Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 AM
ajcool2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fowlman01
A little spinning is not a bad thing in my mind. More than a little is. The little spinning elimates the wheel hop.
I agree. I used to think that if my tires spun a little off the line I would have a bad run but it didnt turn out that way.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah exactly how i thought of it, my best run i felt like i spun alot, but thats when i pulled a 2.0 and a 13.7 so guess little spinning helps keep ya goin as long as your not hopping.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:49 PM
2007 Z

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
id say that 07 with 1.9 60ft. should be able to get 13.3., yeah basically playing around with tire pressure, and seemed to help till i launched higher then i got the wheel hop, but i did pull 2.0 with that pressure and no wheel hop with just little spinning off the line when i feathered it out from 3k.
I didn't make it... I couldn't hook up for anything tonight, no matter what I did with my tire pressure. Traction was so bad that I was even chirping the tires when I shifted from 3rd to 4th... that's really whacked because I don't even do that on the street when shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

Best run tonight:
r/t - .429
60' - 2.282
330 - 5.959
1/8 - 8.997
mph - 81.41
1000 - 11.562
1/4 - 13.747
mph - 102.24

But at least there were 2 other Z's there and a G35. I spent most of the night chatting with them and told them to look me up here.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:15 PM
tylerxfire

i am also chirping 3rd to 4th on the track, i hit second real hard and then 3rd pretty hard also, then chirp fourth and run through the trap in fourth. keep runnin it that 07's got more. 2.2 60ft. is where i was at, but now 2.1 and 2.0 after practice. how many times you been to the track in it?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:33 PM
2007 Z

i am also chirping 3rd to 4th on the track, i hit second real hard and then 3rd pretty hard also, then chirp fourth and run through the trap in fourth. keep runnin it that 07's got more. 2.2 60ft. is where i was at, but now 2.1 and 2.0 after practice. how many times you been to the track in it?
3-4 times. But the track prep just plain sucked. Even the bikes were turning sideways and having to let off. Notice the sig? I've already ran 2.0 60's.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:02 PM
garym

I finally got to run my 350Z at the drags, and of course I had problems.

1. 2006 350Z Touring
2. Automatic Transmission
3. Street tires
4. NA
5. NA
6. Bolt-ons - Plenum Spacer, Intake, and UTEC with tunes

Sno and OverZelous were there and watched me run.

The brand new ZEX window switch that I installed the day before, was defective and wouldn't turn the nitrous on. So I ran on motor only for the night.
I'll get the nitrous working and run it again with the 150-shot.

I wasn't even worrying about reaction times as it was just a run it as many times as you want night.

What I'm totally at a lost about, is my trap speeds and times.

The first pass had my fastest trap pf 109.68 mph, but only turned a 13.88 time.

Every pass seemed to slow down on the top end, but the final times got faster.
Don't figure

My best time was on the 4th run, but had the slowest trap speed.
I turned a 13.49 at 104.82

Here are the time slips:

Click to enlarge:

Best Run:

60ft - 2.184
1/8 - 8.80 at 84.14 mph

1/4 - 13.498
104.82 mph

Next time with the nitrous working, I hope to get into the low 12's.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:12 PM
garym

Oh Yeah!
And after a couple passes, my tranny got worse every time it was suppose to shift under full throttle.

I left it in Drive and it wouldn't self-shift when it was suppose to.
It would run the RPMS above 7000 before it would shift (should be at 6500).
I would have to take my foot off the gas to get it to shift.
I tried in manual mode and after I hit it, it would still take a full second before shifting.

My last run (Not Posted) was a 14.something because I had to let off the gas to get it to shift every gear.

Next day I drove it, it worked fine on a couple full throttle runs at home.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
ajcool2

Originally Posted by garym

1. 2006 350Z Touring
3. Street tires
4. NA
5. NA

The brand new ZEX window switch that I installed the day before, was defective and wouldn't turn the nitrous on. So I ran on motor only for the night.

I wasn't even worrying about reaction times as it was just a run it as many times as you want night.

