Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

12.7 NA, no power adders

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:09 AM
sfarrah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I will agree with that comment.

Only once at San Antonio Raceway did I actually hear/feel the tires gripping the vht as I staged and not once since. That was a few years ago. They don't seem to care about prepping for Wed and Fri test and tune nights.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:21 AM
raptorbh12

yea i saw em spraying the VHT on the track at capitol although they only do the first couple feet where you launch. MIR had VHT raining down on the track all the way down every half hour and that stuff isnt cheap.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:49 AM
jackie chan

if anyone in this thread has raced at our so so power levels on slicks for any amount of time they wil know that a 1.5 will only come with power or weight reduction....just the simple facts. I would bet money that car could go back to the track and make 1000 passes in the same form and will never cut a 1.5
Old 06-30-2005, 08:51 AM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by sfarrah
I cut a 1.4624 in my friends 95 300zx TT about a month ago. Mind you he has an aftermarket LSD and we were on ET Streets, but he has since consistent low 1.6's. The car was aligned for a road course also and was running 2 degees negative camber in the rear. Sometimes you just get that magic launch.

more info on car and run

I cut a 1.69 in my 350 but haven't been able to match it, although i've only been to the track maybe twice since that night. It usually launches 1.8's consisitently though. Track prep can play a significant role also.

A 1.5 isn't easy, but it's not impossible either, at least in my opinion.

power difference there....na zs are not making the power to cut 1.5s on stock suspensions and 27" tall slicks with stock gearing.....
Old 06-30-2005, 09:06 AM
raptorbh12

power difference there....na zs are not making the power to cut 1.5s on stock suspensions and 27" tall slicks with stock gearing.....
EXACTLY, thats why i was able to cut a 1.5, i didnt hav enough power to continue spinning through, so it just launched me out at the speed my tires were spinning. If i had 380+ hp then i guarantee i wouldnt be able to cut a 1.5 because the launch would spin the tires longer and lower my 60 ft time, im not going to go back to the track just to prove i can do it again. Launching on slicks shouldnt be done that often on stock axles and i dont wanna risk breaking anything.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:49 AM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by raptorbh12
EXACTLY, thats why i was able to cut a 1.5, i didnt hav enough power to continue spinning through, so it just launched me out at the speed my tires were spinning. If i had 380+ hp then i guarantee i wouldnt be able to cut a 1.5 because the launch would spin the tires longer and lower my 60 ft time, im not going to go back to the track just to prove i can do it again. Launching on slicks shouldnt be done that often on stock axles and i dont wanna risk breaking anything.
you dont have much experience at dr do you?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:15 AM
raptorbh12

Originally Posted by jackie chan
you dont have much experience at dr do you?
nope, i just run 12.7's because i suck at drag racing. Ive only been DR at the track for about one year, i started when i got my Z. I havnt been DR forever but i can at least get awesome times without spending thousands on mods.

Last edited by raptorbh12; 06-30-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:55 PM
jackie chan

nope, i just run 12.7's because i suck at drag racing. Ive only been DR at the track for about one year, i started when i got my Z. I havnt been DR forever but i can at least get awesome times without spending thousands on mods.
im not trying to insult you, just sharing my point of view on your 1.5, that is better than any other z on slicks by over .1 in the 60'. and the s on 12.7's can be removed...
Old 06-30-2005, 03:31 PM
VeeTec

I cut 1.6 60's with my 93 FD, when it was putting down 452 hp, on MT E/T Drags.

I didn't want to launch it any harder, as the frame would actually flex, as I needed bracing and a cage.

I find it hard to believe too, but I guess it can happen on a freak occurence.

I probably could have run 1.4's with the FD if I wasn't concerned with breaking something.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:58 AM
mjedens

Default 1.5 60 Ft

I've hit multiple 1.5's with my 350z but that's with a 200 shot. N/A ? I'd have to see it to believe it!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:06 AM
roneski

I haven't read through the entire thread, but I'd have to see a NA 12.7 to believe it.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:40 AM
raptorbh12

fine ill do it again before the seasons over.

