Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Will i regret buying a base model?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008 | 07:03 AM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

If they have a base and Enthusiast model in your color. Deal with them to get that model if your really that concern.

They are not moving cars and they indeed what the inventory off the books by years end.

When we bought an Acura SUV last month we wanted no roof rack and a bunch of misc add on options the dealer had.

We said order one they way we like, or sell us that one and take it off the books. However, we are not paying for those options. Back and forth and they finally did. 3K of options we didn't pay for plus a good deal on the overall price.
Old 12-21-2008 | 05:04 PM
VQpoweredZ

By owning a 2006 Base 350z IMO there is no aspect of the car making me want to get anything higher than a base for anything other than the brembo's on the track edition. All these people saying the base is bad etc. don't get the whole concept of modding a car. Wow, if I get a Enthusiast I'll get some aluminum pedals and i can change the songs on my steering wheel. Not only that but an enthusiast adds the pressure of VDC becoming a hazard to the drivers who think their invincible because the almighty VDC is turned on. LSD's can be bought and installed for much less than what I saved on my Base Z.
Old 12-21-2008 | 05:46 PM
trinityracer

I love my base. I like how I have to learn to drive properly and not have some electronics doing it for me. Also I did not want leather, cruise control, steering wheel controls, or any other BS. I like bare cars (except for ipod integration lol)
Old 12-21-2008 | 06:56 PM
mcbrown35

Cruise control is a MUST!!!!! Unless it's a dedicated track car...

However.. I could've done without the Steering wheel mounted stereo controls. Great as long as the stock system is in... but then Worthless... and ugly. Hate having useless buttons/switches... No reason for wasting weight/$ on leather/Bose crap/VCD, wheels will go anyway, ENTHUSIAST is smart choice to me!
Old 12-26-2008 | 10:31 AM
arneltec

Default Bought the Base to mod it... but life happened....

I bought the base model intending on modding the hell out of it. But life happened - Ring - House - Now Baby on the way... G!G!...
Old 02-02-2009 | 08:20 PM
ZTMYDUST

Originally Posted by o2sys
Seems like the best deals are on the Base model for the obvious reasons.

Still the deals are very temping on the base models. But will I regret down the road for getting a base?

Im coming from a Subaru STI and never needed VDC or traction control since the AWD kept me straight. Will i miss that LSD on the 350z or even notice the fact that i dont have one???

I daily drive my car so just contemplating if i should just settle for a base model.
The only thing you would regret is driving you Z in the winter here in NY. Base or Touring or any model offered won't help you much when in the snow. I personally won't let my Z touch winter here in NY and it's not due to snow it's due to salt on the roads. Salt = Rusted Z, Buy the base and a winter beater. The STI owns winter conditions, The Z likes the view from inside the garage when the snow and salt hit the roads.

Last edited by ZTMYDUST; 02-02-2009 at 08:24 PM.