Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

SPC camber kit vs Kinetix camber kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Black_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPC camber kit vs Kinetix camber kits

I just recently purchased another z from a member in here and in the market for control arms. The z sits pretty low on k-sport coils. I did some research but can't decide between them. Money is not an issue. The car is my daily driver and will not see any track events. Your advice will be appreciated.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Stanyer89

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black_z33
I just recently purchased another z from a member in here and in the market for control arms. The z sits pretty low on k-sport coils. I did some research but can't decide between them. Money is not an issue. The car is my daily driver and will not see any track events. Your advice will be appreciated.
If money is not an issue, go for SPL.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Black_z33

I was looking at that those too but since I'm not going to run any aggressive camber or track my car I thought it be unnecessary money to waste. I could be wrong though.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:46 PM
2000atlanticgt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Kinetix arms work great in the front, not so much in the rear. I took the rear arms off due to handling problems that I found was related to the Kinetix rear bushings being softer than the OEM near solid bushings. They lasted about 5-6 months if I recall before this issue started, it was not immediate.

You can see my problem and photos here: https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...uspension.html
Old 08-17-2013, 08:27 PM
NFSP 350

I had ordered the Kinetix package for my Z when I first built my suspension, never drove on the kit. My cousin & I installed them & found there was to much play in the rear arms. I sent it back & ordered Battle Version rear arms & Evo350 front A-arms. They have been great. Of the 2 options I would go SPC
Old 08-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Black_z33

thanks all for the input. I will be getting the spc's then.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:59 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I debated between Kinetics and SPC when I bought my arms. I ended up going with the newer version of SPC's and they've been fine.

If money is not an issue, i'd go SPL. It's probably a bit of overkill for your average street car, but everyone's been quite happy with them.
        Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 AM
        Black_z33

Originally Posted by bender
        I debated between Kinetics and SPC when I bought my arms. I ended up going with the newer version of SPC's and they've been fine.

If money is not an issue, i'd go SPL. It's probably a bit of overkill for your average street car, but everyone's been quite happy with them.
              When you talk about the spc's knocking on slammed cars. Where does the knocking occur?

you think it will knock on this height?

Name:  IMG_2947.jpg
Views: 1885
Size:  113.7 KB
              Old 08-18-2013, 10:19 AM
              bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_z33
              When you talk about the spc's knocking on slammed cars. Where does the knocking occur?

you think it will knock on this height?
              The knocking came from clearance issues on slammed cars in the inner fender well. I don't think it's really an issue anymore. SPC has changed the design of their front arms within the last couple years.
              Old 08-18-2013, 10:34 AM
              travlee
              Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

The kinetix are easier to adjust on the fly...the spc are kinda pain
              Old 08-18-2013, 10:51 AM
              Black_z33

Originally Posted by bender
              The knocking came from clearance issues on slammed cars in the inner fender well. I don't think it's really an issue anymore. SPC has changed the design of their front arms within the last couple years.
              Awesome, so I'll be going with spc then.

Originally Posted by travlee9374
              The kinetix are easier to adjust on the fly...the spc are kinda pain
              ehhh true... but I don't think I would be adjusting my camber much once my car is aligned. I don't want to worry about lubing the bushing or squeaky noises from my arms: from what people say here about the kinetix arms.
              Old 08-18-2013, 10:53 AM
              Black_z33

thank you all very much for the input. Greatly appreciate it.
              Old 08-18-2013, 01:35 PM
              JasonZ-YA
              350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

hands down man, i think to make an accurate decision you need to read the suspension 101 thread at least twice, with going back and forth to the car on jack stands so you can get a flash light to the components and really really understand what the the suspension 101 thread is referring too....print the first three pages of the 101 thread and read as you look under the car.........really understand the Z's dynamic suspension..

Front:
              UCA LOCATION (#7 upper link):

Front upper control arms - Kinetics - hands down over the spc.

Read about the kinetics and how they adjust and work:
              Kinetics - https://my350z.com/forum/8293437-post7.html

SPC:

The fact that the spc uses a single bolt to adjust both camber and caster is functionally ridiculous! physically you cant hold its eccentric design from moving and tighten to the required HIGH torque value required with out moving......its difficult and dumb...

the designs is more theatrical rather than practical......by design it does both camber and caster yes - but practicality of the spc is just not there...

---further - the dammn spacer between the knuckle and abs sensor relocating is just ridiculous....
              https://my350z.com/forum/7242868-post1.html

Rear arms:

So you mention that you have Ksports - which are True style coilovers -

So:....
              -hands down, remove the - #21 rear lower link -ie, the spring bucket and toss it! make a dammn flower pot out of it...i dunno...

- get a sets of lock out washers and pair them with - purchase a -#22 front lower link - rear camber arms. camber in the rear is done and done...

- and purchase another set of lock out washers and pair it with a rear toe arm set (spring bucket replacement arms -#21 rear lower link) ,do not confuse this with the -#23 radius rod - traction arm - as many online vendors "say" this adjust toe , but is NOT the correct toe adjustment location for how the rear IRS - independent rear suspension - works!

for a daily driver - leave #23 alone, no need to switch from oem unless the bushing is bad, so just inspect it...

For both above mentioned rear arms - get rear arms that are rod end style - but stay away from cheap casted rod ends.....

ref.: https://my350z.com/forum/8293406-post4.html

Read the suspension 101 thread....

-J
              Old 08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
              AARONHL

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have SPC front camber arms, the bushings are shot after about 2-3 years so going to buy Kinetix upper arms soon- they have a different design that doesn't twist the bushings.
              Old 08-18-2013, 07:00 PM
              JasonZ-YA
              350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AARONHL
              I have SPC front camber arms, the bushings are shot after about 2-3 years so going to buy Kinetix upper arms soon- they have a different design that doesn't twist the bushings.
              Yes!! forgot to mention that....

SPC:

uses a aluminum enfused bushing, so the lug of the mating part is pinching the side of the bushing and this segment is a large diameter that the rubber bushing that is enfused to the metal ring of the tubing is thin amount of rubber, so the twisting tears the rubber.

Kinetics:
              Their bushings are not enfused/adheard to any metal of the kinetics arm, they are slipped in around a metal sleeve that holds the bolt, so the sleave is whats pinched between the lug of the car and the bushing is free to slide around the now fixed sleeve.

SPC is a shiet design..done and done...

decide for yourself...
              -J
              Old 08-19-2013, 01:58 PM
              AARONHL

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
              Yes!! forgot to mention that....

SPC:

uses a aluminum enfused bushing, so the lug of the mating part is pinching the side of the bushing and this segment is a large diameter that the rubber bushing that is enfused to the metal ring of the tubing is thin amount of rubber, so the twisting tears the rubber.

Kinetics:
              Their bushings are not enfused/adheard to any metal of the kinetics arm, they are slipped in around a metal sleeve that holds the bolt, so the sleave is whats pinched between the lug of the car and the bushing is free to slide around the now fixed sleeve.

SPC is a shiet design..done and done...

decide for yourself...
              -J
              Yea, wish I saw the Kinetics a few years ago. I think all my clunking issues are related to the SPC bushings. The thing is- if your car is low you cannot access the camber nut so you need to pull the arm way down twisting the bushings, even though you tightened the bolts when the arm was pushed into the engine bay
              Old 08-19-2013, 03:36 PM
              Stanyer89

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
              hands down man, i think to make an accurate decision you need to read the suspension 101 thread at least twice, with going back and forth to the car on jack stands so you can get a flash light to the components and really really understand what the the suspension 101 thread is referring too....print the first three pages of the 101 thread and read as you look under the car.........really understand the Z's dynamic suspension..

Front:
              UCA LOCATION (#7 upper link):
              https://my350z.com/forum/attachments/brakes-and-suspension/283470d1271167121-suspension-101-front-suspension.jpg[/IMG]

Front upper control arms - Kinetics - hands down over the spc.

Read about the kinetics and how they adjust and work:
              Kinetics - https://my350z.com/forum/8293437-post7.html

SPC:
              https://my350z.com/forum/attachments/brakes-and-suspension/283544d1271185973-suspension-101-spcucas.jpg[/IMG]

The fact that the spc uses a single bolt to adjust both camber and caster is functionally ridiculous! physically you cant hold its eccentric design from moving and tighten to the required HIGH torque value required with out moving......its difficult and dumb...

the designs is more theatrical rather than practical......by design it does both camber and caster yes - but practicality of the spc is just not there...

---further - the dammn spacer between the knuckle and abs sensor relocating is just ridiculous....
              https://my350z.com/forum/7242868-post1.html

Rear arms:
              https://my350z.com/forum/attachments/brakes-and-suspension/283471d1271167121-suspension-101-rear-suspension.jpg[/IMG]

So you mention that you have Ksports - which are True style coilovers -

So:....
              -hands down, remove the - #21 rear lower link -ie, the spring bucket and toss it! make a dammn flower pot out of it...i dunno...

- get a sets of lock out washers and pair them with - purchase a -#22 front lower link - rear camber arms. camber in the rear is done and done...

- and purchase another set of lock out washers and pair it with a rear toe arm set (spring bucket replacement arms -#21 rear lower link) ,do not confuse this with the -#23 radius rod - traction arm - as many online vendors "say" this adjust toe , but is NOT the correct toe adjustment location for how the rear IRS - independent rear suspension - works!

for a daily driver - leave #23 alone, no need to switch from oem unless the bushing is bad, so just inspect it...

For both above mentioned rear arms - get rear arms that are rod end style - but stay away from cheap casted rod ends.....

ref.: https://my350z.com/forum/8293406-post4.html

Read the suspension 101 thread....

-J
              /thread