Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

The Useless East Canada thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:20 AM
IVRY PRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reality350
Agreed 100%

I am also going to be doing my yearly cleanse... Anyone ever try Master Cleanse?
I am currently on day 9 of Wild Rose Herbal Detox. I'm assuming Master Cleanse is also a detox product of some sort. This is the first time I've ever done something like this. I'm still going through the process, so I'm not sure about what kind of results to expect, but... it makes me poop a lot, and I think that's the point of it
Old 08-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Doba

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
i watch A LOT of **** .. will that kill me?
no way, ive had a dish since I was little I'd already be dead
Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 AM
tinlok

Default am i getting screwed here?

what do you guys think?
here's the original sale thread
https://my350z.com/forum/engine/3703...netix-ssv.html it's been a month to ship US domestic from FL to niagara.

subninja
Well I am sorry that you never got the plenum. What looks like happened is they delievered it to the wrong place. My reciept says Niager Falls so I have no idea how that would have happened. I guess worse comes to worse they reimburse for a brand new one, or they buy me a new one which will then go to you so either way everything will work out. I guess just be patient and I will let you know as soon as I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlok
yes let me know what you find out from them, from what i was told they said fedex advise you to fill out a form to file for a claim.

fedex doesn't like to call people... every time they told me that they'd call me, I had to call them back to get status updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subninja
yeah I noticed that too....It say niagera falls, vegas but I won't know until I go to the store and find out what happened. I will let you know as soon as I know something.

Quote:
err the last tracking number you gave me was this

687031810033530 shows it's shipped to PA... but I gave you an address for niagara, NY

I have opened a case for tracking # 714055578710 with fedex already
it is 0807816322. I called yesterday and the CSR said they have contacted gregory coleman to fill out a claims form...

Quote:
Here is the tracking number again. 687031810033530

tinlok:
hey greg so i called fedex and they told me they've contacted you about the lost package and to file a claim against fedex.
Please let me know when that is done and I can reverse the charge or you can put the money back to my paypal that'd be great....
It is out of my hands. I shipped it and gave you a tracking number. If you have any questions call fedex and inquire about it. All I know is that I don't have it anymore and it is not at my house.

Quote:
Hey man can you follow up on that package? I have to plan out when to go pick it up.

Thanks.

Last edited by tinlok; 08-13-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Doba

that sucks man, I feel for you, the seller is an a$$hole, hopefully you get everything sorted out.. go to fedex office
Old 08-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Doba

cant you find out exactly where the package was delivered and contact them? gotta be something you can do
Old 08-13-2008, 08:56 AM
tinlok

i don't know. it's was supposed to be shipped to usaddress inc in buffalo. so far i've called fedex twice, once to ask them about that tracking number he gave me then the CSR took a while and told me she's opening up a case for it.

then i called again to follow up on the case and the CSR told me the package is basically missing and they have contacted the shipper filling out claims forms.

but then the seller is telling me something different from what fedex told me... which is fishy.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by IVRY PRL
I am currently on day 9 of Wild Rose Herbal Detox. I'm assuming Master Cleanse is also a detox product of some sort. This is the first time I've ever done something like this. I'm still going through the process, so I'm not sure about what kind of results to expect, but... it makes me poop a lot, and I think that's the point of it
Ok so you are on a Detox? What are you supposed to be cleansing from your system? How exactly does it work on a physiologic level?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Doba

my Mom is on some sort of Detox diet at the moment also, all i know is shes driking a lot of water and not really eating much, i guess its only for a short little while.

Diets = ftl
Exercise = ftw
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 AM
2TH PWR

"detox" everyone is doing it. No one can explain what about their physiology they are actually cleansing.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
"detox" everyone is doing it. No one can explain what about their physiology they are actually cleansing.
presumably you're cleaning out all the "gunk" in your system. similar to using an engine cleaner to take out all those hp robbing deposits that collect over time.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Doba

supposedly our body cleans itself, hence why some people think this whole Detox is unnecessary, wish our cars cleaned and waxed themselves
Old 08-13-2008, 10:12 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

i wish my rims cleaned themselves
Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Doba

the problem is that they should never get dirty in the first place, there needs to be some sort of wax/cleanser that rejects pretty much everything, just dissolves dirt and crap on contact, now there is something scientists should be working on, never mind cures for cancer
Old 08-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you guys think?
here's the original sale thread
https://my350z.com/forum/engine/3703...netix-ssv.html it's been a month to ship US domestic from FL to niagara.

subninja
Well I am sorry that you never got the plenum. What looks like happened is they delievered it to the wrong place. My reciept says Niager Falls so I have no idea how that would have happened. I guess worse comes to worse they reimburse for a brand new one, or they buy me a new one which will then go to you so either way everything will work out. I guess just be patient and I will let you know as soon as I do.