Don't figure

Here are the time slips:

Click to enlarge:

Best Run:

60ft - 2.184
1/8 - 8.80 at 84.14 mph

1/4 - 13.498
104.82 mph

This is my goal for the season. All I need is a UTEC. Hopefully I'll have it in time for the world cup finals. Its good to see my future setup will work. Congrats.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:21 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

1. 2006 350Z Touring
3. Street tires
4. NA
5. NA

Don't figure

Here are the time slips:

Click to enlarge:

Best Run:

60ft - 2.184
1/8 - 8.80 at 84.14 mph

1/4 - 13.498
104.82 mph

A all-motor 350Z that traps 109.68 MPH? That's incredible.

There's a little rule around here that we haven't quite worked out.

If you are plumbed for nitrous then you are “nitrous.” Its the same as racing in a “6 cylinder with no power adder” class. If you are plumbed for nitrous then you cannot compete in that class. Doesn't matter if the nitrous is ON or OFF. Doesn't matter if a bottle is in the car.

You are “6 cylinder with power adder.”
Old 09-29-2008, 02:49 PM
tylerxfire

yeah trapping 109, na?, no way, gotta be spraying to trap that, no doubt about it, i consistently trap 101 to 102 in my 03 touring, with intake exhaust and plenum spacer, my best is a 13.7 at 101. something, but to trap that high no way. I don't think anyone is trapping that na with just few bolt on's at least.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:50 PM
tylerxfire

i would say the spray was working and you are just upset with the times with the spray. maybe not but damn i just can't see that trap happening.look at the times on here in the top listings on nitrous there traps are around 109 and na around 102 with few bolt ons

Last edited by tylerxfire; 09-29-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:06 PM
garym

Originally Posted by davidv
A all-motor 350Z that traps 109.68 MPH? That's incredible.

There's a little rule around here that we haven't quite worked out.

If you are plumbed for nitrous then you are “nitrous.” Its the same as racing in a “6 cylinder with no power adder” class. If you are plumbed for nitrous then you cannot compete in that class. Doesn't matter if the nitrous is ON or OFF. Doesn't matter if a bottle is in the car.

You are “6 cylinder with power adder.”
I noticed that the time slip with the 109mph on it, has the car number 1405E, not 1406E. so it was for the Camaro that checked-in in front of me.
I wasn't sure if it was mine or not, so I drew a line through it and used it.
They gave me the wrong slip on the return road. So I really didn't trap at 109.

But if that's the rules, then I'll abide by them.
I'm not going to contest rules.
I'll wait till I have the nitrous working and run again.

Sno and OverZealous were there, and they would have known if I had run nitrous.
There was no way in hell I was going to run a 150-shot of nitrous without a window switch.
And believe me, if I had run the nitrous, I wouldn't of been turning mid to high 13's with a 150 shot.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:27 PM
garym

yeah trapping 109, na?, no way, gotta be spraying to trap that, no doubt about it, i consistently trap 101 to 102 in my 03 touring, with intake exhaust and plenum spacer, my best is a 13.7 at 101. something, but to trap that high no way. I don't think anyone is trapping that na with just few bolt on's at least.
I'm sure your right about no way did I do 109 trap.

I wasn't sure if that slip was mine because it had the wrong car # on it, but I thought it might be because it was the first slip they gave me, so I had nothing to compare it to. So I drew a line threw the car number when I circled it, and used it.

I honestly never sprayed, but I'll prove it when I get it working and I do spray next time.

No need to bash me and call me a liar.
I respect all of you and your opinions.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:00 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I noticed that the time slip with the 109mph on it, has the car number 1405E, not 1406E. so it was for the Camaro that checked-in in front of me.
I wasn't sure if it was mine or not, so I drew a line through it and used it.
They gave me the wrong slip on the return road. So I really didn't trap at 109.

But if that's the rules, then I'll abide by them.
I'm not going to contest rules.
I'll wait till I have the nitrous working and run again.

Sno and OverZealous were there, and they would have known if I had run nitrous.
There was no way in hell I was going to run a 150-shot of nitrous without a window switch.
And believe me, if I had run the nitrous, I wouldn't of been turning mid to high 13's with a 150 shot.
You are a straight-up guy. The nitrous no-nitrous rule is a bit ambiguous. Like yourself, I will accept any decision by aceman and 3hree5ive0ero.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:15 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I don't think I can add those times in any category.

The trap speeds don't make any sense at all. I'm not blaming you, but the first time slips has the numbers "crossed out" in a convenient location where it's not very distinguishable (your number, that is). Also, your other time slips make no sense. I've never seen an auto trap so high with such little mods, even with a tune. Anything above 105 is nearly impossible (I have 4 performance mods with no tune and the highest I've trapped was 104.98). To make things more unbelievable, you did it 13.4? Not to mention, you claimed transmission problems.

If anything, your nitrous was working but with decreasing pressure, hence the high trap. And your faster times could be due to traction gains from decreasing nitrous pressure. That would also explain your auto not shifting as well.

Again, please, don't take my post as an accusational one. I'm just confused and trying to sort it out logically.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:34 PM
tylerxfire

yeah same here, i was gonna say damn my car is a turd, lol, anyway i see now what happened, but still seems like if two people were there watching they would have known that wasn't the slip, they must have seen the real numbers on the screen so idk. . seems like you would have known your times and known that wasn't it on the ticket.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh Yeah!
And after a couple passes, my tranny got worse every time it was suppose to shift under full throttle.

I left it in Drive and it wouldn't self-shift when it was suppose to.
It would run the RPMS above 7000 before it would shift (should be at 6500).
I would have to take my foot off the gas to get it to shift.
I tried in manual mode and after I hit it, it would still take a full second before shifting.

My last run (Not Posted) was a 14.something because I had to let off the gas to get it to shift every gear.

Next day I drove it, it worked fine on a couple full throttle runs at home.

I have had these same issues with the shifting. It will delay the shift in auto or manual mode between 1 and 2 seconds, randomly. Once it starts, it doesn't get better until you turn off the car for abou 1-2 minutes and then turn it back on. Once the ECU has reset, then it goes away and it drives correctly. I don't know why it does this and I can't find any information on this issue and my builders and tuners have no idea either. We have some theories, but nothing we've tried will get rid of the problem. Oh, and mine's a built tranny from SGP and a built motor with TT. I think it has something to do with the stock ECU delaying the shift for some reason. I'm not too concerned, since there are no related CEL/SES codes being tripped and it goes away when I power cycle. If you have any information on correcting this, please let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll do the same.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:25 PM
ajcool2

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I don't think I can add those times in any category.

The trap speeds don't make any sense at all. I'm not blaming you, but the first time slips has the numbers "crossed out" in a convenient location where it's not very distinguishable (your number, that is). Also, your other time slips make no sense. I've never seen an auto trap so high with such little mods, even with a tune. Anything above 105 is nearly impossible (I have 4 performance mods with no tune and the highest I've trapped was 104.98). To make things more unbelievable, you did it 13.4? Not to mention, you claimed transmission problems.

If anything, your nitrous was working but with decreasing pressure, hence the high trap. And your faster times could be due to traction gains from decreasing nitrous pressure. That would also explain your auto not shifting as well.

Again, please, don't take my post as an accusational one. I'm just confused and trying to sort it out logically.
I beleive he ran 13.4@104 all motor and if he was sprying during that run his trap speed would be alot higher. It sucks his time wont make the list since you dont see alot of auto get good time slike this. I guess I'll hold off on my nitrous install so I can run these times and prove everybody wrong.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:28 PM
ajcool2

yeah same here, i was gonna say damn my car is a turd, lol, anyway i see now what happened, but still seems like if two people were there watching they would have known that wasn't the slip, they must have seen the real numbers on the screen so idk. . seems like you would have known your times and known that wasn't it on the ticket.
Yeah this happened to me a couple of times at the track. I had to find the person I raced to find out my time.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
2007 Z

Originally Posted by ajcool2
Yeah this happened to me a couple of times at the track. I had to find the person I raced to find out my time.
When in doubt, go to the tower.

Quick Reply: Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )