Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

12.7 NA, no power adders

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 06:30 AM
raptorbh12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DomZ
Oh man, you don't understand how happy that makes. Do you have the full reflash or the limited one? I may have all those mods minus the clutch/flywheel plus headers by the end of the summer, look for me in the 12's in September/October!
i have the full flash, with the remapped fuel maps, and speed limiter removed and rev limit raised and all the stuff that comes with the technosquare ECU reflash was basically done by altered atmosphere with there own custom fuel maps.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:33 AM
Integrity
Banned

Congrates on your times Raptor. Very impressive to say the least.

Originally Posted by raptorbh12
but for now im done til i get a few more substantial mods.
What are your future plans?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:46 AM
s14roller

Awesome runs man
Old 06-26-2005, 08:59 AM
raptorbh12

Originally Posted by Integrity
Congrates on your times Raptor. Very impressive to say the least.

What are your future plans?
im not really sure, maybe turbonetics if i come across some unexpected money or maybe just a 100 shot.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Integrity
Banned

im not really sure, maybe turbonetics if i come across some unexpected money or maybe just a 100 shot.
Let me know before you buy anything, I may be able to help you out.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:02 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat
Premier Member

yea to launch the car i knew i had to keep from bogging with such large slicks so i reved up to 5-6k and dropped it down with the intention of spinning my wheels, but with those slicks i just shot right off and never bogged. I needed about a half inch of spacing to fit the 15's over my non brembo brake calipers...
Be careful when you use wheel spacers to offset your slicks.

The spacers reduce the amount of "grab" the lug nuts get on the wheel studs. They can pull out and the wheel will come off.

Secondly, the increased leverage the wheel get by spacing it out from the axle increases the likelyhood that the wheel will twist the wheel studs off when you launch. Unfortunatelt I am speaking from experience here...

Make sure your wheel studs are long enough and replace them by a higher grade material if possible. Buying a wheel with the correct spacing would be best.

Good luck in the future... You've got a rocket of a street car there!

-john (an old racer...)
Old 06-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Mantis3024

Kick *** time. That 60 ft time is just as good, if not better, than what those AWD guys are getting. Its awesome how two of the fastest bolt-on Zs on this board are in the same area.

Charles, so whats up with the hook up?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:50 PM
EM-EFER

With a little time we will know what parts really work well with the Z and what doesnt. Truthfully this is a huge step for bolt-on parts. Congrats.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:20 AM
raptorbh12

Be careful when you use wheel spacers to offset your slicks.
it should be fine because the lug nuts are still seated deep enough to where they wouldnt come loose, and when you said that you twisted your wheel studs off was that in a 350?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:22 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat
Premier Member

...and when you said that you twisted your wheel studs off was that in a 350?
No, it was actually a Dana 60 rear end in a Camaro. I just wanted you to be aware that wheel spacers can change the loading/leverage on wheel studs and cause problems.

It's a real bummer to drive your car to the track, break off a wheel, and then have no way to get it home.

-john
Old 06-28-2005, 07:45 AM
95snoozer

im running some no name brand black steel wheels that are size 15x8. And the slicks are Hoosier Quick Time Pros size 27x11.5x15. The tires were spaced out 1/2 inch with spacers to clear brake calipers, and this made the tires stick out about an inch on the side of my car which i actually got pulled over for on my way home but was let go because the slicks are street legal.
man, over on the mustang drag forums we call those axlebrakers. there are some guys with those that have trashed multiple axles.

i velieve they are american racing steelies and despite being steel they only weigh 19 pounds. not bad at all. i am sure you could run some mustang 15s as well. they are extremely light.

great times and insane 60 foot for stock gears. I am jealous of your track prep. if you stay all motor are you gonna get some 3.90 gears and keep those insane launches? i would.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by Mantis3024
Charles, so whats up with the hook up?
I guess its ok to let the cat out of the bag now. I wanted to make sure I was going to make this career change before making any promises to anyone. Starting the second week in July, I'll be working for Altered Atmosphere Motorsports. Let me know if you need anything, and I'll hook you up.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Laww

Grats on the new job!

Laww
Old 06-28-2005, 10:01 PM
dcmaxclub

congrats. That's really impressive, especially at capitol and in the heat

wish I would have went that night, I thought it was going to be too hot to get any good times.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:33 AM
raptorbh12

wish I would have went that night, I thought it was going to be too hot to get any good times.
Yea icing the intake parts helped cool it down between runs but i think the heat was the reason i didnt hit 12.7's after my first run.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:57 PM
jackie chan

no offense, but i dont see how its possible for an NA z to cut a 1.5 on slicks.....but then the other two were realistic. Unless your car is really light or is making some stupid power, a 1.5 is pretty unrealistic. I know guys with 4.30s, full drag suspensions, 290 rwhp and 300+lb at 3100lb race weights that barely cut 1.5s. My friend spaying a 75 kit out of the hole with gears and slicks dead hooking carrying the front tire for a few feet only cuts 1.5s....looks likeyou staged with the rears
Old 06-29-2005, 02:56 PM
sfarrah

Default Well a z32 can launch with a 1.46 why not a 1.57 in a z33?

I cut a 1.4624 in my friends 95 300zx TT about a month ago. Mind you he has an aftermarket LSD and we were on ET Streets, but he has since consistent low 1.6's. The car was aligned for a road course also and was running 2 degees negative camber in the rear. Sometimes you just get that magic launch.

more info on car and run

I cut a 1.69 in my 350 but haven't been able to match it, although i've only been to the track maybe twice since that night. It usually launches 1.8's consisitently though. Track prep can play a significant role also.

A 1.5 isn't easy, but it's not impossible either, at least in my opinion.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:26 PM
raptorbh12

Originally Posted by jackie chan
no offense, but i dont see how its possible for an NA z to cut a 1.5 on slicks.....but then the other two were realistic. Unless your car is really light or is making some stupid power, a 1.5 is pretty unrealistic. I know guys with 4.30s, full drag suspensions, 290 rwhp and 300+lb at 3100lb race weights that barely cut 1.5s. My friend spaying a 75 kit out of the hole with gears and slicks dead hooking carrying the front tire for a few feet only cuts 1.5s....looks likeyou staged with the rears
the only weight reduction done, was i took out my spare and jack, passenger seat, and i ran my car on fuel light for a day. Also that launch felt so much better that the other two, i stayed with the launch all the way through first gear unlike the other two where the launch wore off near the end of first gear, i dont know how else to describe it, its the way the car gets into traction from the initial spin that was different the first run and it happened smoothly and so i ran an amazing 60 foot, Laww was there in his turbonetics Z and he watched me run so if you have any questions on the validity of my runs you can ask him if you want.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:31 PM
done12many2

Originally Posted by jackie chan
Well, I believe it could definitely happen. If I can cut 1.9's on 245/40/18 Goodyear STREET tires, then 1.5's-1.7's can and have happened. I by no means think that he could do this consistently, but it could definitely happen under the right conditions.

As far as sfarrah’s launch and times with the 300 ZX TT, I was there and the guy just consistently makes Z’s look good. It wasn’t even warm out when he cut the 1.69 in his 350, so I imagine he will best that launch sometime this summer.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:06 AM
95snoozer

yeah, but your and my track suck they only prep for national events.

I will argue this till i am blue in the face if any track officials say different. I have been there on days when it was too stickey for a second gera burnout, and days when my tires were like they were on ice

Quick Reply: 12.7 NA, no power adders