Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Why's the NSX faster?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
RBlover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im a huge nsx R fan. So bottom line there isnt many cars with the engine size and the poweroutput that can match the race heritage and history of the NSX. Vette cannot a test to that nor any other american car.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 PM
VelocityC6

Originally Posted by RBlover69
im a huge nsx R fan. So bottom line there isnt many cars with the engine size and the poweroutput that can match the race heritage and history of the NSX. Vette cannot a test to that nor any other american car.
Why are people this dense? Vettes have been racing for years. They've taken the ALMS championship 6 straight years now.

I hate to sound like such a fanboy but to say the vette has no racing heritage or history compared to the NSX is stupid.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 PM
SergEK

Exactly

The only car to come close is another favorite of mine the M coupes ....315hp from a 3.2L inline 6 .....amazing car and very rare....many hate it....my kind of people love it

And to Vel saying "not something you built in your garage" ---- as if the Z06 is hand built by the gods

Something someone builds in their garage will probably have more attention to detail and overkill for 80K than a stock Z06 from a factory but whatever

Your whole excuse was "its cheaper" if money is your sole measuring stick my statement stands --- you can build faster for less

The reason exotics are so expensive is technology, hardware, build quality and heritage

Most exotic owners rarely drive them hard it at all.....at least most Z06s will be driven....but it will never breathe the rare air that a true exotic does

I never said the Z06 was a bad car but facts are facts.....find a list of 7L imports and check out the hardware

Zonda

Top Speed: 200 mph
0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds
Engine: 7 liter 550 HP Mercedes AMG V12

Zonda is a synonym to exclusiveness and privilege.
Although this supercar (priced at $325,000) dates back to year 2001, the silent running Mercedes engine it uses, makes it very competetive with todays modern racing cars. It is capable of producing 458 lb-ft torque at 2,000 rpm, which increases up to 554 lb-ft at 4,050 rpm. Most interesting fact about the engine used in this Zonda supercar is that it has Euro III type approved certificate, which makes it a street-legal engine. Acceleration from 0 to 60 miles per hour is reached in only 3.7 secs.

Enzo

The McLaren F1's all-time acceleration record has been shattered. Our raw data show the Saleen S7 accomplishing 0-60 mph in 3.34 sec.; the Enzo in 3.28 sec. However, allowing for the accuracy of our radar gun, we report and round results to 0.1 sec. The Ferrari now is the fastest car to the quarter mile (11.1 sec.) and through the slalom. (2003) 399 made

Oh and the Enzo is only a 6 liter....if it was a 7L it would make even more power....guess their saving that for later

Yes the imports cost more....but they are extreme examples of the technology the Imports are using as well as super rare handbuilt cars

Last edited by SergEK; 04-12-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:34 PM
VelocityC6

Originally Posted by SergEK
Exactly

The only car to come close is another favorite of mine the M coupes ....315hp from a 3.2L inline 6 .....amazing car and very rare....many hate it....my kind of people love it

And to Vel saying "not something you built in your garage" ---- as if the Z06 is hand built by the gods

Something someone builds in their garage will probably have more attention to detail and overkill for 80K than a stock Z06 from a factory but whatever

Your whole excuse was "its cheaper" if money is your sole measuring stick my statement stands --- you can build faster for less

The reason exotics are so expensive is technology, hardware, build quality and heritage

Most exotic owners rarely drive them hard it at all.....at least most Z06s will be driven....but it will never breathe the rare air that a true exotic does

I never said the Z06 was a bad car but facts are facts.....find a list of 7L imports and check out the hardware

Zonda

Top Speed: 200 mph
0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds
Engine: 7 liter 550 HP Mercedes AMG V12

Zonda is a synonym to exclusiveness and privilege.
Although this supercar (priced at $325,000) dates back to year 2001, the silent running Mercedes engine it uses, makes it very competetive with todays modern racing cars. It is capable of producing 458 lb-ft torque at 2,000 rpm, which increases up to 554 lb-ft at 4,050 rpm. Most interesting fact about the engine used in this Zonda supercar is that it has Euro III type approved certificate, which makes it a street-legal engine. Acceleration from 0 to 60 miles per hour is reached in only 3.7 secs.

