Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

decisions decisions between two 350z! input needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 AM
luda300zx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default decisions decisions between two 350z! input needed

Alright guys, Well it's finally time to sell my 300zx and turn her over for a nice 350z. Reason doing so is the reliabilty of the z33 well over the z32. I'm 19 but have a good head on my shoulders. I should have roughly 9,000 after the sale of my Z and the rest i will be financing over 4-5 years which is fine because i plan to keep the 350z for a while until i get out of college and also my mother will be co-signing. Well I've been lurking the site trying to find the best deals for a Z "around" my area. Well I stumbled upon 1 the other day and then another one really close to me today.

This Z is located in Boston which is 20 minutes away from me. He just posted and i'm obviously loioking for more info and pics but ill provide you the info he gave so far.
2003 PPW Performance Trim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I'm trying to sell my 2003 6MT PPW Performance package Z. It has 48,000 miles on it, which is below average according to KBB. I just had Nissan replace the transmission, under warranty, like a month ago as I was having the grinding gears issue. So the car has a brand new transmission and clutch disc! I put 11% tint on the car, which looks oh so nice, but I can remove it for the buyer if they so choose. I also have a JWT Popcharger on it.

I just ordered a brand new set of Kinetix Test Pipes, which I will throw in FOR FREE!

Car is overall in great condition, nothing wrong with it. Pictures will be coming soon!

KBB has it listed for $19,000+, I'm looking for $19,000/obo.

Now my thoughts about this one.... I could talk him down a little i guess but is this that much of a deal considering the warrenty that is on it (if it even has one), I prefer a car with a warrenty because i learned the hard way with my z32, first month i bought it, BAM, blown motor.

Now here is the info of the beaut that i have come across, Thoughts after description.

2004 White 350Z Touring 6mt, Volks, CAI, Exhaust, BodyKit, remote start 2 way alarm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

asking $20,500 (lowered a grand because of a little crack abouce the liscence plate oin the rear) for the car as it sits now in Herndon, VA (Northern, VA)

I recently purchased a 2004 White 350z Touring Model and it's not for me.
32k miles
I'm having severe back problems and the Z is just too low for me to get in and out of on a daily basis. So Very Sad for me as I've been searching for a Z forever.

Also, I'm not interested in any trades, just cash. I have another car already and I'm not looking to change it out. Clean CarFax and Autocheck

The car has an Injen intake and I believe the exhaust is ingen also, the new style. The car has a full body kit, side skirts, front and rear bumpers all painted to match the beautiful pearl white paint. It sounds awesome but it is not TOO loud when you accelerate.

ALSO, the car is equipped with a 2 way remote start alarm, it's a really nice setup

Last but certainly not least the car has BEAUTIFUL gold on chrome lipped 19 inch volks.
Recent oil change, no third gear issues, and the normal wonderful items the touring model comes with. Traction control, heated leather seats, ect. The car is VERY clean as the paint and front will attest too, it has not been ragged on. Xenon Headlights
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I am parking the car for now until a serious buyer comes to test drive it.

Here are pics:

I purchased a brand new front tag bracket from Nissan that you may use to put a front plate on the car if you so desire

Injen Intake sits behind front bumper

VOLKS with Toyo Proxes

kind of hard to see but the rear bumper bodykit has a really nice black plastic trim panel between the exhaust

I think it has a 3 year 36k warranty, so it's in warranty for miles, but I would guess that by time it is out of warranty

My thoughts;
Beautiful car inside and out, low mileage and seems very well maintained. Warranty- It's running out so i would have to renew it whcih i got a quote for around 1200-1500 dollars. (inputs about this please) Also the car is located in VA which is 8 hours away from me so i would fly down there check her out and if everything works then ship it back which quoted me roughly 650-800. This car is everything i want because it already has beautiful wheels, clean body kit, exhaust, low mileage. This is also a year newer then the first. once i have puics of the first i will post them also
Whats your thought about my situation!!!

