Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Teen jobs

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:55 PM
beaugagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teen jobs

Im fifteen and i've decided that i definately want a z. probably an 05. I was wondering if anyone started saving at 15 for there z? I work for my dad and get around 10 an hour and im about to start working at safeway as a second job making 8 and half. and i've started making/designing my own t-shirts and im gonna start selling them online also. im going to bank almost all of this cash till i have my car. but anyways im just wondering if you had any ideas or if any of you were in the same situation as me?
Old 05-24-2009, 11:55 PM
beaugagon

Default badsaf

sorry if this is the wrong section..
Old 05-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt start saving for a Z when I was 15 but I did start saving for a car... My first car was a 300zx. If you are saving all your money you could definitly have enough to buy a Z in a few years... Just remeber with these cars its more then just the purchase price the maintence on them is more then a cheap car too.

Brake changes and tire changes arent exactly pocket change.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I am 24 in your area with a perfect driving record, and my full coverage insurance is about 140$/mo. what do you think yours will be? *cringe*

something to consider, might want to grab an 05 Z VIN and get a quote. make sure this is something you are comfortable paying, because your insurance will be like a car payment, if not higher.

I also do not condone buying the z as your first car. you have no idea what you are getting into or what you are doing at that age. you are very likely to wreck it - not anything against you, we've just seen a lot of it on the forum.

rack up some driving experience in something else first..

I know this advice will be ignored, but at least your parents aren't buying you the car. at least you have a strong work ethic at an early age and will appreciate the car more.. ahhh. good luck dude.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:30 AM
beaugagon

ha dude its not going to be my first car... my dad is giving me his jeep till i get it which will hopefully be around 17. but my dad is putting the car under his insurance and im just going to be one of the drivers or whatever so i don't get caught giving up my whole paycheck every other week. i've got most of it planned out. and im going to work for my dad very long. im taking that t shirt thing and going hard with it. I've got most of it all planned out.

and your right that advice will definately be ignored hahaha.

im also prepared for maintenence. im not like most teenagers and think owning a car is like owning a bike.

Last edited by beaugagon; 05-25-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Barnabas

Are you taking a loan or planning on paying for it in cash?? Have you looked into what a brake job and other regular maintence costs?? Even adding on insurance to your dads doesnt mean it will be cheap. I just took my younger brother onto my insurance policy to help him out from paying so high. He is 18 with a 2004 sentra and his is more then double the cost of my Z for insurance... Just make sure you do your research before getting any car and I am sure you will make the right desicion.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:34 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by beaugagon
I was wondering if anyone started saving at 15 for there (their) z?
Nope. At 15, I was in school
You should not be working 2 jobs while in high school. Worry about money later.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:14 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Avoid girls. Forever. You’ll have money for whatever you want.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:56 AM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by davidv
+1 I would be TT if it wasnt for the ex
Old 05-25-2009, 05:56 AM
CancerJCCz

Davidv always there to lend some useful advice!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:13 AM
calin
Banned

Old 05-25-2009, 07:53 AM
SnyzzleZ

i honestly wouldnt get a Z as a first car.. Even though you can find some 03s for a good price they are just not thje best car to learn on and you wouldnt want to **** up such a nice car.. If I were you, I would buy something a little cheaper, learn on it for a a year or 2, and then go buy a Z. In the end, you'll be happy you decided to wait.

EDIT: nevermind, just read what ENTAILLE posted.. x2 on what he said

I think we all have wanted a nice sports car when we were 15, but the fact of the matter is that your still in high school and chances are you're not going to be able to work enough to handle the payments and maintenance.. And more than likely your t-shirt thing isnt going to work out..

Last edited by SnyzzleZ; 05-25-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:00 AM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

And, if you want girls, no marriage and no kids...LOL

Between ailmony, child support and traveling to see my daughter. I could have a Ferrari in my garage.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 05-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Spork

ha dude its not going to be my first car... my dad is giving me his jeep till i get it which will hopefully be around 17. but my dad is putting the car under his insurance and im just going to be one of the drivers or whatever so i don't get caught giving up my whole paycheck every other week. i've got most of it planned out. and im going to work for my dad very long. im taking that t shirt thing and going hard with it. I've got most of it all planned out.

and your right that advice will definately be ignored hahaha.

im also prepared for maintenence. im not like most teenagers and think owning a car is like owning a bike.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money on repairs. Parts for the Z are not cheap... If you plan on modding it, plan on spending lots of money.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:41 AM
beaugagon

Originally Posted by Spork
Be prepared to spend a lot of money on repairs. Parts for the Z are not cheap... If you plan on modding it, plan on spending lots of money.
I don't plan on modding it really. just small interior things i guess.

Originally Posted by Barnabas
Are you taking a loan or planning on paying for it in cash?? Have you looked into what a brake job and other regular maintence costs?? Even adding on insurance to your dads doesnt mean it will be cheap. I just took my younger brother onto my insurance policy to help him out from paying so high. He is 18 with a 2004 sentra and his is more then double the cost of my Z for insurance... Just make sure you do your research before getting any car and I am sure you will make the right desicion.
theres no way im taking a loan. im paying for it in cash.

Originally Posted by calin
Nope. At 15, I was in school
You should not be working 2 jobs while in high school. Worry about money later.
and im not in highschool. im homeschooled right now and im just going to get my GED next year when i turn 16 so i can graduate and focus more on working. I actually film skateboarding and stuff and cameras are pretty much my whole life. so i plan on buying another camera and im gonna start filming weddings. my friend did that and he's 18 and makes mo cash flow then his padre.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:43 AM
beaugagon

also i didn't really post this to get reasons why i shouldn't buy it or what i should be prepared for....

i saw a few kids in the post your age thread that were pretty young and i was just wondering what they did to get there car.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Spork

i saw a few kids in the post your age thread that were pretty young and i was just wondering what they did to get there car.
They take the trash out, clean their rooms, and get good grades.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:24 AM
beaugagon

Originally Posted by Spork
They take the trash out, clean their rooms, and get good grades.

yeah i was wondering...

i wish my parents would buy me a nice car ha.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:56 PM
kennedy

I am 21 and have had help from my parents on certain things. If this is going to be your first car I would wait and get something a little less then a 350z. I have an 07 that is modded and I enjoy the car but I would not recommend having that as your first car. My first car was an sr20det 240sx and it got me into some trouble in which I regret.. I would wait get some experience behind the wheel and keep saving your money. I give you props to working for something like you are. I have a friend back at home who came over from China had nothing and worked all through high-school, and received great grades. He went to the dealership and paid cash money for his first car which was a subaru sti.

Quick Reply: Teen jobs