Enzo

The McLaren F1's all-time acceleration record has been shattered. Our raw data show the Saleen S7 accomplishing 0-60 mph in 3.34 sec.; the Enzo in 3.28 sec. However, allowing for the accuracy of our radar gun, we report and round results to 0.1 sec. The Ferrari now is the fastest car to the quarter mile (11.1 sec.) and through the slalom. (2003) 399 made

Oh and the Enzo is only a 6 liter....if it was a 7L it would make even more power....guess their saving that for later

Yes the imports cost more....but they are extreme examples of the technology the Imports are using as well as super rare handbuilt cars
Nice list of cars. Every car there is a drivers race versus a C6 Z06. Facts are facts, owners have been hitting high 10's with only a tire change on Z06's, and running low low 11's totally stock.

As much as you hate the Z06, you can't deny it's outstanding performance. Putting it up against the like of Zonda, Enzo's, Saleen S7's just goes to show why the Z06 is such an amazing car.

Oh and where did the NSX go in this conversation? Exactly, it's long been surpased in performance and cannot compare to any of these cars.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by VelocityC6
Nice list of cars. Every car there is a drivers race versus a C6 Z06. Facts are facts, owners have been hitting high 10's with only a tire change on Z06's, and running low low 11's totally stock.

As much as you hate the Z06, you can't deny it's outstanding performance. Putting it up against the like of Zonda, Enzo's, Saleen S7's just goes to show why the Z06 is such an amazing car.

Oh and where did the NSX go in this conversation? Exactly, it's long been surpased in performance and cannot compare to any of these cars.
Tell you what...shut off 4cyls in the Vette and see if it can still crack mid to high 12's? It wont

Fact --- Enzos have gone 10's@130ish and are 6L motors not 7L

Most imports are in the 3.XL range.....comparing them to a 7L is laughable but thats the thing most GM fan-bois cry out and point at the sticker

Great, you got small block chevy that costs 80K.....way to go!

Meanwhile the TT 383 stoker C5 down the street is laughing his *** off since he picked up his C5 for 23K and had plenty left over for mods --- Guess he is a ricer for spending less and getting more

The Z06 is a nice car with great numbers ---- you can point to numbers all you want but its still SLOWER than similar cubed imports AND will never be held in the same esteem

SO what you end up with is a vette thats slower than used modded ones and a car that wont get respect from exotics.....maybe a few enthusiasts exotic drivers maybe but the snobs wont care

If you had 80K CASH money the Z06 wouldnt be the way to go .....unless your racing factory stock cars in special classes

For everything else you can mod many vehicles to out run the vette

Its a badass ride, no one has said anything less....you just put to much holy grail in it......would a TT notchback stang be cheaper....you bet your *** with 80K youd run well into single digits

But I guess thinking in realistic terms about what 80K can do is too ricer for you
Old 04-13-2007, 05:19 AM
VelocityC6

Tell you what...shut off 4cyls in the Vette and see if it can still crack mid to high 12's? It wont

Most imports are in the 3.XL range.....comparing them to a 7L is laughable but thats the thing most GM fan-bois cry out and point at the sticker

Meanwhile the TT 383 stoker C5 down the street is laughing his *** off since he picked up his C5 for 23K and had plenty left over for mods --- Guess he is a ricer for spending less and getting more

The Z06 is a nice car with great numbers ---- you can point to numbers all you want but its still SLOWER than similar cubed imports AND will never be held in the same esteem

SO what you end up with is a vette thats slower than used modded ones and a car that wont get respect from exotics.....maybe a few enthusiasts exotic drivers maybe but the snobs wont care

If you had 80K CASH money the Z06 wouldnt be the way to go .....unless your racing factory stock cars in special classes

Its a badass ride, no one has said anything less....you just put to much holy grail in it......would a TT notchback stang be cheaper....you bet your *** with 80K youd run well into single digits

But I guess thinking in realistic terms about what 80K can do is too ricer for you
Why would someone shut off 4 cyl on a vette? How about the Zonda shut off 8 of it's cyl and see how it runs?? Your not making any sense.....

