Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:04 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I have had these same issues with the shifting. It will delay the shift in auto or manual mode between 1 and 2 seconds, randomly. Once it starts, it doesn't get better until you turn off the car for abou 1-2 minutes and then turn it back on. Once the ECU has reset, then it goes away and it drives correctly. I don't know why it does this and I can't find any information on this issue and my builders and tuners have no idea either. We have some theories, but nothing we've tried will get rid of the problem. Oh, and mine's a built tranny from SGP and a built motor with TT. I think it has something to do with the stock ECU delaying the shift for some reason. I'm not too concerned, since there are no related CEL/SES codes being tripped and it goes away when I power cycle. If you have any information on correcting this, please let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll do the same.
I have a similar problem. Shifts too slow in manual mode so if you keep it floored it will hit the rev limiter during shifts. I have a Stillen shift kit in mine, but shifting while WOT takes forever compared to the instant shifts I had while stock. I have the stock ECU with a Vortech piggyback unit to manage the S/C. I would love to find a fix. I lose about 1/10 or more on each shift when it hits the rev limiter. I'm going to try lifting the throttle next time out, but that will be slow too.

Last edited by fowlman01; 09-29-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcool2
I beleive he ran 13.4@104 all motor and if he was sprying during that run his trap speed would be alot higher. It sucks his time wont make the list since you dont see alot of auto get good time slike this. I guess I'll hold off on my nitrous install so I can run these times and prove everybody wrong.
Explain how an N/A DE Z can trap 107.43 and 107.99, then. Those trap speeds are good for mid-high 12s assuming there's loads of traction.

The 13.4@104 isn't all that implausible. However, until I see some solid evidence to back up the 13.4, I'll hold off on adding the time to the list.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:34 PM
garym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
yeah same here, i was gonna say damn my car is a turd, lol, anyway i see now what happened, but still seems like if two people were there watching they would have known that wasn't the slip, they must have seen the real numbers on the screen so idk. . seems like you would have known your times and known that wasn't it on the ticket.
I made a total of 8 passes, but only posted 4 because the other for were all betwen 13.6 and 13.8. Sno and OverZealous got there after I made the first 2 or 3 passes. They watched me the rest of the night.

This was NOT a regular event. It was just a test and tune night, so we just pulled up to the lights in pairs and ran.

And you can anyone that runs the 1/4 at PIR, the racer does NOT get to see his time until he gets the ticket.
The track is set up for mainly 1/8 mile, so the info is just pass the 1/8 mile mark.
So racers have no way of know if the slip matches the board.

Last edited by garym; 09-29-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fowlman01
I have a similar problem. Shifts too slow in manual mode so if you keep it floored it will hit the rev limiter during shifts. I have a Stillen shift kit in mine, but shifting while WOT takes forever compared to the instant shifts I had while stock. I have the stock ECU with a Vortech piggyback unit to manage the S/C. I would love to find a fix. I lose about 1/10 or more on each shift when it hits the rev limiter. I'm going to try lifting the throttle next time out, but that will be slow too.
I did find a good fix for the rev limit issue, though. You can reflash your ECU at technosquare to increase the rev limit. I raised mine to 8000 RPM. It has done miracles for my shifting and overall power band. The main word of advice, however, if you do this, make sure they ONLY do the rev limit, NOTHING else. Since you have the piggyback unit, they can do what they call a "limited spec" reflash, but this totally screwed up my car at WOT. It is going back to technosquare to undo this portion and just keep the higher rev limit.

The shifting delay is not all the time on my car. I'd say it occurs about 1/20 times I drive it. I just pull over and power cycle and it goes away.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I did find a good fix for the rev limit issue, though. You can reflash your ECU at technosquare to increase the rev limit. I raised mine to 8000 RPM. It has done miracles for my shifting and overall power band. The main word of advice, however, if you do this, make sure they ONLY do the rev limit, NOTHING else. Since you have the piggyback unit, they can do what they call a "limited spec" reflash, but this totally screwed up my car at WOT. It is going back to technosquare to undo this portion and just keep the higher rev limit.

The shifting delay is not all the time on my car. I'd say it occurs about 1/20 times I drive it. I just pull over and power cycle and it goes away.
I thought of that, but as long as it shifts slow it is going to hit the rev limiter if I am at WOT during shifts. just driving around is no problem and I can even get on it pretty good if I short shift at 4500 or so and it will bang the gears like it did when it was stock. (tires chirpping in second and third)
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
garym

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I don't think I can add those times in any category.

The trap speeds don't make any sense at all. I'm not blaming you, but the first time slips has the numbers "crossed out" in a convenient location where it's not very distinguishable (your number, that is). Also, your other time slips make no sense. I've never seen an auto trap so high with such little mods, even with a tune. Anything above 105 is nearly impossible (I have 4 performance mods with no tune and the highest I've trapped was 104.98). To make things more unbelievable, you did it 13.4? Not to mention, you claimed transmission problems.

If anything, your nitrous was working but with decreasing pressure, hence the high trap. And your faster times could be due to traction gains from decreasing nitrous pressure. That would also explain your auto not shifting as well.

Again, please, don't take my post as an accusational one. I'm just confused and trying to sort it out logically.
It's all cool 3hree5ive0ero.
I don't want you to consider any of my times, to much confusion.

I understand the disbeliefe because I posted that 109mph trap slip that I kinda figured wasn't mine, but I thought it looked kewl.
Didn't think it would cause all the fuss.
I had crossed out the car number before I posted it so evryone would think it was mine.
If you zoom in on it, you can tell it is a 5 and not a 6.
I thought it was being kewl, But I just made a DUMBASS outta myself.
YES, I admit that I figured it wasn't my slip when I looked closely at it before posting it and saw it had a different #, but I thought it would look badass.

I made 8 passes, and 6 of them were between 13.6-13.8.
Truth be told, since this was just a test and tune and there were only a couple of track people there, I wouldn't doubt that on the 14.4 slip, they had put the numbers in the wrong lanes. I don't even remember if I was first or second at the line. Just wasn't paying attention to who got there first cause we weren't racing each other, just ourselves. And I was having shifting problems now and then, the slower time could be mine, and I was taking credit for the 14.4.
But I can say that the 13.6-13.8 times I ran were truly mine.

As I've mentioned to you before in other conversations 3hree5ive0ero, I work for the largest automotive parts warehouse in the NW.
I have over 300 vendors, and I have some things on the car that I got for free to test from vendors, some of them haven't even been released.
I've put on some specieal coil packs and other little bolt ons, but nothing that is a proven HP gain, yet.
I have the coolest job because I do get tons of free auto parts and un-released items.

My question to you 3hree5ive0ero is this,
if I hadn't been a dubmass and posted that slip that wasn't mine, and if that 14.4 is possibly not my time, would there have been an issue considering that some of the other racers Bolt-on times had trapped 103 - 107 mph?

Such as:

19. Shifty711 -------------------05 35th 6spd 13.557@103.39mph 2.081 60ft Street
20. Supra Crazy -----------------03 Trac 6spd 13.572@107.10mph 2.175 60ft Street

Just an observation.

Last edited by garym; 09-29-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:22 PM
garym

Explain how an N/A DE Z can trap 107.43 and 107.99, then. Those trap speeds are good for mid-high 12s assuming there's loads of traction.

The 13.4@104 isn't all that implausible. However, until I see some solid evidence to back up the 13.4, I'll hold off on adding the time to the list.
I agree 100% with you.
Don't even consider it.

I think my true best times are the 13.6-13.8 times I have on 6 of the slips.
I really think they have the car numbers backwards on the 13.4 time cause I was blown away about the time since I knew I was having shifting troubles.
And as stated above, I knew the 109mph wasn't mine when I was getting ready to post it.

I'll wait till I run it with the nitrous working and I can redeem myself with the 150 shot.

I am sorry to stir up so much controversy.
My sincere apologies.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:29 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by garym
As I've mentioned to you before in other conversations 3hree5ive0ero, I work for the largest automotive parts warehouse in the NW.
I have over 300 vendors, and I have some things on the car that I got for free to test from vendors, some of them haven't even been released.
I've put on some specieal coil packs and other little bolt ons, but nothing that is a proven HP gain, yet.
I have the coolest job because I do get tons of free auto parts and un-released items.
I definitely remember that, just forgot it was you. Can I get some freebies too?

My question to you 3hree5ive0ero is this,
if I hadn't been a dubmass and posted that slip that wasn't mine, and if that 14.4 is possibly not my time, would there have been an issue considering that some of the other racers Bolt-on times had trapped 103 - 107 mph?

Such as:

19. Shifty711 -------------------05 35th 6spd 13.557@103.39mph 2.081 60ft Street
20. Supra Crazy -----------------03 Trac 6spd 13.572@107.10mph 2.175 60ft Street
The thing with them is, they're more modded than you, coupled with a manual transmission which has less drivetrain loss. I wouldn't doubt that a DE could trap higher than 107, as it has been proven by a few people. However, not very many get to that point, even with all the bolt-ons. Also, it is possible that they achieved those times with better DAs that what you're probably experiencing in late September. I know I've pulled multiple 13.5s@103-105 on street tires, so I wasn't doubting the plausibility, but rather the validity of your track's time slips, considering the troubles you've experienced at the track. Hope that explains where I was coming from.

Just an observation.
Originally Posted by garym
I agree 100% with you.
Don't even consider it.

I think my true best times are the 13.6-13.8 times I have on 6 of the slips.
I really think they have the car numbers backwards on the 13.4 time cause I was blown away about the time since I knew I was having shifting troubles.
And as stated above, I knew the 109mph wasn't mine when I was getting ready to post it.

I'll wait till I run it with the nitrous working and I can redeem myself with the 150 shot.
With a 150 shot, you'd better be doing at the very least low-mid 12s on street tires. If you can get a hold of some stickier tires (after you've gained a bit more experience on street tires N/A, of course ), you should be looking at 11s.

