Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Teen jobs

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:57 PM
beaugagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my parents are definately not cracked out hahahahaha. wow. if my filming or clothing thing doesn't work out i can always find another way. theres always another way. its not like im going to become homeless if those things don't work. im not trying to grow up too quick. i've just decided that i wan't to spend the money i make on the car i want. but i just went and drove a G35 with my dad and i decided there better for me anyways. which doesn't really matter because there basically the same. and im not a know it all. i just dis agree with waiting till im thirty to get the car i want. the only things i REALLY actually want to spend my money on is cameras and cars. because those are some of my two favorite things. why don't you guys just forget that i want a z so early and leave me alone about it. its my choice so let me make it. like the guy above said. if i really am making a mistake let me learn from it. seriously how bad can it end up??? if it turns out bad i would buy the car, not be able to afford it, and sell it and wait to get another one in a few years. you guys act like if i bought one that it would be the end of my life....
Old 05-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beaugagon
my parents are definately not cracked out hahahahaha. wow. if my filming or clothing thing doesn't work out i can always find another way. theres always another way. its not like im going to become homeless if those things don't work. im not trying to grow up too quick. i've just decided that i wan't to spend the money i make on the car i want. but i just went and drove a G35 with my dad and i decided there better for me anyways. which doesn't really matter because there basically the same. and im not a know it all. i just dis agree with waiting till im thirty to get the car i want. the only things i REALLY actually want to spend my money on is cameras and cars. because those are some of my two favorite things. why don't you guys just forget that i want a z so early and leave me alone about it. its my choice so let me make it. like the guy above said. if i really am making a mistake let me learn from it. seriously how bad can it end up??? if it turns out bad i would buy the car, not be able to afford it, and sell it and wait to get another one in a few years. you guys act like if i bought one that it would be the end of my life....
You could total the car and have nothing You could seriously injure yourself or someone else... You could screw up your credit at a young age if you have to start borriwing money to keep up on the car...

wait to get another one in a few years
Why not just get a beater get experiance driving a CAR and then get your Z or G when you are actually ready to have one and are used to maintaining a car. ??

You say a G35 is better now you do realize they are even more expensive right??
Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did someone say "please loosen up my underage booty hole"?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 PM
SnyzzleZ

well ur 15.. so it might be the end of ur life. I doubt you would be able to handle it.. And again, your just makin yourself sound more irresponsible by saying "all I want to do is spend my money on cameras and cars" DONT WE ALL just want to spend our money on things we like??

And i really am tryin to help u out man.. Im only 20 and I make 11.50 an hour.. A good bit of the money I make does acually go towards my car payments/insurance/maintenance.. But I know life isnt just about a having a nice car.. I still go to school .. And let me tell u man,, you're going to regret it when you look back on how immature your acting and not even finish high school and graduate.

I can GAURANTEE you have no idea how to manage a personal clothing line or filming/photography. So just stop acting like you have everything planned out because you're going to be end for a huge surprise when your 20 and you have nothing except a job at mcdonalds.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by SnyzzleZ
well ur 15.. so it might be the end of ur life. I doubt you would be able to handle it.. And again, your just makin yourself sound more irresponsible by saying "all I want to do is spend my money on cameras and cars" DONT WE ALL just want to spend our money on things we like??

And i really am tryin to help u out man.. Im only 20 and I make 11.50 an hour.. A good bit of the money I make does acually go towards my car payments/insurance/maintenance.. But I know life isnt just about a having a nice car.. I still go to school .. And let me tell u man,, you're going to regret it when you look back on how immature your acting and not even finish high school and graduate.

I can GAURANTEE you have no idea how to manage a personal clothing line or filming/photography. So just stop acting like you have everything planned out because you're going to be end for a huge surprise when your 20 and you have nothing except a job at mcdonalds.
I had allot of awesoem plans for getting rich and doing well at 15 too... Its rare that they work out and you are succesful. But hey if you can do it go for it.
But take our advice start with a different car/truck.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if it turns out bad i would buy the car, not be able to afford it, and sell it and wait to get another one in a few years.
You think it's this easy?

You won't be able to sell it for as much as you paid for it, meaning you'll still be left with a loan to pay off. Selling the car won't get you out of trouble right away. Be prepared to beg your parents for help, or find yourself in deep financial trouble.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Volk350

Originally Posted by mydaytonablueZ
Yo man, if you want to start saving some serious cash, I highly advise you become a lifeguard!

