Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Hopefully be in a 350 soon or maybe a g35??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 AM
importunerdj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully be in a 350 soon or maybe a g35??

Been looking at 350z's, browising through forums trying to see faults, recalls, searching what would satisfy me since i would be stuck with this car for a loooooooooong period of time.

Im coming from a honda prelude, had one prior to this..worst mistake to go for another one, been through so many headaches, timing belt - water pump, crank wobble, crank pulley broke, timing belt shredded twice, exhaust leaks, clutch failure, oil leaks, gaskets going up the wazzo, basically i bought the car straight out for 5250..i ended up paying twice the amount on repairs.

Now im browsing im hoping some of these cars i post up were from members here so i can at least maybe feel safer stepping into one of these cars..

First up i went to go see this car

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Car is clean, no dents i recognized, no nicks, car was clean on the outside, love the ray rims. Opened the door, right off the bat when i turned on the car i heard a deeper exhaust note, (now i dont want a modded car, really dont need another persons problems) i checked out the exhaust..its stock..so im thinking test pipe?

The cup holder didnt close all the way (easy fix?) , Navigation did not turn on..in the picture's it shows an aftermarket radio, when i went to go see it..there was a stock radio in place..the plastic buttons in the navi felt fake..as if it was an ikea display but the screen was there and looks like it was on in the pictures.

The car also had a check engine light..my belief maybe in test pipe? Also when i popped the hood i noticed a k&n air intake, well i saw a coupler with a steal pipe coming out the end and the coupler said K&N just making an assumption. There were skull stickers on the rear windows and a audiobahn sticker on the hatch. (Also one of the gauges the first one towards the driver side, is that oil pressure? If so it was flashing i believe -35, is it because the oil needed to heat up since it was a cold start? It was like that for the 10 minutes i had the car on..)

Car reads 16 thousand and change miles on it for an 03, there asking 16.995 for it, Thats the only thing that draws my attention..but i have a feeling a kid had this car before and probably beat on it..did not have a chance to test drive.

Next on my list is a car in Bernards VW, did not go see the car but its a touring model 03 asking same price 16,995 but with 30k on the odo.

Cars' carfax is clean! Seems like second owner did not even drive it!

Also i know this is a 350 forum but i noticed this as well

Its an infiniti g35 w/ 30k on the odo also and for 16.900

Now the reason why im reaching out here is, first of all any of these cars belong to a member here????????

If not..right off the bat is the 350 i checked out an easy fix or definetly a stay away from? (Again the only thing that draws me to it is the low low miles).

I definetly want to check out the car at VW, but my knowledge on these cars are very limited. Only reason im dedicated to this car, Like i said my current prelude set me back a couple, as did my previous (but not as much) , i do have a pathfinder as a daily, this truck had a check engine light, exhaust coming off the damn pipe, shocks being blown out...and its reliable as fck with 90k on the odo. I know its nothing crazy and all cars are mechanical and a 50/50 chance..but i just feel nissans are way better built.

So BASICALLY LOL, what my question is, what one should i go for? The G and 350 are basically the same..one weighs more then the other and has a backseat.

I test drove the evo x..i loved it first time i drove it..second time got bored.

Need v6 poWA!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:02 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

OK looking forward to seeing you with a 350Z soon.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Rocknthehawk

any reason you're going through a dealer?

If you have that many doubts about the first one, avoid it. nobody here can vouch for the car just seeing some dealer pics.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
importunerdj

Originally Posted by Rocknthehawk
any reason you're going through a dealer?

If you have that many doubts about the first one, avoid it. nobody here can vouch for the car just seeing some dealer pics.
just wondering if any of these cars belonged to a former member on here..maybe help clear up things

only reason im going through a dealer i feel i got a little bit of leverage..if i just take out a 20k loan from a bank and buy it from a private seller i can't bring it back and say fix it if something broke from driving 2 feet away or within a 7 day period.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:10 PM
davidv

Did you go with the 350Z or G35?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:20 PM
davidv

Another outstanding gonnaget thread!