Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

The Cult of Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 09:18 AM
doodoostain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know how many applications i can get out of the show car kit? just curious.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:33 AM
jedoublery

Ok, I am sold, or should I say my mom is sold?
I just emailed my mom, Zaino is what I want for Christmas.

Question
Has anyone used Zaino on bikes? Bike plastics are softer....softer than our Z's bumper, they bend back and forth easily, any effect on that?
Also, I usually wax my bike's pipe too, it has an anodized-titanium finish, doesn't get as hot as stainless steel, but still untouchable with hands when hot. Can I apply Zaino on that? Wax is oil based product and Zaino is polymer, is that temperature safe?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:20 PM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by doodoostain
does anyone know how many applications i can get out of the show car kit? just curious.
The mixing bottles are 2oz. You should never apply/mix more than 1oz. After a few coats, plus experience in applying, might get it down to someting between 3/4 - 1oz. This is true for both Z5 and Z2. While the vile of "ZFX" looks small, you have plenty. Add 1oz Z2 or Z5 to the mixing bottle. Turn the vile of "ZFX" vertical and let 3-4 drops fall. Don't squeeze the vile!! I always use "ZFX" with Z5. Like Dr. I apply the Z2 with or without "ZFX" and let it sit overnight. That 10-12 hours of drying does wonders! How long will the Z7 and Z6 last? How often will you wash, polish or just detail with Z6? Have fun!
Old 12-10-2003, 08:41 AM
03Brickyard

I have a brickyard Z....Where can I find Ziano???
Old 12-10-2003, 08:53 AM
350zWhite04

hey 03 brickyard ...by any chance did you pass a white 350z on route 100 last friday or saturday? and take 295 exit? im thinkin it was you, and you waved at me.... maybe not well jus curious
Old 12-10-2003, 09:57 AM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by 03Brickyard
I have a brickyard Z....Where can I find Ziano???
www.zainostore.com
Old 12-17-2003, 09:24 AM
bhobson333

Originally posted by boz
It seems to me that the biggest argument for Zaino versus any other wax is durability. There was a post that I just found by searching of a 911 Turbo using Zaino and Meguiars with no visible difference in shine or appearance. I need to hear from someone who actually has experienced the long lasting nature of the product
I have 11 coats but have not added a coat and have not used Z6 since early September. It still looks very shiny and is still beading water; the beads are maybe not quite as tight as when it was fresh, but still beading.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:33 AM
havabooz

other waxes might give you an equally nice shine (which is still debateable)...but the fact that zaino is a sealant with no abrasives and is safe for the car ..and gets better with more and more coats

whatever i just said above...thats what sold me ...i put 6 coats in 3 weeks..then it started to snow..damn east coast..hopefully we will have a dry dry summer
Old 12-25-2003, 11:31 AM
rouxeny

I think I'm going to Zaino my '96 Accord this spring. I love Zaino, but it's not always apparent on my CS Z. The Accord is black, I think it'll show up better!
Old 12-25-2003, 01:24 PM
dwg

i just put zaino on my new z today,, love it!!
Attached Thumbnails The Cult of Zaino-zzss.jpg  
Old 12-25-2003, 01:47 PM
dwg

1 more
Attached Thumbnails The Cult of Zaino-ssz.jpg  
Old 12-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish we had that kind of weather up here! Nothing but white stuff all over and its 23 degrees!!!
Old 12-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Z Factor

For all you Zaino guys (I like the product also) who are putting on 10, 20, or even 50 coats , you are not improving your finish anymore than applying 4-5 coats.

Don't believe me? Just call Zaino, and ask to speak to Sal Zaino himself, as he will tell you this. It is a surprise since the more coats you put on, the more sales he will make, but give the guy credit for being honest.

Sorry to break the bad news to you, but by all means, if it makes you feel better to coat it 500 times, go right ahead. It is no skin off of my clearcoat
Old 12-29-2003, 02:59 PM
z0ner

While I appreciate that your very first post is one of criticism, you obviously don't understand.

First of all, NOBODY is putting on 50 coats over a weekend. This is something that takes die-hards at least six months to accomplish, figuring on two coats per week.

Secondly, Zaino will eventually wear off just like other polishes. The Zaino disciples are simply making sure that their car ALWAYS retains the deep, rich, wet looking gloss.

Go back and read every single one of these posts. Not one of us has said Zaino looks better on a car with XX coats versus 4-5. You're missing the point entirely.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Not to mention the fact that he is just DEAD WRONG!

55 layers and counting!
Attached Thumbnails The Cult of Zaino-350z-in-the-park-1.jpg  
Old 12-29-2003, 08:51 PM
Z Factor

Originally posted by z0ner
While I appreciate that your very first post is one of criticism, you obviously don't understand.

First of all, NOBODY is putting on 50 coats over a weekend. This is something that takes die-hards at least six months to accomplish, figuring on two coats per week.

Secondly, Zaino will eventually wear off just like other polishes. The Zaino disciples are simply making sure that their car ALWAYS retains the deep, rich, wet looking gloss.

Go back and read every single one of these posts. Not one of us has said Zaino looks better on a car with XX coats versus 4-5. You're missing the point entirely.
Sorry to upset the Zaino apple cart, but my first post is not one of "criticism", but rather an educated opinion. People make all sorts of claims on the internet, but trust me on this one, I am very familiar with car care, and 50 coats of Zaino will not provide a greater level of protection against things like bird droppings, nor will it out shine a car with 5 coats. If you don't want to take my word for it fine, but call the head GURU/Cult leader himself, and he will tell you so.

Furthermore, your comments about "deeper, or rich" shine is not accurate. While Zaino will provide a mirror like shine (probably the best in the industry), it will not provide a deep, nor rich look compared to some waxes on the market. It doesn't have to considering it is a synthetic, not a wax, and therefore lasts up to 4+months compared to waxes which at best last 6 weeks, at best, but it has been described as looking like the car has been wrapped in Saran Wrap, as opposed to having a deep and lustrous shine.

The bottom line is that Zaino Car Polish is a wonderful product, but it is not the perfect product for every taste out there.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Z Factor

More on this to come
Old 12-30-2003, 04:05 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

You had better be careful. You do not want to incur the WRATH of the ZAINO GODZ!!!!

Old 12-30-2003, 04:33 AM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bonz, I think you just like to rub that thing!
Old 12-30-2003, 05:42 AM
Kevin V

He is correct in that after 4-5 coats the shine itself doesn't really get any better. To me a few extra coats does make the shine look deeper. Yes, it is a different look than with wax, but it is the look I prefer. As far as protection though, logically speaking, the thicker the overall combined layer, it would seem it would add a little more protection, maybe not alot though. The main thing is once you get it looking good, is to maintain the look. Most people who put on ALOT of coats in a short time span, simply enjoy doing it. I've been using Zaino for over 5 years and yes on a new car I build up to around 10 coats in a few weeks and then only apply another layer as needed to keep the finish looking it's best. Some people only apply a single coat of Zaino each 6 months.

Quick Reply: The Cult of Zaino