Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Why's the NSX faster?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:44 AM
RBlover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
so..............what's the point of this thread?
no one knows. Everyone is in denial that the NSX-R is a amazing car for what it is. And that comparing the new Z06 to it which is insane considering there is no new NSX. No ones comparing the same year vette to the nsx of the same year i wonder why LOL. Funny thing is i been to pocono race way seen many races and met racers. Never once have i met anyone that said nothing bad about a nsx other then much needed power. lol. With a complete Carbon fiber body i really dont think people understand how ahead the car was for what it offered. And not one person acknolwdges the displacement difference inwhich is the only reason the vette advance farther in the race world. The Z06s handeling is amazing. But really if honda released a higher hp version of the NSX to compete with the vette and left the suspension the same virtually i think we would see a diff story. Bottom line the NSX-Rs power to weight and suspension setup is still something to look at and awe. The vette of the same year today does not exactly inspire the same feeling. Go see a 90s vette and then a nsx tell me whats more impresssive from a suspension stand point.

please dont tell me leaf springs are something to be amazed of please.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:53 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by RBlover69
no one knows. Everyone is in denial that the NSX-R is a amazing car for what it is. And that comparing the new Z06 to it which is insane considering there is no new NSX. No ones comparing the same year vette to the nsx of the same year i wonder why LOL. Funny thing is i been to pocono race way seen many races and met racers. Never once have i met anyone that said nothing bad about a nsx other then much needed power. lol. With a complete Carbon fiber body i really dont think people understand how ahead the car was for what it offered. And not one person acknolwdges the displacement difference inwhich is the only reason the vette advance farther in the race world. The Z06s handeling is amazing. But really if honda released a higher hp version of the NSX to compete with the vette and left the suspension the same virtually i think we would see a diff story. Bottom line the NSX-Rs power to weight and suspension setup is still something to look at and awe. The vette of the same year today does not exactly inspire the same feeling. Go see a 90s vette and then a nsx tell me whats more impresssive from a suspension stand point.

please dont tell me leaf springs are something to be amazed of please.
Are you saying the ZR1 and C5 Z06's didn't compare to the NSX? Those 2 vehicles are from the same era.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:52 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Are you saying the ZR1 and C5 Z06's didn't compare to the NSX? Those 2 vehicles are from the same era.
im saying they do compare and the times are close. But comparing the displacement and the times of those era to the nsx is my point there very close if not better weight wise to some extent. Thats my only point obviously the car has a disadvantage out the factory due to its power out put. But the point is no manufacturer american wise has a platform as unique as the nsx of its time to my knowledege.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:05 PM
michaeljr6

i'd rather have a unique car........

nsx ftw
Old 04-14-2007, 12:45 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
i'd rather have a unique car........
Which would explain you owning a 350Z...
Old 04-14-2007, 12:50 PM
RBlover69

a 350z is not that common certain areas lmao. Its getting there but its not altima status yet
Old 04-14-2007, 12:52 PM
HDPDZO6

a 350z is not that common certain areas lmao. Its getting there but its not altima status yet
I'm sure in some areas. Not here in Vegas though. Tons of Z's, vettes, vipers. Alot of the Z's I see out near my work are rentals.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:31 PM
RBlover69

^ i could imagine when i went to miami there were Z rentals 2 i felt bad because kids were ******* them. I was like ****ing *******s lmao.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:12 AM
mikhe

im saying they do compare and the times are close. But comparing the displacement and the times of those era to the nsx is my point there very close if not better weight wise to some extent. Thats my only point obviously the car has a disadvantage out the factory due to its power out put. But the point is no manufacturer american wise has a platform as unique as the nsx of its time to my knowledege.
Althought i love the NSX and would get it over most car in a heart beat because of its look and driving feel ( yes i drove it before And i would never get a vette.) your arguement is pretty one sided.

The point people were trying to make is with less money you can get something just as fast factory wise compared to NSX. Nobody is comparing displacement or what engine the car has because the comparsion here is only on stock performance.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:02 AM
RBlover69

thats understandable today i would say the New z06s are amazing handelers. And yea today you could get a new vette for cheaper or around the price of a z06+nsx depending. But thats comparing decades old technology. Will we be saying that when the new nsx comes out to rivial the new C6s. Thats my point yea its all good now to say that with a older car but when the new nsx comes out would you be able to say the same thing. Obviously not now because we dont know its characteristcs or anything about it really but i believe honda is going to out do itself suspension wise as it did a decade ago. American cars though the vette had a great suspension setup now as they always do preety much and are the pinnicale for american cars that handle. I cant see the vette holding itsn own against a newly developed NSX becasue you know hondas gonna up the HP dramatically and the suspension if already more expenive then a C6 because of all the CF. Imagine whats there going to do with the new one. I mean thats my point. A vette is a wonderfull le mans car etc. But to me its not as unique as teh nsx and will never be such a benchmark as the NSX has been to import and exotic culture. Ev0en though corvette racing history is is apart of american history. Its a more common vac so the appeal of it isnt as tastefull as something rare and not of the mold. Big displacment etc. But i hear ya.

the thing that corvette has down pack that i would say is on par with honda and there nsx is there gearing the z06s gearing is as perfect for its power as the nsx with its output. Both companies have gearing in these cars down to a science.