In my first summer I started at $12.50/hr and after my 5th year I was making upwards of $17.50/hr! And during the summer, I worked 48 hours a week- You do the math (Also, you could work indoors during the fall and winter)

And not only is the money awesome, but you get involved with girls like crazy, you develop your "game" that much better, and You get paid to workout!

You'll have a Z, a girl, and muscles by the time youre 19 - I can pretty much guarantee that - IF youre money smart.....

PM me if you need any information or any questions.

GOOD LUCK!

u gotta work 48 hours a week to get 17.50 an hr after 5 years? pathetic...dont set this kid up for disaster with a horrible job, dont believe me, check it out on forbes.com...top 25 worst paying jobs in the US its number 14 or someshit i dunno
Old 05-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Volk350

haha i like how he says that the G is more suited for him lol like hes got all this money to throw around, guess he doesnt know that the G generally goes for more money then the Z....at least a decent one...and spending money on just cameras and cars, man that would be the life, but its not realistic....well...maybe if you live out of your car...when your 30....this kids mind is so on cloud nine its almost hard to believe that hes being serious...
Old 05-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Barnabas

I am wondering how a 15yr old goes and test drives cars?? His dad lets him drive them?? FAIL
Old 05-27-2009, 01:55 AM
quiksilver38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Entaille
I am 24 in your area with a perfect driving record, and my full coverage insurance is about 140$/mo. what do you think yours will be? *cringe*
i would stop paying that $140 a month if you have a perfect driving record for 8 years, i see a savings of $140 a month in your future
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 AM
beaugagon

lol at this thread. haha. but whatever guys. ill buy it when i have the money. probably wont' be 16. maybe 17 or 18. who knows. ill buy the car i want. and if i can't pay for it and have to get rid of it. sucks for me. and to barnabas. i didn't drive it. i said me and my dad went and test drove one. he drove.

like i said my friend bought his a year ago when he was 16 and he's living in the same conditions as me. working for his dad. i asked him if it was worth it and he said that it definately was and it isn't very hard for him to keep the payments going.

but really guys don't worry about me im getting myself into this not you.

later.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:34 AM
bakabakablah

Reading the responses to this thread and some others involving younger drivers getting Z's just paint an overall image of the people here being a bit elitist, if ever so slightly. This kid here posted this thread to ask for advice and all he gets is borderline flaming (kind of sad, really). I figured members (the majority of whom are 30+, apparently) would be more mature outside of the OT area but I guess I was mistaken.

Don't get me wrong, I also think that this kid would be better off buying a more manageable car to learn with other than a Jeep since the driving dynamics of a regular car and a Jeep are so different, let alone a Z and a Jeep. I do, however, think there are better ways of going about letting him know other than OMGWTFBBQ YOU JUST A KID GET A CHEAP BEATER OMG. Z IZ A SPESHO CAR REALLY REALLY EXPENSIVE YOU CANT AFFORD IT!! Really, if this kid is willing to go as far as to work two jobs plus run various businesses in order to get his dream car, it's not that much of a stretch to assume that he'd be willing to learn about how to maintain his car and do basic things like do fluid changes and brake jobs and the like to save a bit of cash.

All in all, OP, do what you want. The general consensus is that you shouldn't get a Z/G when you're so young but I know from experience that when the heart wants something and you're willing to do anything to achieve that goal, very little can change your mind. Just make sure that you don't get your priorities mixed up... it seems like you're shunning education but you shouldn't ever forget that showing up at a job interview with a Z/G isn't anywhere nearly as impressive as showing up with a college degree. Oh, and if you do get the Z (or G) please, please don't do anything stupid as you'd merely be adding to the statistics and feeding the hungry sharks over here at my350z. Good luck in whatever you choose to do, that's my two cents.

*goes back into lurking*
Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
efx

If you have the money, buy it.
If you don't, then don't.

Most people get hung up on the money part because, they don't have it or have too little of it.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:23 PM
sleezye

Save the money and then use it for college tuition. When I got out of highschool, I wanted the money and pretty things right away so I got an OK job with OK pay. Meanwhile my friends went to college, and now have GREAT jobs with Great pay. Now at 23 I have a used Z and they have brand new M3's.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:04 PM
racerfreakxxx

I think what the op needs to know is that most people on here have more experince in life than him.

I know I should have listen to the older guys at the car clubs a few times and now I regret a few things (don't go there, if anyone remembers what it is. I kick myself every day for it)

Kid listen to all these people.

Buy yourself a 240 if you want a sports car and learn how to build up a car. For the price of an 03 model with 50k on it you can get a 240 that is basically a full race car.