Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Tuners Against Street Racing Event. July21.2007 @JRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:19 AM
msequence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuners Against Street Racing Event. July21.2007 @JRP

Team International Allstars Canada and JRP Presents "Tuners Against Street Racing" "Keeping the Streets Safe"

"Charity Automotive Enthusiast Event"
Host: Team International Allstars and JRP
Type: Education - Workshop

Time and Place Date: Saturday, July 21, 2007
Time: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Street: 2344 South Sheridan Way
City/Town: Mississauga, ON

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...sissauga%2C+ON

Contact Info Phone: 905.822.7223
Email: celina.marketing@rogers.com

The Reason behind the Event "Promote safe modification awareness by Automotive Enthusiasts and Racing in a Controlled safe race track environment with proper education."

Being a mentor to younger generations, and educating starting young is important for a better society. These mentors are responsible for setting role models and expectations to be followed. In the tuner industry respectable organizations and dealers of performance parts should be the mentors for the future vehicle tuners.

Car tuning is an industry and a hobby, for many, which can be very expensive and time consuming. The objectives are to improve the car’s performance and handling to better suit the owners driving style. Tuning has become a way to personalize the characteristics of the vehicle to the owner’s preference. Tuning also includes modifying the exterior of the car to improve aerodynamic and appearance. All modifications should meet legal requirements.

Individuals, who choose to tune their vehicles, often take pride in their work and would not take the risk of damaging their cars; most tuned cars are not driven often and some times have to be trailed to different locations. These individuals often are members of car clubs. In these clubs special events and cruises are planned, so they can enjoy their rides in a safe environment.

Movies such as “The Fast and the Furious” and video games, have glamorized street racing therefore encouraging a lot of young people to modify their cars, without being educated about the tuner industry. This negative media has damaged the image of the tuner industry and individuals who are part of it.

Many events out there eg. Canadian Sport Compact Series (CSCS - cscs.ca), or Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship(touringcar.ca) show and encourage individuals to “prove it at the track” in a safe environment. These events usualy consist of a Show and Shine, Drag Racing, Lapping, and Drifting, as well as Touring Car circuit racing, and welcome everyone from amateurs to professionals. Participating in these events gives the enthusiast an opportunity to test their vehicle against time or competitors away from the streets and in a controlled, safe environment.

There are many more organizations within the tuner industry with the same objective. There are schools where you can bring your vehicle and learn how to race, take you car to the track, and have the experience of riding with a professional racer.

Street racing can be planned however most of the time an action of impulse. Street racers do not usually think of the consequences of their actions. Their main focus is on winning the race forgetting that they are sharing the roads with other individuals. This mind set must be changed with proper education, and awarness of the various options available out there.

The important thing to remember is that a tuner is not always a street racer; they are the ones who are the most unlikely to street race, since they are educated on this industry and have opportunities to test theirs car in safe environments, and compete with cars at their levels, therefore having a real challenge.

It is hard to identify street racers since their actions are based on impulse, but one thing is for sure, they are new to this industry and require guidence and proper education.

Event Objectives:
- To change the current perception created by negative media regarding the tuner industry and its relation to street racing
- Provide a fun event full of activities for everyone and at the same time provide the general public with an opportunity to learn about the tuner industry
- Change the mind set of “street racers” and encourage them to leave the streets and go to race tracks, keeping the streets safe. If you have something to prove go to the track!
-Take this opportunity to get involved with giving back to the community by supporting a charity

Speakers:
Hostess
-Official International Allstars Spoke Models (confirmed)
Special Guests
- Keith Losier –Part of The Auto Dream Group – responsible for some of the best custom vehicles builds and concepts in the industry(confirmed)
-Valerie Kabouris – Founder and owner of Baby Doll Performance – guest at the TV show Unique Whips from SPEEDTV (confirmed)

Entertainment:
- Live Music :
Emcee and Recording Artist from Toronto, Marsonist, will be performing to his own lyrics and beats. His favourite genres of music include Hip-Hop, Jungle, and Reggae. www.myspace.com/themarsonistmon (confirmed)
-Live Band (tbc)
-DJ + Other guest Djs:
DJ and music producer from Toronto Msequence will keep the day lively with his music. Will play whatever moves the crowd. www.msequence.com + Guest DJS(confirmed)
-Dancing:
Dancers will be performing hip hop and break dancing. (tbc)

-Meet Industry Professionals and get educated right from the source
-Media
-Contests to test your knowledge of Vehicle Safety
-Prizes
-Raffle Draw
-Games
-Tuner Education Workshops
-Lots of Fun

30 to 50 of the best cars in the industry will be judged by qualified volunteers, competing for a chance to win best of their respected category and receive a trophy. Category winners will be awarded at the end of the event by some of International Allstars spoke models.

Categories shall consist of:
- Best of Show
- Best Paint
- Best Ice
- Best Car Club
- Best Japanese/JDM
- Best Mazda
- Best Toyota
- Best Hyundai
- Best Celica
- Best Subaru
- Best Nissan
- Best Honda Civic
- Best Honda Other
- Best Acura
- Best Domestic
- Best Ford Mustang
- Best Chrysler/Dodge
- Best European
- Best Import Other
- Best Full Size Truck
- Best Mini Truck
- Best Female Ride
- Best SUV
- Best Bike

Please note, if any 5+ vehicles of same make pre-register will receive their own class. eg. 5+ MINI show up we will create a MINI class etc.