Last edited by RBlover69; 04-15-2007 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:59 PM
VelocityC6

thats understandable today i would say the New z06s are amazing handelers. And yea today you could get a new vette for cheaper or around the price of a z06+nsx depending. But thats comparing decades old technology. Will we be saying that when the new nsx comes out to rivial the new C6s. Thats my point yea its all good now to say that with a older car but when the new nsx comes out would you be able to say the same thing. Obviously not now because we dont know its characteristcs or anything about it really but i believe honda is going to out do itself suspension wise as it did a decade ago. American cars though the vette had a great suspension setup now as they always do preety much and are the pinnicale for american cars that handle. I cant see the vette holding itsn own against a newly developed NSX becasue you know hondas gonna up the HP dramatically and the suspension if already more expenive then a C6 because of all the CF. Imagine whats there going to do with the new one. I mean thats my point. A vette is a wonderfull le mans car etc. But to me its not as unique as teh nsx and will never be such a benchmark as the NSX has been to import and exotic culture. Ev0en though corvette racing history is is apart of american history. Its a more common vac so the appeal of it isnt as tastefull as something rare and not of the mold. Big displacment etc. But i hear ya.

the thing that corvette has down pack that i would say is on par with honda and there nsx is there gearing the z06s gearing is as perfect for its power as the nsx with its output. Both companies have gearing in these cars down to a science.
Well noone knows what the future holds for the NSX. What we do know is the vette will continue to develop, the Z07 or SS or whatever they are gonna call it is going to be lighter and much more powerfull then the current Z06. The bar continues to be raised while the NSX sits in limbo.

I'm curious to see how the new GT-R does.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:16 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by VelocityC6
Well noone knows what the future holds for the NSX. What we do know is the vette will continue to develop, the Z07 or SS or whatever they are gonna call it is going to be lighter and much more powerfull then the current Z06. The bar continues to be raised while the NSX sits in limbo.

I'm curious to see how the new GT-R does.
honda sells wether they have a sports car or not. Thats the kicker. Mean while the vette has already proved to not save chevys sales. The SS concept is one piece of work. If they aim that high it will be a nice tribute to american engineering. I am so dissapointed in the new GT500 from ford im glad chevy desided to make a better all around car and not just take on a blower. The nsx is in limbo because honeslty honda can release a new odessesy and sell more then any chevy car out there bar none .Its like do they wanna keep there race heritage now when its not selling. THe s2ks days are even obviously numbered. Chevy right now is deep into le mans etc GT racing so for that alone shows that there commited. I hope the GTR can attain its 450 ? horses and use that attessa system to its advantage. Because its gonna be in a world where a m3 has a super car motor in it and alot of big block high HP cars. Well we can only wait and see .
Old 04-15-2007, 07:46 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From a Technological point the NSX was ahead of its time, just like any 90's japanese sports cars, Supra, Rx-7 Z32TT, what I think seperated the NSX is its body design and materials used to construct the car! I think even people from Ferrari consulted on the cars design? I admit I love the NSX and I would much rather have it that the Uber Vette, just my 5 cents!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:36 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys need to also factor in the unique aspect of the nsx. It has a hand built aluminum body. It is considered a exotic car, not sports car. The engine, drivetrain, and suspension is that of a race car. Mid engine RWD platforms are awesome for track use. Look at the lotus exige, it's got 180hp but it can whoops cars that are 3x's the price and 3x's the power.

The nsx deserves a lot of credit. It was designed by the honda racing team. They are the ones that built the honda V10's in F1 racing. Corvettes are awesome but in a different class folks. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:19 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by 97supratt
Look at the lotus exige, it's got 180hp but it can whoops cars that are 3x's the price and 3x's the power.
Lotus has great power to weight ratio, which the NSX does not have.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:19 AM
RBlover69

^ you should see the SC NSX-Rs ones
Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Lotus has great power to weight ratio, which the NSX does not have.

I was referring to the MR setup, not the power to weight but since you want to discuss it, lets discuss it.

Here are some specs. Oh btw, the alex zinardi edition was 3k lbs.

In japan the type-s was even lighter. So 0-60 in 4.8 seconds and 1/4 mile in 13.2 for a 290hp car is bad?

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/...fo/zanardi.htm

http://www-atdp.berkeley.edu/9931/dfan/nsxspecs.html
Old 04-16-2007, 11:43 AM
S8ER95Z

I was referring to the MR setup, not the power to weight but since you want to discuss it, lets discuss it.

In japan the type-s was even lighter. So 0-60 in 4.8 seconds and 1/4 mile in 13.2 for a 290hp car is bad?
Not bad... I can match that with my 305hp car .. I also weigh a lot more.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:52 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Not bad... I can match that with my 305hp car .. I also weigh a lot more.
LS1?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:59 PM
HDPDZO6

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/...fo/zanardi.htm

http://www-atdp.berkeley.edu/9931/dfan/nsxspecs.html
I'm not saying the numbers are bad. Just saying not to compare the NXS with the Lotus (you mentioned the hp output). The Lotus has a much bettter HP/weight ratio over the NSX. A well driven Lotus Exige-S will chew up a well driven NSX on the track any day of the week, unlkess you're racing on an oval.

Quick Reply: Why's the NSX faster?