This is what I just don't get about your comments, you keep bringing up that any car can be made faster then a vette. Well of course, any car can be made faster then an ENZO too if you throw enough money into it. But what does that matter? It's still not on the level of a factory Enzo/Ferrari/Z06/Zonda/NSX/Viper.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:29 AM
03BrickyardZ

It shares two letters and VTEC with the RSX... that makes it faster, but not as fast as the RSX itself.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 AM
03BrickyardZ

This argument is retawded.

The Z06 corvette can put up comp with most of the Hyper-exotics out there, for a fraction of the price, and all with a factory warranty.

Who cares what exotics drivers think?

If your new Z06 breaks down, you can take it to GM, and they will fix it... up to 100,000 miles. If your modded C5 breaks down, you can fix it yourself.

The Z06 is truly an enthusiast's car. If you cant see that, you should be driving an RSX, because with i/h/e + Kpro, you can outrun the space shuttle.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:39 PM
NA350Z

I thought this thread was about the NSX, lets stick to the topic guys and BTW I absolutely love the Z06, you have to appreciate it, its an amazing amazing car by ANY standards.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by VelocityC6
Why are people this dense? Vettes have been racing for years. They've taken the ALMS championship 6 straight years now.

I hate to sound like such a fanboy but to say the vette has no racing heritage or history compared to the NSX is stupid.
what the hell are you talking about , i did not denounce there race heritage. Im actually fan. WTF but remember it takes chevy per liter to do some justice what it takes honda to do with its NSX. Not saying power wise theres a difference. But race wise per liter i mean you would have to be dense not to acknolwdge that the car in its senior days still gets praised handeling wise to some of the highest rated cars out there. Honda still doesnt need to match the Z06s power to actually be in competition with it in races. Cant you appreciate when your in a z06 and a nsxr is right behind you in a GT race with less then half the displacement and no FI Im a vette fan in the current Le mans series and am just happy they wipped the floor with the vipers etc. But to say your not impressed with such a vehicle with decade old technology still being used to benchmark many exotics . You have to give it is due props. If honda realased a version with at least 100hp more and kept the weight. The z06s may not have owned as much as they did in some of the races. But right now besides the cts -v cars the z06s are really making aston martins etc look really bad lol. Much props.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:40 PM
kleefton

what the hell are you talking about , i did not denounce there race heritage. Im actually fan. WTF but remember it takes chevy per liter to do some justice what it takes honda to do with its NSX. Not saying power wise theres a difference. But race wise per liter i mean you would have to be dense not to acknolwdge that the car in its senior days still gets praised handeling wise to some of the highest rated cars out there. Honda still doesnt need to match the Z06s power to actually be in competition with it in races. Cant you appreciate when your in a z06 and a nsxr is right behind you in a GT race with less then half the displacement and no FI Im a vette fan in the current Le mans series and am just happy they wipped the floor with the vipers etc. But to say your not impressed with such a vehicle with decade old technology still being used to benchmark many exotics . You have to give it is due props. If honda realased a version with at least 100hp more and kept the weight. The z06s may not have owned as much as they did in some of the races. But right now besides the cts -v cars the z06s are really making aston martins etc look really bad lol. Much props.

Give me a break.

If you think the NSX-R is faster or as fast as a c6 Z06 around a course you are just horribly misinformed.

This is how both the Nsx-r and the new Z06 performed at the famous Nurbugring course in Germany:

7:42.9 - 160.207 km/h -- Corvette Z06, 500 PS/1319 kg,

8:09 --- 151.656 km/h -- Honda NSX-R, 320 PS/1467 kg

Freaking 26sec gap. What does that mean? The nsx-R wouldn't be able to see where the Z06 went around that course. The Vette would be gone. Bye. No contest.

