Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

If you cant beat 'em.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 03:55 PM
second skin rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you cant beat 'em.....

My dad bougght a little weekend crusiser for his home inthe desert..
got himself a 2005 Boxster. not the S, just a regular boxster, Automatic also. loaded with goodies. leather and everything else you can get.. My dad is 50 years old, so he doesnt have much intrestin going fast. just wants somthing to cruise around in when he is in Phoenix..
I however am left to drive this thing whenever I want to. and I, being 30 years old, would prefer if it wer the S series, with manual tranny. but it is not..
I dont race much, but I do like to drive aggresivly when safe.
So I am getting sick of getting beaten by Z's and honda/toyota ricers turbo and nos etc..

Which is why I am here
out of all the small sports cars out there, in my price range, I like the 350z.
I plan on searching for as much info as I can, but if anyone has any answers to my question splease feel free to jump in.

I plan on going with an '06 z, base convertable model. I dont mind dropping some jack on this thing to get it in the 350+ hp range but I am not sure what that will take.
I looked on the nissan site and tried to get info on the difference between all the models but only got little bits.
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the coupe and performance coupe is? does it handle that mcuh better? and, is it better to get the base model and upgrade the aftermarket mods, or get thing loaded from the factory?

Any help is appreciated
ANT
Old 09-12-2005, 04:30 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default “ My dad is 50 years old, so he doesnt have much intrestin going fast”

I was born in 1949. Generally us old folks just like a casual cruise around town in a pair of Depends.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:43 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I dont mind dropping some jack on this thing to get it in the 350+ hp range but I am not sure what that will take.

First step is to get the car. Its fruitless to help modify a car which you dont have.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the coupe and performance coupe is? does it handle that mcuh better?

No. Handling of a Zs is essentially the same.

is it better to get the base model and upgrade the aftermarket mods, or get thing loaded from the factory?

There are aftermarket upgrades for the base such as HID headlights and limited slip differential(LSD). You might consider the price and labor not worthwhile.

Happy shopping.

Last edited by davidv; 09-12-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:46 PM
nicolaycastro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah join them...urrr....us

Preformance and handling wise all the models are the same and if you are buying a 06 and manual, you'll get 300 hp. I would probably stay away from the base model, since it doen't come with a Limited Slip Differenctial or more imposrtantly a Traction Control System... so IMO an enthusiast would be good enough...

You could be able to get much more information reading some posts, do a search https://my350z.com/forum/search.php

You should be able to find more info on in nissan's website www.nissanusa.com