Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

is no one buying 350z's anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 08:09 PM
zectasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i completely agree with keeping a car stock...i personally wouldnt wanna buy a modded car...UNLESS it was under warranty still..then again when it comes to my car i really dont have alot of aftermarket on it...painted wheels...nismo shift ****...jwt popcharger which is basically just a air filter...grounding wires...tint on back 3 windows...i really do not wanna go through the hassle of selling painted stock wheels and try to find regular stock wheels then come to find out that not help the car sell either...hmmm i duno what im gonna do...at this point im kinda thinking about just taking a hit on the car and trading it in for a mazda 3 or something cheaper...i really wanna get into a nice piece of investment real estate and not mess with cars right now (even though cars is my hobby and love) i dont know how happy i will actually be without a tuner car...but i know i will happy in the long run when im making some money off real estate
Old 06-11-2005, 09:31 PM
SCDOO 2

I got $18,800 for trading mine in on a 05 35th Anniv. KBB said excellent was $19,975.

I had $22K damage last year and got $1,200 off sticker.

All balanced out for me.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:30 AM
synth19

try a trade with someone local, and maybe ask for maybe a n extra $100...

Originally Posted by zectasy
i completely agree with keeping a car stock...i personally wouldnt wanna buy a modded car...UNLESS it was under warranty still..then again when it comes to my car i really dont have alot of aftermarket on it...painted wheels...nismo shift ****...jwt popcharger which is basically just a air filter...grounding wires...tint on back 3 windows...i really do not wanna go through the hassle of selling painted stock wheels and try to find regular stock wheels then come to find out that not help the car sell either...hmmm i duno what im gonna do...at this point im kinda thinking about just taking a hit on the car and trading it in for a mazda 3 or something cheaper...i really wanna get into a nice piece of investment real estate and not mess with cars right now (even though cars is my hobby and love) i dont know how happy i will actually be without a tuner car...but i know i will happy in the long run when im making some money off real estate
Old 06-12-2005, 07:04 AM
boma

Originally Posted by zectasy

The funny thing is that if you trade it straight up for a new mazda 3, you won't even get 5k back! Unless it's used....
Old 06-12-2005, 07:44 AM
hypeiv

what trim? I paid 25k for my 04 with only 6k miles (7 months ago)... from a dealer... I wouldn't have paid more than 23k for my car if it was from a private party b/c the intrest rate on a private party buy loan is so much higher I would end up paying a lot more in intrest. I think you should take that into consideration when you set the price for your 03. Also 03 warranty is up in 6 months if you got this car early 03 and people do freak out about the tire feathering issue that has gotten a lot of attention.

I think if i were to try and trade my car in now I would only get $20k if that which wouldn't be enough to pay off my loan. I am hoping to keep it for 36-42 more months then and hopefully be able to trade it in for like 10-11k... I have a feeling that after 4 years these cars will really slow down in how much they depreciate especially if I can keep it in good shape.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:12 PM
scottiej82

Check the NADA website, that is what most banks use. I just got my 03 "appraised" at my bank here in NY and they said it was worth 25. It is strange that you actually lose value having a manual.