Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brake Caliper Color On My LeMans Sunset?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:39 PM
I DTW I

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brake Caliper Color On My LeMans Sunset?

Anyone have pictures of a LeMans Sunset Z with colored calipers? It's impossible to decide without pictures and I've searched Google and other threads relentlessly, and to no avail.

Colored calipers are something I've always wanted even before I'd got the car. My girlfriend's brother just gave me some 350Z stock rear calipers he wasn't using and some slotted/drilled rotors. Since I'm going to have to take the brakes apart anyways to put the new rotors on, I might as well paint the calipers at the same time. But I have a LeMans sunset car, and I really am stumped as to what color I should use!

I would normally do red, but I have a fear that it would clash, but I won't know until I see a picture. What color does everybody think? My brother even suggested blue....
Old 08-31-2011, 01:29 PM
White0ngold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest that u just buy the stock brembos for it, (the goldish ones) I'm sure a lot of people here might give u a hard time for painting stock calipers, but everyone has there own taste, so if I were to choose a color. I say black.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:33 PM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black

...since they are stock
Old 08-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not a fan of painted stock calipers on any color Z, just keep them stock please!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:43 PM
mike_eee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

black

Nothing wrong in painting the calipers..just don't write stoptech ,wilwood or brembos on them..use high temp brake caliper paint.

Mike
Old 08-31-2011, 02:17 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by I DTW I
I would normally do red, but I have a fear that it would clash, but I won't know until I see a picture. What color does everybody think? My brother even suggested blue....
Would you wear gold pants and red socks?
Old 08-31-2011, 02:26 PM
konaforever

If your car was black, I could see you doing almost any color, but with orange, I'd paint the calipers black.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Waste of time and money on a non-brembo caliper.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:13 PM
van46

i have brembos but im doubting to repaintd them to.i like black with the brembosticker in orange +19s volks/varrstoen te 37
Old 08-31-2011, 03:27 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Black
Old 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM
ZJoe

Silver
Old 08-31-2011, 03:39 PM
hellman_x

Old 08-31-2011, 03:53 PM
JCITY
Banned

Thumbs down

Anyone have pictures of a LeMans Sunset Z with colored calipers? It's impossible to decide without pictures and I've searched Google and other threads relentlessly, and to no avail.

Colored calipers are something I've always wanted even before I'd got the car. My girlfriend's brother just gave me some 350Z stock rear calipers he wasn't using and some slotted/drilled rotors. Since I'm going to have to take the brakes apart anyways to put the new rotors on, I might as well paint the calipers at the same time. But I have a LeMans sunset car, and I really am stumped as to what color I should use!

Red clashes...I'm not a fan of painted calipers...if they are real Brembos,keep
e'm the brembo color.Your brother is nuts--blue??Black,stock(buff out the
caliper--give it some shine)or,paint your body color.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
I DTW I

Wow tons of responses all of a sudden! Thanks goes out to everyone who read and replied. I agree, I would LOVE to go the Brembo route, but don't have near the $800+ it would be to even get a used set. Just graduated from college and am expecting well over $1,000/month student loan payments....so I probably shouldn't even be doing anything to the car, but it's just such an affordable "mod" that I can't help it since I am already going to be taking the brakes apart. And Hellman x that is such a great pic, exactly what I've been looking for for red on orange. And the silver and black idea...that's what I was thinking originally except after reading all the other threads I've found on this site and 350Zmotoring.com, people continually say that they're not even noticeable (especially on the silver). I'm now leaning the blue route, but I'll still have some time to think about it til I can take the car apart. Anybody have a picture with blue calipers?
Old 08-31-2011, 04:18 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, your stock calipers look like my butthole after an all night bender and taco bell. There is no need to bring attention to them with loud paint colors. I'd simply tell you to stay put or upgrade but if you really have to do it go with silver or black, keep it classy.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:30 PM
LFTFTBRKR

I'm a fan of doing what YOU want (and can afford to do) to YOUR car. One way you could decide on a color would be to paint a peice of paper, cardbord or whatever and tape over your caliper. Stand back and see what it looks like.
Keep trying differnt colors until you find one you like. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:47 PM
EmpireDude
Vendor - Former Vendor

I'd paint them black or silver (or upgrade brembo or at least to the updated front brakes!)
Old 09-02-2011, 06:57 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

paint them Volk Mag Blue
Old 09-04-2011, 07:54 AM
dreamspeed

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow tons of responses all of a sudden! Thanks goes out to everyone who read and replied. I agree, I would LOVE to go the Brembo route, but don't have near the $800+ it would be to even get a used set. Just graduated from college and am expecting well over $1,000/month student loan payments....so I probably shouldn't even be doing anything to the car, but it's just such an affordable "mod" that I can't help it since I am already going to be taking the brakes apart. And Hellman x that is such a great pic, exactly what I've been looking for for red on orange. And the silver and black idea...that's what I was thinking originally except after reading all the other threads I've found on this site and 350Zmotoring.com, people continually say that they're not even noticeable (especially on the silver). I'm now leaning the blue route, but I'll still have some time to think about it til I can take the car apart. Anybody have a picture with blue calipers?
definitely understandable, sometimes you don't have the cash (or want to spend the cash) and just want to work (mod) your car.

Doesn't the paint eventually flake off though? My 10 year old civic has the calipers painted blue (they were painted by the previous owner so no clue if he used the right paint or did it correctly). And the paint has been flaking off for a while now...looks horrible lol but been too lazy to do anything about it
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 AM
zeebrah

mag blue, Do it. I have sunset orange z too and am thinking about doing mag blue calipers

Quick Reply: Brake Caliper Color On My LeMans Sunset?