars setup, not just a blanket caliper with a bracket change. Also while I was there I picked up race pads and some 2 piece rotors for this season because I run the Z in "stock" class, where no engine mod or suspension mods are allowed. Look for my install post I will post tonight
Old 04-22-2011, 03:39 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my $500 set of Brembos. Being that you have a roadster I doubt your doing much tracking the car... Is it just for looks? My brembos with stock rotors and Hawk pads have done great for AutoX, but are pretty worn out after 2 years. They were also used when I got them so.... Time for new Pads and rotors.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Alexl08

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
I love my $500 set of Brembos. Being that you have a roadster I doubt your doing much tracking the car... Is it just for looks? My brembos with stock rotors and Hawk pads have done great for AutoX, but are pretty worn out after 2 years. They were also used when I got them so.... Time for new Pads and rotors.
My car is a track coupe not roadster
Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Todd TCE
Sponsor
TCE Performance Products

But Clearly you are a Wilwood rep.... that being said you rep what you sell because this is profit in your pocket.

I just go with the product that best suits my application.

I did some research and pfc zero drag brake has been the winner yes its a chunk of change but well worth it.
Yes I am, and to an extent yes I do. But my motives are only to sell a product to a consumer who is looking for it. I don't make that living by attempting to beat down the other brands for whatever reason is all. As I said before; they're all great parts. It's not my job push it upon you, only to help you get what you want.

I certainly agree with the second statement. In your case what you have what best meets your needs. Not everyone's needs are your needs.

I've heard the new buzz word "zero drag" now from two companies. Makes for great marketing speak but still doesn't mean the net results are necessary for every purchaser. A few years ago "monbloc" was all the rage. Before that; "full floating" and before that probably some others. What's old often becomes new again and with a fresh spin appears to be a marketing angle. I'm sure "specially cut o-ring groves and proprietary materials provide a proven enhancement for the most demanding racer..." no doubt there is some science to back it up. But I'm not feeling behind the curve with good old conventional performance for Joe Average either.

It's all good, there's something for everyone.

Last edited by Todd TCE; 04-22-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:04 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

But Clearly you are a Wilwood rep.... that being said you rep what you sell because this is profit in your pocket. If you were a brembo rep you would push it. I just go with the product that best suits my application. I did some research and pfc zero drag brake has been the winner yes its a chunk of change but well worth it. I drove their M3 out at their plant and the release was just amazing. Each brake kit is custom made specifically for your cars setup, not just a blanket caliper with a bracket change. Also while I was there I picked up race pads and some 2 piece rotors for this season because I run the Z in "stock" class, where no engine mod or suspension mods are allowed. Look for my install post I will post tonight
I find this ironic.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Alexl08

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I find this ironic.

Last edited by Alexl08; 04-22-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

OP get what you can afford to purchase and maintain... the PFB fan girl here didn't mention that the Upgrade kit costs about $3500.00 for a kit. How often to plan on running the car? Since Alex08 is my350z.com's Ayrton Senna he can justify such a kit.. I mean full blown race cars run them. For us normal driver's the Willwood kit will work just fine and the Stoptech kit is great too. The Willwoods will run you about $2,400 and the StopTech's in the $2600-2900.00 range. They both offer a lot of pad options, low cost to operate them, and a good solid price to purchase them.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Alexl08

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
OP get what you can afford to purchase and maintain... the PFB fan girl here didn't mention that the Upgrade kit costs about $3500.00 for a kit. How often to plan on running the car? Since Alex08 is my350z.com's Ayrton Senna he can justify such a kit.. I mean full blown race cars run them. For us normal driver's the Willwood kit will work just fine and the Stoptech kit is great too. The Willwoods will run you about $2,400 and the StopTech's in the $2600-2900.00 range. They both offer a lot of pad options, low cost to operate them, and a good solid price to purchase them.
I dont know why your such a hater over my statement on brakes. The car will be ran almost every other weekend. In this case you get what you pay for. People on here have way more money invested in their car on here than I do.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I dont know why your such a hater over my statement on brakes. The car will be ran almost every other weekend. In this case you get what you pay for. People on here have way more money invested in their car on here than I do.
It's the premise... he asked about 2 similarly priced, performing, maintainable set ups. Then you insinuate they're garbage compared to PFB set up... I'm not the hater here. That's like someone asking for opinions about a Mustang Gt or a Camaro SS... then you jump in saying "get a Z06".
Old 04-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is a track coupe not roadster
Pretty sure he is taking to the OP since he drives a roadster, not sure what relevance the car you drive has to this thread.

OP I have wilwoods and they are great for the price, no issues with them.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 04-24-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Kraize05_Z

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

OP I have the Wilwood W6A kit on my Z and works great. I do track events on them and never have had a problem with them.