Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

VPP and Extended Warrenty (Canceling)..need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 01:15 PM
WickedKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VPP and Extended Warrenty (Canceling)..need help!

I just took delivery of my 05z a few days back. I ordered the car about 3 months ago and went through the VPP program….Buying the actual car through the program was not a problem….the price was Fixed.

So when the finance guy talked to me about the extended warranty, he said since I was going through VPP there was a set price of $1400.00. I asked him if I could get the warranty later he said no and that I had to make a decision right now. So I did and took the extended warranty.

Reading more posts about the warranty I find out:

1) I could have purchased the warranty anytime during the 3 years 36K time period
2) What I paid was not VPP and he LIED. (VPP price was $1,000 for 6 years 100K)

So my question is can I cancel the warranty, and get my money back, the entire $1400 that I paid? And then repurchase the warranty straight through the VPP?

I tired looking on Nissan’s webpage but I could not find any information and to any grace period to cancel the warrenty.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2005, 02:56 PM
alienx

I don't know that answer, but you certainly seem to have a case to go back and give them a lot of crap. Take someone with you for support and an objective attitude (I am too hot-headed to do these things alone!!).

If you want the warranty, try to get the $400 bucks back from them. They may be more willing that way. If you want the whole thing cancelled, take some evidence of the things you stated.

You worst-case is eating $400 bucks. But I wouldn't panic just yet. And if all goes against you, I would get $400 dollars worth of satisfaction out of them by going to the BBB, and any other consumer fraud type of agency you can find.

But stay calm for now. A purchase of this size comes with a tremendous amount of mental anxiety. Don't let that get to you. It's possible you may be able to easily square this up.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:03 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

If you don't cancel within 30 days (might be 45 days), its pro-rated. Each days you lose $. Best to cancel now. Contact your finance guy at the dealer, they will cancel.

BTW, the amount you get back does not go to you, it goes to your lien, if you have one.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:23 PM
DBZ

I think you can cancel the security plus contract directly through nissan. You just need to send them a notorized odometer statement from a dealer and a letter requesting the cancellation. Call their 800 number and inquire. I personally would not trust the finance manager to properly cancel your extended warranty. It could be months and then you find out, what my policy is still not cancelled? WTF? Good luck
Old 01-23-2005, 06:37 PM
ANXIOUZ

It's easy to cancel but it will be pro-rated so you won't get the full $1400 unless you ***** and moan and the dealer makes an exception for you.

If the Finance people at the dealer seem shady, just go to another dealer. The warranty is through Nissan not the specific dealer so any Nissan dealer can cancel it for you.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:21 PM
WickedKE

Angry

Thanks for the info guys. Also I found a link ( within another post) for the warrenty aggrement.

http://www.nissanusa.com/m/pdf/secur...overageMfr.pdf

It says I can cancel the warrenty within 60 days for the date of purchase for a full refund...if no claims have been filed.

That is what you get for trusting people (dealers) who look you in the eye and say they are giving you the warrenty for the VPP...

If i wanted to cancel over the phone what # would i dial? The regular 1-800-?
Old 01-24-2005, 02:44 AM
EnthusiastZ

The VPP discount does not apply to any dealer added options, accessories, SECURITY PLUS, etc.. The discount applies to the vehicle invoice price alone.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:25 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Also even if you paid cash or separately for the warranty they will send the money to the bank if you had it financed.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:33 AM
WickedKE

Originally posted by EnthusiastZ
The VPP discount does not apply to any dealer added options, accessories, SECURITY PLUS, etc.. The discount applies to the vehicle invoice price alone.

No It does (for the Security PLUS warrenty) I just got the paperwork from the VPP program regrading the warrenty pricing .... ( a week late though, i wished I would have gotten it last week).

So if anyone needs an info regarding the pricing just PM me and I will try to get you the info....however I am going to be traveling this week so my response might be a little slow.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:14 PM
WickedKE

Ok so i got my money back. Went with the Gold Prem. with $0 dectable for $1,216 for 6year 100K

Thanks for the help guys!