Last edited by luda300zx; 09-11-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:14 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Clean looking Z. Drive the car. If you like it make an offer.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:19 AM
luda300zx

If anyone has flown somewhere to look at a car and then purchase it by shipping what was your experience
Old 09-11-2007, 10:26 AM
wasuber

why not drive it back yourself? I flew to So Cal with a friend to buy a 240sx and drove it back to Seattle , was fun! Got my In-n -Out fix said whats up to my friends in West Covina and was home the next day

I met the guy selling the car at a gas station near the Ontario airport, drove the car, checked it out as best i could and got title in hand and handed him cash, everything went smooth. Car ran like a champ. luckily
Old 09-11-2007, 10:39 AM
luda300zx

haha yea its an 8 hour drive and if im going to buy it i really dont want to put 500 miles on her the first day lolol but if money becomes an issue i will be forced to do so. plus insurance? god forbid something happens i would be F*cked
Old 09-11-2007, 12:01 PM
luda300zx

61 views only 2 thoughts

werd
Old 09-11-2007, 12:23 PM
jdfong

Why is there a kayak on the roof in the first picture??

Hehe, sorry couldnt help myself.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:32 PM
wasuber

Originally Posted by luda300zx
haha yea its an 8 hour drive and if im going to buy it i really dont want to put 500 miles on her the first day lolol but if money becomes an issue i will be forced to do so. plus insurance? god forbid something happens i would be F*cked
I thought you said you would need to finance the rest of the money you needed? If that were true you won't see a nickel of that money until you have coverage on the vehicle. Don't you already have insurance? you can call them on the spot and have your policy cover this car the second you get the key to it. Why let a stranger haul a car across 2 states with no insurance, doesn't make sense.

Also putting 500 miles on a used car is fine....
Old 09-11-2007, 12:45 PM
zeekle

I wouldn't pay someone money to transport a used car back for me if I was going to fly out to see it anyway.

Take some time off, go fly down and get it and take your time getting it back home. If its only 500 miles it should be cake walk. I have driven to a town 250 miles from home and back in an afternoon for work in the recent past.

Be sure all your paperwork is ok before you go.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 PM
luda300zx

ya i already have coverege on my z32 didn't know i could just transfer it thank you for your advise, you guys might change my mind about trasporting it and make a road trip out of it nyc is on the way home
Old 09-11-2007, 01:11 PM
xray2

1. I wouldn't waste my time flying down. 8 hours is a short drive if you REALLY have to see the car.
2. If you're going to blow that much on airline ticket just for some rims, you should be using it for a payment on a fresh 07' just as the 08' are coming in.
Enthusiast OTD for maybe 28000.
3. These cars are all in the same price range, and just wet dreams.
Wait until the harsh East coast winter has people scrambling to sell their car.
4. If you're aching for something, get an 2005+ and just lurk in the buy section here, craigslist and autotrader. Something is bound to come by before you soil your pants.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:47 PM
luda300zx

well airline ticket down there is only what 150 bucks? didnt think it would cost that much and im not in the market for a new car i would have to loan roughly 21k after taxes... to muchf or me right now
Not just for rims, for a very clean and nicely down 350z that has all the mods that i would waste my money of for basically free.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
VQZ33_Jake

id go with the second one...i prefer buying stock vehicles, but he only has bolt on's on it and it seems like a decent deal.

the only problem is, id check with ur nissan and see if those bolt on parts conflict with the warranty.

i was gunna buy some nismo parts for my Z, and the guy said the headers would toss my warranty out the door. thats only the R-tune ones by the way. S-tune parts wouldnt. (s- street, r- race)

Jake
Old 09-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would purchase the 2nd Z if it were up to me.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,650 Posts

has anyone mentioned to him we have a 60K powertrain coverage????
Old 09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
luda300zx

... nah i wasnt aware of that lol... I need to look more into warrenties and that stuff, So powertrain coverage is basically engine and tranny aka the major issues that i have to worry about... well in that case ill go with the second one since the first one doesnt have a warrenty on it
Old 09-11-2007, 06:25 PM
luda300zx

well im leaning more and more towards the second Z its really starting to get to me real bad
Old 09-11-2007, 06:51 PM
banshee

I flew to Houston for my G and drove it back 800 miles. I already knew I was going to buy it. Found it on eBay being sold from an extremely reputable dealer and called them up and dealt on the phone. Spent a couple nights with my old college buddy and drove it back. A lot of fun.. got to know the car. I got insurance before I left.. you need it to sign the loan papers... Umm. I like the second one.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
luda300zx

second one it is then hopefully i will be able to fly down or drive down and pick it up next week
Old 10-25-2007, 06:25 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question

And?

Quick Reply: decisions decisions between two 350z! input needed