Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Please help bought new car think getting scammed

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 AM
bjjbadboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help bought new car think getting scammed

LOng story short my mother just bought an A5 everything was fine until going to pay.... LOng story short when she got her bill of sale it was higher then agreed asking why after having to find the manager was bc they included the warranty in it, ok. Get home do the math it's still 749$ higher then agreed deal. Is this some sort of dealer fee? That close to 1000$ more on the price they agreed.

She paid them most in cash but financed a little in a deal to save 500$ in this deal they were supposed to put on the least amount 9000 instead they took it upon themselves to put the high package aftrrmarket warranty. And making the finance 3000 more. When clearly stated wanted the min. The guy that started the finance stuff never called n asked till we got there when we were told he left an someone else had to help.

She was supposed to get a rental until they fixed a few things on the car ( said they had to b paid first) got half way through signing I ask about rental he's like she's not getting one. All in all was a Terrible experience spending 45gs but now she paid and there is that extra 749 that's not accounted for. What can I say when they try say it's dealer fees.. The chick doing the finace bc the other guy left early quit after helping us and said she can get all her money back if they dont fix what they agreed is this true.
Thanks guys
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 AM
konrad

Used car dealer or Audi dealership?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:48 AM
bjjbadboy

Originally Posted by konrad
Used car dealer or Audi dealership?
Audi dealer
Old 05-31-2012, 07:49 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

The Nissan dealer tried that with me when I bought my '08. They tacked on $750 for "dealer overhead". Amazingly that fee disappeared as I left the finance manager's office and was just about to grab the door handle on my old car.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:04 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a walk.

No purchase that large should be anything but perfect.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:14 AM
bjjbadboy

Originally Posted by lgear080
Take a walk.

No purchase that large should be anything but perfect.
Yea she was super upset but still signed everything. So you guys think if they don't refund that 750 she should get all her money back? How does she go about that?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:37 AM
bjjbadboy

Thank you guys for the replies this deff is the biggest deal she every had for a car and was so unhappy there... Just not to sure what to do at this point she gave them a check for 29000 financed 11xxx( which was supposed to only be 9000 until she got there to pay, there answer was well we didn't figure out the tax and the warranty packages so we tied them into the finance... We hate finace and leasing wanted to pay all at once but to save 500 they convinced her to do some finance and then 3000 went on her credit card.. Everything has been signed and payed.
There are several problems that they right an I o u for and now that the car is payed they'll fix.. On thing is a scrap under the front bumper that I have a strong feeling there gonna just put touch up paint on.. Was told if just a few little dots they'll put touch up paint but if scratched deep they have it sanded and painted and I highly doubt there gonna do this.

So bottom line this is an 2010 a5 prestige fully loaded the car that she wanted.. Car started at 42 dropped to 38900 ( found out it had a slight accident( well told was slight) bc its still certified pre-owned. Got them down the 38500 w financing what should have been 9000 brought price to 38000 which makes the car a good deal. Now after signing and paying in an overwhelming moment see this 750$ dealer fee(she called this am said that was there dealer fee) this is bs should have been told the car is 38750 not 38000.

What next steps should we take? Still have to pick up the car should she refuse the deal now that they tacked on 750. Anyone familar w the price of the car is that still a good deal?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Ibex

Originally Posted by bjjbadboy

So bottom line this is an 2010 a5 prestige fully loaded the car that she wanted.. Car started at 42 dropped to 38900 ( found out it had a slight accident( well told was slight) bc its still certified pre-owned.

What next steps should we take? Still have to pick up the car should she refuse the deal now that they tacked on 750. Anyone familar w the price of the car is that still a good deal?
So they didnt disclose it was a vehicle that had been in an accident?

I would call a lawyer at this point, or chalk it up to lesson learned and next time dont sign anything until youre ready.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 AM
bjjbadboy

Originally Posted by Ibex
So they didnt disclose it was a vehicle that had been in an accident?

I would call a lawyer at this point, or chalk it up to lesson learned and next time dont sign anything until youre ready.
Nope we saw it on the car fax questioned it and that's why the lower price but was told was only a bumper and that's why they can certify it still.
Was never told that there would be a 750$ dealer charge so instead of car being 38000 it's 38750

The finance lady was like if you dont want it when you come pick it up you'll get your money back. Can she get her money back now that she signed and payed
Old 05-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

^your gona be spending more than 750 for a lawyer lol...i would just walk and get my money back...plenty of other cars and dealers that have better customer service, if you dont like the way they are treating you now imaging how its gona be when they have to service the car....id give them the finger
Old 05-31-2012, 11:07 AM
bjjbadboy

Do you guys know how it works about getting money back since everything is signed and they have the check? She called already told them they need to take this 750 off or she walking sales rep said the manger said walk...

Is she gonna be passing up a sick deal? I don't wanna spite or face buy bitting my nose or whatever the saying is.. Will deff never bring it back to this one for service or anything
Old 05-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Kingeddie

F*** that i would walk i will try to get my money back and all. The dealership should be treating you like your god or something lol.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:44 PM
IDrm350

This is why you need to negotiate the OTD (out the door) price. It's common place for dealers to charge a dealer doc fee and to build the cost of tax, title, and registration into the loan.

If your mom wanted to buy the car for no more than $38k, she should have offered $38K OTD and then, if the dealer accepts, the dealer would get $38k minus taxes, title, and any documentation fees that they charge. Then she would have financed only $9K.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

If your mom gave them a check for $29K, I would suggest stopping payment. It may be too late for that, but it wouldn't hurt to check with her bank to see if the check has cleared.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:52 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds bad to me and she should take the car back. This is why when I bought my Sequoia I had my pricing already done from USAA, paper in hand. I took the paper in with all the financial numbers and the dealership beat the USAA deal and agreed to a lower % of financing. Also take time to 'cool off' and get rid of the 'got to have in now' syndrome, dealerships can 'smell' this a mile away then they take advantage of the situation.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:12 PM
bjjbadboy

Yea this has turned into a nightmare we thought we were being crazy. I bought my Z private so there was no issues... We should have never signed anything and just bounced when these issues occurred. When I saw the bill of sale I asked how come not 38k after having go to the service manager taking another 10 mins was told that's the fee of the warranty package tied in with out even asking if that's what she wanted. Came home did the math and 750 was extra when called td they sai that's the dealer fee... She was prepared to pay the doc registration and tax but no hidden dealer fee that they snuck into the price. No where does it say what the extra 750 was for. I called another local audi dealer and they said there fee is just the 75$ doc fee.. When talking to the rep mom was like wtf car is now 38750 not 38 basically and he said yea basically.. That's with out the reg and doc fees 750 is sol"dealer fee"

Even this being a good deal for the car they need to suck it easy. It's a lot of money and things done where shady and extremely poor customer service. When asked why manager didn't come out was told bc he is a hot head and you were upset so would end up losing the deal.

Bottom line now is it was a certified check so money is gone. Finance papers are signed. How does she get her money back with out taking a loss. It was extremely dishonest of them to lie when asking what the extra money was for and after 3 hrs of checking there math my calc died and my rain man abilities where not up to par
Old 05-31-2012, 01:15 PM
bjjbadboy

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
Sounds bad to me and she should take the car back. This is why when I bought my Sequoia I had my pricing already done from USAA, paper in hand. I took the paper in with all the financial numbers and the dealership beat the USAA deal and agreed to a lower % of financing. Also take time to 'cool off' and get rid of the 'got to have in now' syndrome, dealerships can
'smell' this a mile away then they take advantage of the situation.
She didn't get the car yet they said they needed full payment before would fix a scratch and a tiny rip in the leather what is the USAA you speak of? Can she get her money back now in full even the DMV registration fee? And under what right does she have to do so after signing for it?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:42 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjjbadboy
She didn't get the car yet they said they needed full payment before would fix a scratch and a tiny rip in the leather what is the USAA you speak of? Can she get her money back now in full even the DMV registration fee? And under what right does she have to do so after signing for it?
USAA is an insurance company for military members/Vets and their families. But you can research even carmax, or other online car buying service and find the exact model/color of car. Then bring that in to Audi or whatever dealership and show them that you can get this car somewhere else, at a better deal. Like a bargaining chip, then if they tell you to walk, then walk.

I still think your mom can get all of her money/fees back, unless NY has a 'no cooling off' law then I think she will have to eat some of the fees. If it were me I would not walk I would run from that place, F that.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Josh|Swag

Why did you guys continue with the purchase when you found this stuff out along with the rental car bullsh!t they gave you?
That right there would be my sign to high-tail it out of there.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Nlower2

Did she not read the paperwork before she signed it? If she had she should have saw the extra $750 and not signed if she wasn't happy with the deal. Now, I feel like you should just take this as a lesson learned, and be glad it wasn't more.

Quick Reply: Please help bought new car think getting scammed