Time to get back to earth for a second: The Nsx is a nice car I agree and it is still a very nice car. But it is not phenomenal anymore and should not be viewed as untouchable. I'm as big of a Honda fan as there is in the world, but I'm not blind.

This is 2007; there are quite a lot of cars today that can outperform an NSX, Type R or not.

Look up how many cars outperformed it on the Ring for yourselves:

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...10073&bottom=0

Last edited by kleefton; 04-13-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:51 PM
kleefton

Oh and by the way, look at how the regular NSX (276hp, I'm assuming the 3.0
l version) did against the 350z around the same course:

SURPRISE:

8:33.80 144.336 km/h -- Honda NSX (6-speed) Coupe, 276 PS (Top Gear magazine

8:26 --- 146.561 km/h -- Nissan 350Z, 280 PS/1526 kg (sport auto 10/03)
Old 04-13-2007, 08:51 PM
VelocityC6

Originally Posted by kleefton
Oh and by the way, look at how the regular NSX (276hp, I'm assuming the 3.0
l version) did against the 350z around the same course:

SURPRISE:

8:33.80 144.336 km/h -- Honda NSX (6-speed) Coupe, 276 PS (Top Gear magazine

8:26 --- 146.561 km/h -- Nissan 350Z, 280 PS/1526 kg (sport auto 10/03)
Horsepower means nothing.............

Pretty much sums up the point I've made about the NSX. Honda could've made the NSX much faster over it's run, but they didn't and as a result it's pretty much the slowest exotic you can buy.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:22 PM
MR_X

WOW lots of discussion going on here. I think I agree with the things said about the Vettes. I don't care about what car is faster at the track. That just more than hp, suspension is the biggest consideration there followed by weight. I take a NSX over a Z06 any day. I don't know about you guys but I don't buy a car just for its performance, I go for the whole package. Reason why I rather buy a $140k on a 997 TT than $80k on a fast POS. My boss has a Z06 and other than the motor is nothing. The interior is cheap and out dated, it reminds me of a Saturn. Seats reminds me of a 93 RX-7. I think GM need to do something about their interiors and not just in vettes.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:08 AM
RBlover69

Give me a break.

If you think the NSX-R is faster or as fast as a c6 Z06 around a course you are just horribly misinformed.

This is how both the Nsx-r and the new Z06 performed at the famous Nurbugring course in Germany:

Freaking 26sec gap. What does that mean? The nsx-R wouldn't be able to see where the Z06 went around that course. The Vette would be gone. Bye. No contest.

Time to get back to earth for a second: The Nsx is a nice car I agree and it is still a very nice car. But it is not phenomenal anymore and should not be viewed as untouchable. I'm as big of a Honda fan as there is in the world, but I'm not blind.

This is 2007; there are quite a lot of cars today that can outperform an NSX, Type R or not.

your missing my point the point is they compete on a z06s level. Also please compare the times you posted to the vette of the nsx's era. With displacement figures.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:54 AM
HDPDZO6

your missing my point the point is they compete on a z06s level. Also please compare the times you posted to the vette of the nsx's era. With displacement figures.
Both under 8 minutes for the C5 Z06 and Z51. Displacement figures are used for nothing more than ricer math.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:16 AM
kleefton

Why would you compare eras?

The point is the NSX is NO LONGER a great performer because of the current generation of cars that simply outdo it handily.

Even our lowly 350z did better than at least two NSX on that list. If the NSX was so great and so untouchable it shouldn't let a $30000 humble 350z own it on the Ring. And the nsx is faster than the Z in a straight line too.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:25 AM
PP White Z

Give me a break.

Are you a member at supercars.net?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 AM
michaeljr6

so..............what's the point of this thread?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:16 AM
cubu

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

Quick Reply: Why's the NSX faster?