:This time ill get it on tape.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:06 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

sorry, I need vids...The JWT FW actually screws up your launch cuz it's beneficial on road courses, not drag strips. I'm not saying you didn't run those times, they are just too amazing without vids...

Last edited by GlenRoseFireFighter; 07-01-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:19 AM
raptorbh12

no problem ill get some vids, today i cant tho, its sever thunderstorm warning, so maybe next week but doubtful, ill see what i can do and as soon as i do ill make a new thread for the video.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:08 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

no problem ill get some vids, today i cant tho, its sever thunderstorm warning, so maybe next week but doubtful, ill see what i can do and as soon as i do ill make a new thread for the video.
post the vids here too...for all those who are subscribing...
Old 07-01-2005, 11:15 AM
TwiZted

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imagine if you added a 3.9 FD to your setup! Your Z would be screaming, that 12.7 could get down to a 12.4-12.5 on a good pass like you had, and that would be NA!

To all the other guys on the board jumping on him, how much more proof do you need, he has timeslips and a witness that SAW the run. You guys are sitting argueing over a TENTH of a second, A TENTH!!! saying it is not possible to shave a TENTH off of a 1.6 60' Ft and hitting his 1.5......unbelievable
Old 07-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by TwiZted
Imagine if you added a 3.9 FD to your setup! Your Z would be screaming, that 12.7 could get down to a 12.4-12.5 on a good pass like you had, and that would be NA!

To all the other guys on the board jumping on him, how much more proof do you need, he has timeslips and a witness that SAW the run. You guys are sitting argueing over a TENTH of a second, A TENTH!!! saying it is not possible to shave a TENTH off of a 1.6 60' Ft and hitting his 1.5......unbelievable
Personally, I believe him. I've met Raptorbh12 before and I know he's not a BSer. I've also met Laww (his witness) before and I know he's a stand up guy as well. That being said, there's nothing wrong with a guys on here asking for a little more proof. His times really are amazing, so it makes sense that some people want to see a vid.

Bobby, let me know when you're going to the track. I'll come along and video tape your runs. If you can't repeat your times at Capitol, I know you could do it at Cecil.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:27 PM
mrtomcat

you know what, I do not doubt that he ran those times at THAT track but I DO doubt that he could run those times at a different track, simply because the numbers don't add up.
Maybe the track goes downhill or the sensors are not aligned right...I have no idea but 12.7 with a 1.5 60' at only a little over 100mph... and the mods that he has on a certified NHRA track...I don't see it. Note his buddies running 12's on that track as well...He also says he's not an experienced driver...
Come out to CaliSpeedway and those times are probably 13.3 at best...

I'm not hating but it just makes no sense
Old 07-01-2005, 02:14 PM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by TwiZted

hahaha....keep hope alive
Old 07-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
you know what, I do not doubt that he ran those times at THAT track but I DO doubt that he could run those times at a different track, simply because the numbers don't add up.
Maybe the track goes downhill or the sensors are not aligned right...I have no idea but 12.7 with a 1.5 60' at only a little over 100mph... and the mods that he has on a certified NHRA track...I don't see it. Note his buddies running 12's on that track as well...He also says he's not an experienced driver...
Come out to CaliSpeedway and those times are probably 13.3 at best...

I'm not hating but it just makes no sense
Every track is different. If he ran the 12.7 at the track, its valid... plain and simple. I know nothing about CaliSpeedway. Is that the same track that has rediculous head winds? I can't remember which track does, but that's not the point. The point is, what he runs here, he certainly wouldn't run in say... Denver. And what he would run in Denver, he certainly wouldn't run at CaliSpeedway. In our area there are 4 tracks near by. 75-80 is pure garbage and I wouldn't run there even if it were free. Capitol is better, but not as well prepped as Cecil County. I would think that Budds Creek is the nicest track, but I can't speak from first hand experiance since I've never raced there. The only reason I brought up Cecil is because people tend to run a tenth or two faster there then at Capitol. It would be interesting to see if he could dip even lower then the 12.7!

Quick Reply: 12.7 NA, no power adders