Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Please help bought new car think getting scammed

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
SageZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IDrm350
This is why you need to negotiate the OTD (out the door) price. It's common place for dealers to charge a dealer doc fee and to build the cost of tax, title, and registration into the loan.

If your mom wanted to buy the car for no more than $38k, she should have offered $38K OTD and then, if the dealer accepts, the dealer would get $38k minus taxes, title, and any documentation fees that they charge. Then she would have financed only $9K.
this
Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 PM
island03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you haven't taken delivery of the car yet and driven it off the lot you can still walk away, no matter what you signed. You can say the car or deal was misrepresented.

They'll try to bully you and threaten law suit etc, just stand your ground and tell them no deal. You can always threaten public attention.

Last edited by island03z; 05-31-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 PM
ksmoore

Originally Posted by island03z
If you haven't taken delivery of the car yet and driven it off the lot you can still walk away, no matter what you signed. You can say the car or deal was misrepresented.

They'll try to bully you and threaten law suit etc, just stand your ground and tell them no deal. You can always threaten public attention.
Still if you took the car home, take that **** back, do not.put.miles on that car... walk in, go straight to the managers desk and demand your money back. If they threaten lawsuit they can't do **** but charge you the miles they put on your car.

I
Old 06-01-2012, 01:44 AM
floppymoppy1234

wow same thing happened to me... the dealer tried to tack on a 500$ fee and warranty and everything AFTER i specifically told them i didnt want it. They wouldnt take it off said its mandatory and everyone pays it, so i left. They call me next day said theres a sale and over the phone i specifically said im only coming down if they are BOTH taken off, he says ok. I get the bill of sale and read it carefully i see the 500$ is off but the warranty is there (a cheaper one) I walk out again. Next day they call blah blah i go back. I see warranty is off but the 500$ is back on. Oppps i made another mistake sorry says the dealer... and this is like my 3rd time there.

Basically, I also had a horrible experience and i hate going to dealerships now. They probably let you walk cause you already signed all the papers... gotta read very carefully!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

where I bought the Z, I informed them the front tires were balding( wires)

They told me it was going to cost 400 dollars for tires( general brand WTF)

UMM YEAH! I told em to sod off, bought the car and mounted BFG-KDWs. NOW thats worth the 400 bucks.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:40 AM
bjjbadboy

Thank you guys for all the replies. Wish we walked out but after being so close to be done w the deal etc didn't. No place on any small print was there something about a 750$ "dealer charger" when I finally say the bill of sale was like wooow why does it not say 38000 it shows the registration fees ok shows doc fee all normal( this before reading about the OTD price and looked and my late dads bill for his Lincoln and he had those fees tied in with the OTD like you said. Audis main office was outraged at the fact the warranty and finance stuff was done the way it was especially bc she wanted to buy out right only finance to save 500$, which they took on them selves to add the tax and warranty into rather then paying cash for that n keep the finance low. Spoke with sales rep again still not sales manager bc he didn't have the ***** to come in and talk "bc he is a hot head" main office out raged again. First sales rep says he said cancel it and don't take the car they don't car again main office flipped.. All we keep hearing is their taking a hit well blow me bc your the one who made the deal, keep saying your getting a new car even sanded and painted a scuff on bottom of bumper, our answer not impressed BMW does this with all there cars any imperfection is fixed prior to selling. She says fine but she wants every penny back bc this was there lie.. When asked why the number is higher then agreed 38000 they come back and say that's bc of the warranty which is a bs warranty anyway to protect the paint from fading etc was told it was for dents dings and scratches n it's not. We were there for 5 hours going over there math which was wrong and missed the 750 exta till got home buy was never told this was in the price. Now the sales rep comes back saying ok the 750 is 2 charged one Is a deliver charge the other is paper work charge and they will drop the paper work charge. Still paying 350 though. So have a meeting with the GM tm am over the phone to resolve the rest or she walks.. Because shell lose the registration fee and then still be out 300 and change for nothing.

This is def a learning experience to just bounce at the first sign of BS feel terrible for mom it's not like shes balling buying expensive cars all the time she saved her entire life for a sick ride

Hopefully Sat she gets results from the GM the main office basically said that sales manager will be selling kias by next month and they will upgrade all her warrentys bc feel horrible what happened under there cars name.

Bottom line is stealerships really earn there name I have no good experience with them hence doing all my own work on my Z. Thanks again for all the advice and help on this if they don't take the rest of that charge off its a wrap. Funniest thing is if they weren't shaded and listed these fees up front she would have either not taking the car knowing it's over 800 w tax extra or she would have paid it. I had a Hyundai as my first car in there paper work it's already printed on every copy there is a 350 delivery charge this was done super shady