I am sorry to stir up so much controversy.
My sincere apologies.
My responses are in bolded red.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:00 AM
nismo-kidz33

hmmm... my fastest time at the track would be 14.19 with .9 something reaction time. bone stock. I wonder how much performance is actually affected if any, since i live in hawaii, compared to the tracks in the mainland.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:49 AM
garym

Thanks for the explanation 3hree5ive0ero, and I appreciate anything you have to say.

Like I said, I pretty much knew that one slip wasn't mine, but I thought WTH.
Didn't think about how observant everyone is.

As for my mods, I have just about every bolt-on I could find except exhaust. The '06 has a good stock exhaust, and I want it to be a sleeper, so I kept it stock.

And I don't know if it matters, but I had put 5 gallons of my 110 octane racing fuel I use in my Chevelle. So I was running higher octane also.

I've been drag racing my 667whp 1968 Chevelle SS396 for over 20 years, so I do have drag experience.
I'm just new to the whole Import scene.
I've been building muscle cars and motors since I was in high school back in the 80's. I've even pitted for a top fuel dragster, and for my old boss and his 2-time national record holding 305 limited hydro boat.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 AM
garym

Hmmm,
I had moved my rev limiter from the 6600 to 7200.
I was playing with my tranny this morning on the way to work, and I found something.
My tranny shifts fine under full throttle until I turn off the TCS (which I always leave on when daily driving).
Once I turned off TCS, it pushes up to the 7200 before it tries to shift.

Is this normal for these cars?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:28 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Gary, hurry up and get some stickies then! I'd love to see some more nitrous times from the Z guys - we're severely lacking in numbers. I expect no less than 11.9.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:59 PM
garym

Gary, hurry up and get some stickies then! I'd love to see some more nitrous times from the Z guys - we're severely lacking in numbers. I expect no less than 11.9.
LMAO!
We'll see since this season is pretty much over.
Unless we have some good weekend weather here in Oregon in October, they won't open the track. And as of today, it's raining right now.

Plus I have to figure out what to do about a Window Switch since I'm on my 3rd ZEX switch in a year (last 2 replacements have been total duds).
They won't give me my money back so I can buy another brand, only an online ZEX credit.
And I WILL NOT run nitrous without one.
I'll have to see if any of the performance vendors we deal with have anything yet so I can get one cheap or free.

I guarantee you I'll be in the 12's, but I doubt it will run 11's.

My 4000lb Chevelle SS396 only runs 10.7's putting almost 670whp down, and I doubt the 3550lb 350Z (plus my 210lb FAT A$$) at less then 400whp, can hit 11's.

If I do hit 11's, I'll eat one of my hats on video.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:20 PM
ajcool2

I was referring to the 13.4 run only. Hopefully he can get a slip up so his time will be added.

Edit: Just read the rest. 13.6 still isnt bad I guess.

Last edited by ajcool2; 09-30-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

And that is the premise of my previous post. Can a nitrous member post time slips and say

This is a nitrous time slip and This is a no-nitrous time slip?

In other words can you go back and forth between all motor and forced induction?
Old 09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by davidv
And that is the premise of my previous post. Can a nitrous member post time slips and say

In other words can you go back and forth between all motor and forced induction?
Good question. My bolt on time and my nitrous time are from the same day. Come to think of it, I think I'd rather have my first bolt on time on the list though. The one I did before the bottle was installed. The ET is slightly higher, but the trap was much better. 13.424@105.02mph

This was done on drag radials, and with alot less bolt ons. Personally I think its a little more impressive then the 13.3@103 I ran with more bolt ons and slicks.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:11 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I definitely understand where you're coming from Dave. However, if people so choose, they can always post fake time slips or one that isn't theirs. They can also lie about being on slicks/DRs.

I think it all comes down to their integrity and ethics.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:12 PM
ajcool2

I think it would suck if we couldnt post improved n/a times just because you installed nitrous.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Integrity
Banned

I definitely understand where you're coming from Dave. However, if people so choose, they can always post fake time slips or one that isn't theirs. They can also lie about being on slicks/DRs.

I think it all comes down to their integrity and ethics.
Integrity Rocks! LOL.

Hey 3hree5ive0ero, can you update my N/A time on the Bolt Ons list. I rather have the slightly slower ET with the much better trap listed.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:44 PM
garym

Originally Posted by ajcool2
I think it would suck if we couldnt post improved n/a times just because you installed nitrous.
I did not know of the rule that if you have nitrous installed, but say that you are running NA only, that you are not eligible to post for NA times.

If I had know that, I would have never posted and would have waited till I could run with nitrous.

I respect the rules and 3hree5ive0ero, so I withdrew my slips for the NA field.

I'll wait until I get to run with the nitrous working so there is no doubt.

I think it's kewl that they even offer the opportunity to get your name and times posted.

Quick Reply: Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )