Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Hotchkis TVS 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 01:26 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotchkis TVS 1

Couldn't search but anyone installed this yet. Looking to get either this or B&G springs and the Hotchkis sways
Old 04-07-2004, 04:08 PM
MIAPLAYA

Not a single person has installed this.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Give'm some time, lot's of people have the Hotchkis sways, but not many have the B&G springs. Honestly, the title of your thread is the problem, IMO.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:20 AM
FritzMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the Hotchkis springs on and now I'm waiting for the sways to be delivered any day now. Very pleased with the ride.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:08 PM
zman23

Default Hotchkis TVS 1

I have got mine and am getting it installed this Sunday! Will let u know how it feels and what setting I use for the sways. Man, I can't wait!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hotchkis TVS 1

Originally posted by zman23
I have got mine and am getting it installed this Sunday! Will let u know how it feels and what setting I use for the sways. Man, I can't wait!
Haha me too.....waiting for my powder coating to be done...
Old 07-24-2004, 04:36 PM
JimRHIT

I will have my springs on tomororw morning. Got the whole kit shipped from titanmotorsports for $400 (the springs are $150 shipped from them btw). I have the sways on now, Chad (silver g35 w/ 20" iforged ... remember him) and I are installing the springs at 9am tomorrow. I will post a full writeup this coming week after I get some time to run down telegraph canyon ... just gotta look out for the bikes out there tomorrow. Maybe Ill let ya give it a whirl next time you come down this way

Jim
Old 07-26-2004, 05:04 AM
MIAPLAYA

Thanks but I got mine all set finally. B&Gs and Hotchkis sways...You are going to be VERY happy....
Old 07-27-2004, 12:27 PM
overboostedtoy

Originally posted by JimRHIT
I will have my springs on tomororw morning. Got the whole kit shipped from titanmotorsports for $400 (the springs are $150 shipped from them btw). I have the sways on now, Chad (silver g35 w/ 20" iforged ... remember him) and I are installing the springs at 9am tomorrow. I will post a full writeup this coming week after I get some time to run down telegraph canyon ... just gotta look out for the bikes out there tomorrow. Maybe Ill let ya give it a whirl next time you come down this way

Jim
hotchiki spring and sway? how's the whole kit?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:27 PM
overboostedtoy

Originally posted by JimRHIT

Jim
hotchiki spring and sway? how's the kit?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:39 PM
JimRHIT

I absolutely love it. My honest opinion is that the car rides the exact same (quality) as stock, with a slightly quicker turn in, better steering feel, and absolutlely no body roll. When I had Eibachs, it felt softer sometimes, harsher at times, just uncomforatble than what I was used to for the first 6 months of driving the Z. The bump steer was atrocious (sp?). I would have to always correct the wheel and hold on pretty good going down a rough road. There a NO BUMP STEER at all with the Hotchkis kit.

basically,
I loved the way the car rode after I put on the sways, felt like I was carving through corners now, not steering and plowing. However, with my wheels, I thought there was too much wheel gap (personal cosmetic preference). The only thing I really think that the springs did was lower the car the 0.4 - 0.5" I was looking for. I had a two finger gap, now I have one.

I have yet to get aligned, but I am very confident that it will be perfectly fine when I go to have it done next week.

This complete package at $400 shipped and taxed has been by far the best $$$ that I have spent on the car yet. No regrets in the way the car rides, handles, looks, sits...anything. I just love it.

Jim
Old 07-28-2004, 02:43 PM
jreiter

This is the thread I've been looking for! I'm very interested in the Hotchkis springs and sways (the TVS kit), so it's good to hear some folks talk about them. I'm a big fan of matched kits like this that are designed to work together.

I do have a question about shocks, though. What do you all think about using the recent Koni shocks along with the Hotchkis springs and sways? Do you think the Konis would be superior to the stock shocks for handling in this particular setup?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:38 AM
overboostedtoy

Matching kit is the way to go!!! Does the TVS drops lower than Eibach spring. Do you have problem with alignment after the drop, can the toe be aligned within the factory spec?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:52 AM
gmitro

Have the springs and sways installed. Aligned with no difficulty at my local Nissan dealer. The ride is definitely improved. Prior posts have revealed even more improvement with the addition of the Koni shocks.

Best kit for the money, all high quality parts.

Greg
Old 07-29-2004, 08:56 AM
havabooz

lowers less than half of what the eibach does..should have no prob with alignment
Old 07-30-2004, 12:45 PM
jreiter

Default swaybar settings with TVS kit

You guys who are running the Hotchkis TVS kit, where do you set your swaybars? I just ordered my TVS kit along with the Koni shocks, so I'd like to research where to set it before I install it.

Based purely on the stiffness ratings on their website, it looks like medium in the front and soft in the back might be a good place to start.

Also, if you all have Koni shocks, where do you set the rebound damping? Full soft seems to be a good bet based on what I'm seeing. Since the Hotchkis springs really aren't that much stiffer than stock, that seems reasonable.

Suggestions?
Old 07-30-2004, 03:15 PM
gmitro

I have been running full stiff in both front and back. I wanted to get a real feel for what it would do for the car. I have pushed the car pretty hard (but I have not tracked it) on the streets and have not yet encountered understeer. I am a little wary of snap oversteer, but haven't seen that either.

I really need a nice big empty parking lot to do some harder runs. I was originally going to start with full stiff front and medium back. Let us know what you decide so we can get a feel before we decide to re-set.

Greg
Old 07-30-2004, 06:14 PM
deviant1

Will these springs work on a G35 Coupe? Will the drop be any different than on the Z?

-Anthony
Old 07-30-2004, 06:29 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys I was just on the Hotchkis website. They are running a special on the TVS system for our car. $390.56 directly from Hotchkis. Shipping is about $40. Just an FYI for everyone.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:23 AM
jreiter

ARG! I just ordered their TVS kit yesterday (July 30th) for their special "sale" price of $450. It said that price would only last through July 31st, so I rushed and ordered them. And now, on July 31st, the price sure did change. It went down! Dang it!

I just emailed them about it. According to their order tracking, my order hasn't shipped yet and is still pending. If they won't lower the price on my order, perhaps I'll just cancel my order and re-order it at the lower price.

Oh well, $390 sure is a great price for a full set of springs and sways!

Quick Reply: Hotchkis TVS 1