Quote:
yes let me know what you find out from them, from what i was told they said fedex advise you to fill out a form to file for a claim.

fedex doesn't like to call people... every time they told me that they'd call me, I had to call them back to get status updates.

Quote:
yeah I noticed that too....It say niagera falls, vegas but I won't know until I go to the store and find out what happened. I will let you know as soon as I know something.

Quote:
err the last tracking number you gave me was this

687031810033530 shows it's shipped to PA... but I gave you an address for niagara, NY

I have opened a case for tracking # 714055578710 with fedex already
it is 0807816322. I called yesterday and the CSR said they have contacted gregory coleman to fill out a claims form...

Quote:
Here is the tracking number again. 687031810033530

tinlok:
hey greg so i called fedex and they told me they've contacted you about the lost package and to file a claim against fedex.
Please let me know when that is done and I can reverse the charge or you can put the money back to my paypal that'd be great....
It is out of my hands. I shipped it and gave you a tracking number. If you have any questions call fedex and inquire about it. All I know is that I don't have it anymore and it is not at my house.

Quote:
Hey man can you follow up on that package? I have to plan out when to go pick it up.

Thanks.
wow that sux man .. I would forward everything you have to an admin, perhaps he can assist you.

let us know how things work out..
Old 08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
2TH PWR

Ok, I'm actually going to sit down and explain my problem with ads like this in layman's terms.

Why Wheatgrass Juice?

Two ounces of fresh wheatgrass juice is equivalent to the nutritional value of roughly 4 pounds of organic green vegetables in vitamin and mineral content.

This claim should be taken with a grain of salt. The nutritional value of vegetables is not solely linked to the vitamins and minerals they contain, but also to the amount of fibre they contain. Yes the body cannot absorb all that is in green vegetables, but the part it cannot absorb is just as important for digestion and gastric motility
Wheatgrass rebuilds the blood stream.

Ok Wheatgrass does not rebuild the blood stream. What is implied by "bloodstream" anyways? the body replenishes it's own blood cells and plasma at a very high rate whether you have wheatgrass or not.
Helps prevent tooth decay.
Tooth decay is caused by streptococcus mutans bacteria that are allowed to hang out in someone's mouth for far too long. When a person eats, primarily carbohydrates, those bacteria produce lactic acid digesting the food for themselves which in turn dissolves teeth. The only thing that is going to prevent tooth decay is removing those bacteria, treating the teeth with fluoride so they are less acid soluable. Simply containing calcium which aids in salivary buffering of lactic acid is not enough to claim you HELP prevent tooth decay.
Improves the body's ability to heal wounds.
So a randomized controlled clinical study was done where one group was given wheatgrass while healing from a wound, while the other given placebo and healing times were measured? highly unlikely, and hence this claim cannot be supported. Simply saying wheatgrass contains asorbic acid which can be used in collagen synthesis is not enough to make this claim.
On an empty stomach, it is assimilated into the blood in about 20 minutes.
Really? So what? How has this shown to be beneficial? Many Many things, including harmful things are shown to have very fast gastric absorption
Creates an unfavorable environment for unfriendly bacteria growth.
What constitutes unfriendly? All bacteria in the GI system are symbiotic in homostatic amounts. They are required. As for bacteria that's made it's way into the systemic environment? That's often pathologic. So wheatgrass claims to create an unfavourable environment for it's growth? I'd like to know how it claims to do this.
The many detergent factors of wheatgrass juice can drain the lymph system, carrying away many toxins from all body cells.
Ok this one is so loaded I don't know where to begin. The lymph system is "drained" constantly on it's own. How is wheatgrass targeting just the ECF within the lymphatic system? Wheatgrass seems to be claiming to be a surfactant in this point. how is that helping in eliminating cell metabolic wastes?
Has the ability to break down poisonous carbon dioxide and release free oxygen.
Co2 in high amounts is poisonous and can kill you, you can also run into distress from amounts that are too low. It's break down products can be more poisonous and kill you faster. Free oxygen is extremely poisonous and carcinogenic. See oxygen radicals.
Wheatgrass juice has been shown to build red blood cells quickly after ingestion.
Once again a claim that seems very hard to justify. Red Blood cells are produced constantly anyways. A study would have to show an increase in rate. Hard to do.
It normalizes high blood pressure and stimulates healthy tissue-cell growth.
Normalizes high blood pressure? Possible but I'd like to know how. Stimulates healthy tissue growth? I'd like to know what it means by healthy and how.
Keeps hair from graying.
Once again, how is what I'd like to know. Upregulates pigment manufacturing?
Wheatgrass juice is very high in enzymes and chlorophyll. It contains up to 70% chlorophyll, which helps to purifies the blood.
Purifies the blood is an absolutely ridiculous claim in my opinion. What does this mean? What qualifies as an impurity?
Wheatgrass juice washes drug deposits from the body.
Nooooo, the liver and kidneys do that. If Wheatgrass helps I'd lke to know how. If it interferes with liver enzymes such as the P450 complex it could be potentially dangerous to people taking other prescription medications.
Neutralizes toxins and carcinogens in the body.
Once again, a ridiculous claim. Does it contain antioxidants? Probably. But this is not the same as neutralizing toxins and carcinogens in the body. It's already claimed to release free oxygen in the same ad, which is carcinogenic.
Helps purify the liver.
Really ridiculous claim. What is it removing?
Wheatgrass Improves blood sugar disorders.
Not impossible, is it referring to diabetes? What blood sugar disorders is it referring to? How does it help?
Improves digestion.
Once again, not impossible. Digestion is a complex process. I would need more information on what aspect of digestion it improves, and if it is deleterious to any other part.
Removes heavy metals from the body.
nooo I'm pretty sure the kidneys do the bulk of that. Small amounts of heavy metals are present in he environment and are necessary for good health to be in the body. To make everyone paranoid saying they should be removed is just wrong. Seeing as wheatgrass is derived from plants it's pretty safe to say it contains it's fair share of heavy metals too. If wheatgrass contains some kind of chelator it's effectiveness needs to be evaluated such that it isn't causing toxic effects itself
Reduces high blood pressure.
Already addressed. Not impossible. I would like to know by what mechanism. Is it a diuretic? ACE Inhibitor? Placebo? Calcium channel blocker? etc
Aids in the prevention and curing of cancer.
Absolutely ridiculous. Cancer. Like that is one disease. Does it contain anti oxidants which have been shown to help in some cancers? Maybe. If so say so.
Wheatgrass Juice is a complete protein with about 30 enzymes (incredibly important for correct digestion)
Some enzymes are good, some are bad. More doesn't mean better. They have to be specific in order to help.

and about 20 amino acids which are the building blocks of protein.
20 amino acids? yeah so does everything else.
Increases hemoglobin production
Once again, really difficult to prove. Rates would have to be compared. It contains iron? is that what they are trying to say? Too iron or too much hemoglobin production is bad.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:31 AM
2TH PWR

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
presumably you're cleaning out all the "gunk" in your system. similar to using an engine cleaner to take out all those hp robbing deposits that collect over time.
What gunk? The healthy human body is a fine tuned homeostatic device with all levels of substances closely regulated by countless cell processes.

If something is being removed, I'd like to know what is claimed to be being removed. If your body composition is the same before and after I call placebo.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Doba

Damn Mike, thats just a list I found on the net regarding this wheatgrass, man when you want to make a point you sure get down and dirty..
Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Doba

btw.. Im in the Mechanical field.. half the **** you said I just roll my eyes and say wtf to myself lol.. im probably not the only one
Old 08-13-2008, 10:52 AM
2TH PWR

I know, i was just trying to point out my problem with claims in ads like that. Wheatgrass juice might actually be really good stuff. But I think it's powers are overstated in that ad, and this is how herbal remedies are marketed in general.

For Ex, When I was in school. This guy had a heart transplant. He was placed on anti-rejection medication. He went to the natural health store looking to start on a new path of health. The naturalist recommended St John's Wort to do some of the BS claims similar to the ad you've posted. "Purify the Blood!" "Purify the liver!" "Strengthen the immune system!". Having no idea how it really physiologically worked.
What it really did was cause his liver to elevate it's own P450 enzymes. His anti rejection medication was eliminated too fast. Without the anti rejection medication in his blood his own anti bodies attacked his recently transplanted heart and he died.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
noodleman

Dr. Mike spitting the real talk.