Vehicle Roll-in - 10AM - 11AM

Competitors - $15 registration fee
Register Early Limited Spaces - goodie bags

Spectators - $2
FREE for Any Big Brother and Big Sister and children under 12 Years of Age.

Vehicle Registrations have now begun.

To register please send email to:

tasr.registrations@rogers.com

Include:
1. Your First and Last Name
2. Vehicle, Make, Model, Year
3. Club Affiliation
(5 or more get discount rate)

Register early to get a goodie bag when you roll in.

NOW oficially a General Tires Street Concepts Point Event for more information check out www.streetconcepts.com.

-Please respect the fact that this is a Family Event for everyone as well so proper manners are expected.
-In support of Big Brothers and Big Sisters

Old 07-05-2007, 08:38 AM
noodleman

Sounds fun! should we get a list going so we can pre-register? I'm in! I wonder if i should compete hahaha.

1. noodleman
Old 07-05-2007, 08:45 AM
rsquadron

Default R-squadron attending....

1. noodleman
2. rsquadron
3. ivory_g35

Originally Posted by noodleman
Sounds fun! should we get a list going so we can pre-register? I'm in! I wonder if i should compete hahaha.

1. noodleman
2. rsquadron
3. ivory_g35
Old 07-05-2007, 08:46 AM
msequence

Originally Posted by noodleman

1. noodleman
Make sure guys that once the list is done that you forward it to our email
tasr.registrations@rogers.com

This way we know where to park you guys and have a list when you roll in so we check you off. U pay at the door, if we have 5+more cars its $10/Pop.

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:57 AM
xdragus

can I park with the other Zs but not compete? my Z is too ugly at this point haha ;p

just want to come show support and chillax.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:15 AM
msequence

Originally Posted by xdragus
can I park with the other Zs but not compete? my Z is too ugly at this point haha ;p

just want to come show support and chillax.
I agree with you, however the space is limited at JRP, depending on the amount of cars I dont see why not. Even if your car is not the best looking, as I doubt any 350Z would be, but anyway, u should enter just to support the charity.

Matt
Old 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM
xdragus

do we have to be there a certain time?

i prob. can't make it till 1pm...got my tinting appointment that day as well but i def. want to come support the charity.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Smasher

Count me in.

Stav if your listening rush me that body kit so I can get installed in time for the show.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:27 AM
msequence

Roll in is 10-11 for show and shine participants. Once the lot is filled by JRP premises, u can sill come out to the show, however u will not be able to park with the rest of the 350Z crew. Of course we will try to make sure that if there is a way than we will park you with the 350 Krew, if not you can still come out and spectate but you will have to park outside of JRP.

Matt
Old 07-05-2007, 04:38 PM
stav
Banned

Smasher, I'll see if I can put more of a rush on it for you, I would really like to priemier the car at this event if possible! I will be posting pics of the progress everyday, and finally dispell the myths of the APS TT kit and the tunning I see posted once in a while.

Everyone should come out, it is the first major event we are holding at our facility and it will be great to finally hear another voice about this "street racing" that is suposedley going on in the middle of day in moms Pontiac! Back in my days we simply called it "Careless Driving" any of you remember when they called it that

Keep in mind guys this is our hobby, and we need to speak up!

All revenue is also going to Big brother of Mississauga, lets make it a great charity event

Last edited by stav; 07-05-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Smasher

Wow premier my car, that would be an honour. I will have to look for a bow tie to fit the car hehe.

No worries though I just look forward to coming to the event and pics of the progress would be sweet.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:22 PM
stav
Banned

Smile

Just a reminder, 11-6 tommorow 120 cars pre-registered! SUBARU CLUB, Mazda Club , Guelph Racing Club etc.we will also have a portable dyno, newspaper/City TV coverage, and a nice summer day, games etc. See you tomorrow
Old 07-23-2007, 09:41 AM
shinobi_350z

How did this go? anyone have pics?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 AM
xdragus

posted from jrponline.com forums,

heres the link,

http://www.sh-ft.net/jrpjuly21.shtml
Old 07-23-2007, 10:09 AM
xdragus

haha i saw that 'hype eh' sponsored white Z at platform2 on friday...it parked right beside my ghetto stock black Z ;p
Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 PM
rsquadron

Default Hello

Originally Posted by xdragus
haha i saw that 'hype eh' sponsored white Z at platform2 on friday...it parked right beside my ghetto stock black Z ;p
Hey Bro!

You should have said hi!

I remember seeing the black Z beside me.

Did you have a good night on Friday?

Mine was ok...
Old 07-24-2007, 08:52 PM
xdragus

didn't even recognize the car..it was a whole new beast

there was a silver Z before there as well but I didn't recognize it from anyone from the speedstar meet.

eh pf2 is okay...just there to chill on days i'm completely lazy.