Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 08:05 PM
GFrnk69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question

Ok i feel like a retard, i've tried searching on how to pull the brake fuse for 30 mins and can't find anything. Can someone please post a link on how to.
thanks

-Frank
Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why do you want to disable the brakes?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:14 PM
GFrnk69

Originally Posted by davidv
Why do you want to disable the brakes?
I dont want to disable them, i want to heat my DRs up more than 2 secs. Everytime i press on the brakes while burning out the engine dies. How to i stop the engine from dying?

-Frank
Old 01-28-2007, 08:15 PM
QuicksilverZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mayby he means the "brake lamp" fuse...in order to disable the car form cutting the power while trying to do a standstill burnout...that would be the only reason for doing this...and in that case...the fuse panel is right next to the clutch...remove the cover...find the correct fuse by looking ON THE BACK of the fuse panel cover which has a diagram of the fuses and their locations...its not hard at all
Old 01-28-2007, 08:17 PM
QuicksilverZ33

Originally Posted by 350JAR
Mayby he means the "brake lamp" fuse...in order to disable the car form cutting the power while trying to do a standstill burnout...that would be the only reason for doing this...and in that case...the fuse panel is right next to the clutch...remove the cover...find the correct fuse by looking ON THE BACK of the fuse panel cover which has a diagram of the fuses and their locations...its not hard at all
I'de take pics but im lazy...I believe its the 3rd fuse from the front of the car on the bottom row...use the fuse puller in the middle of the panel to remove it...the whole procedure takes approx 8 seconds
Old 01-28-2007, 08:49 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by GFrnk69
I dont want to disable them, i want to heat my DRs up more than 2 secs. Everytime i press on the brakes while burning out the engine dies. How to i stop the engine from dying?

-Frank
Pulling the brake light fuse allows automatic racers to power brake. I know of no reason why a manual driver would disable the brake lights. I never have.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:04 PM
GFrnk69

Pulling the brake light fuse allows automatic racers to power brake. I know of no reason why a manual driver would disable the brake lights. I never have.
Well it's kind of hard to heat up my DRs, everytime im in the waterbox and the rear tires spin the car moves forward in 1-2secs, not very effective IMO.

So i figured if i remove the rear brake light fuse, i can hold the brake down, allowing me to heat my DRs up a little bit longer than before.
Right?

-Frank
Old 01-28-2007, 10:10 PM
bacalhau16

Thats what I have always heard. Im a little confused now that davidv is disagreeing with this and all, but Im pretty sure Ive have heard Jeremy and Alberto recommend doing this to people who have drs to heat them up a bit. Im sure they will find this thread and give their input as well.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:22 AM
QuicksilverZ33

Not only have I heard that this works...I have experienced this problem...removing the fuse allows the car to do a stand still burnout...I've tried before with the fuse in and you can only go so much before the car dies...and I do have 6mt btw
Old 01-29-2007, 02:24 AM
QuicksilverZ33

Originally Posted by GFrnk69
Well it's kind of hard to heat up my DRs, everytime im in the waterbox and the rear tires spin the car moves forward in 1-2secs, not very effective IMO.

So i figured if i remove the rear brake light fuse, i can hold the brake down, allowing me to heat my DRs up a little bit longer than before.
Right?

-Frank
Correct
Old 01-29-2007, 05:19 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow davidv, you dont pull that, thats pretty crazy but i guess you are always on street tires so it doesnt matter.

look in the kick panel fuse box by your left foot . there is a 10 amp fuse labeled stop lamp, just pull it out, it will disable your brake lights though so only do it at the track.

you cant push the brake and the gas at the same time in these cars, it kills the power to the engine. i do this every time i am at the track doing a standing burnout.

good luck!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:30 AM
davidv

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
wow davidv, you dont pull that, thats pretty crazy but i guess you are always on street tires so it doesnt matter.

look in the kick panel fuse box by your left foot . there is a 10 amp fuse labeled stop lamp, just pull it out, it will disable your brake lights though so only do it at the track.

you cant push the brake and the gas at the same time in these cars, it kills the power to the engine. i do this every time i am at the track doing a standing burnout.

good luck!!!
I know that this technique is necessary for the automatic, but had no idea it was so popular for the manual. I do race with street tires. I spin the tires before staging, but of course not a smoking burnout. And I’m cautious at the staging light with power braking because of the risk of a red light.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:31 AM
GFrnk69

Yea, thanks it worked big time.

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem

good luck!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 PM
95snoozer

to heat up slicks or DRs

nittos need a good 4+ second burnout to get hot enough.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:08 PM
GFrnk69

I know that this technique is necessary for the automatic, but had no idea it was so popular for the manual. I do race with street tires. I spin the tires before staging, but of course not a smoking burnout. And I’m cautious at the staging light with power braking because of the risk of a red light.
Davidv,

it's not for power braking at the tree, it's for when ur in the water box u can heat up ur slicks or DRs. If u dont pull the fuse u can't press the brake while in the water box or the engine will slowly die, causing ur tires not to warm up.