Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino Z-8

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 07:42 AM
syf0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
Public relations BS? Other than the write up on the Zaino site, there ARE no public relations. Zaino doesn't even advertize. His ads are basically what WE, his customers write.
Agreed 100%!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:35 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Def. Public Relations: The acts of communicating what you are to the public. The methods and activities employed to establish and promote a favorable relationship with the public.

This is a press release, a function of Public Relations, even if it wasn't sent to the media. All I'm saying is he lays it on thick. E.g. "It's an amazing product, but it's not going to be for everyone. We specifically designed this product for the most discriminating detailer - the pickiest of the picky."

Give me a break, of course we are discriminating detailers or we wouldn't use Zaino or any detail spray to begin with! Notice, b.t.w., I said we. Sal may have great products, but I feel my intelligence is being insulted here.

I may be more sensitive to this style of marketing since I'm in the field, but to me this is no different than that diet pill commercial that says "If you only have a few pounds to lose, than this pill is not for you. This pill is for people who need to lose a lot of weight."
Old 04-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell, if this bothers you, I hope you never turn on your radio, surf the internet, watch TV or read the paper. Otherwise you'd be perpetually pissed!
Old 04-07-2005, 11:43 AM
350Zenophile

Hell, if this bothers you, I hope you never turn on your radio, surf the internet, watch TV or read the paper. Otherwise you'd be perpetually pissed!
There is good product advertising out there...just not a lot of it. So yes, I don't listen to much radio or watch many TV commercials when avoidable. Thank God for MP3s and DVRs! And I don't think anyone appreciates internet pop-ups do they?

Great products don't need hype to be sold so it's a shame Sal feels he has to, especially when he has great products. It's understandable though - marketing for the auto detailing industry as a whole is ripe with claims of the best this and the best that. Guess he feels he needs to compete with gems like: "...the Z-8 Grand Finale has far too many specialized polymers to justify it for daily use."
Old 04-07-2005, 12:05 PM
bixby

Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait to try it!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by bixby
Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait to try it!
Take before & after pics and your opinions when you get it in.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:13 PM
bixby

Originally Posted by Faluzure
Take before & after pics and your opinions when you get it in.
Will do!
Old 04-07-2005, 04:24 PM
GWAPITO69

AAAAAhhhh!!!! I just got 2 bottles of Z6 yesterday
Old 04-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

"it's a shame Sal feels he has to"

Again, my point is that HE DOESN'T. Sure this announcement is a bit cheesy but that's all you'll ever see. You won't see this stuff in print or TV or radio. He doesn't advertise!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
And I don't think anyone appreciates internet pop-ups do they?
I DO!!
LOL
Old 04-07-2005, 08:58 PM
syf0n

"it's a shame Sal feels he has to"

Again, my point is that HE DOESN'T. Sure this announcement is a bit cheesy but that's all you'll ever see. You won't see this stuff in print or TV or radio. He doesn't advertise!
Also, as far as I know, the newsletter is opt-in...meaning those who recieve it do so by choice. People with no interest in the product don't get the emails!
Old 04-08-2005, 05:26 AM
350Zenophile

I understand and agree. That was the point I was trying to make, that he doesn't have to lay on the cheese. I wouldn't mind if he ever wanted to advertise to expand his market share. How could I? I'm in the business, and would certainly welcome his. Just do it w/o the Velvetta.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:01 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
I understand and agree. That was the point I was trying to make, that he doesn't have to lay on the cheese. I wouldn't mind if he ever wanted to advertise to expand his market share. How could I? I'm in the business, and would certainly welcome his. Just do it w/o the Velvetta.
I don't think he's "laying on the cheese". I think that's how he really feels about his products.

At least he's honest and not pushing that everyone MUST have his product. Marketing is marketing and he really does very little. Actually none. This was more of a press release. Yes a bit corny but I think it was just his way of expressing HIS feelings about it and the words obviously reflect pride. Geez, he's got my & a lot of other peoples address. Do you guys get bombarded with junk mail from Zaino? I didn't think so. I do get a huge amount of crap for products I don't, and never will use.

I wish Sal would send me some free samples!

Just my .02
Old 04-08-2005, 09:39 AM
zman2

"According to Sal Zaino, the Z-8 Grand Finale has far too many specialized polymers to justify it for daily use."

Somebody explain this statement please.
Seems like if it is better - you would want to use it all the time.
Will using frequently harm the paint?
Old 04-08-2005, 09:45 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by zman2
"According to Sal Zaino, the Z-8 Grand Finale has far too many specialized polymers to justify it for daily use."

Somebody explain this statement please.
Seems like if it is better - you would want to use it all the time.
Will using frequently harm the paint?
I think the real reason is that it's almost $20.00 a bottle! I know us die hard Zaino users (& die harder users like Bonz) will use it often which means buying more which means $$$ in sal's pocket. I'll probably use it at minimum once a week & continue to use Z6 daily.

It won't harm your paint. It's probably like the other products, the more you use the better your results.