Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

tirerack.com uses UPS, but no brokage fees? Any experience here?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008 | 06:00 PM
kingrukus

Default tirerack.com uses UPS, but no brokage fees? Any experience here?

I need to order some Satisfied Pro Ceramic pads for my G35c w/ Brembos, and tirerack.com only ships with UPS, however they state the following:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION — PLEASE READ!
CANADIAN ORDERS:

The sales taxes and duties included in this order are collected on behalf of the applicable Canadian government agencies. No additional taxes, duties, or fees will be collected by UPS Canada upon delivery of this order.
Delivery may be delayed by customs procedures.
Is this for real? If there are indeed no brokage fees, I want to start ordering many things from tirerack. Ill phone them tomorrow from work and see if they can provide confirmation.
Old 01-01-2008 | 10:07 PM
XuperXero

My friend ordered brakes from Tirerack as well. No duties since the parts are made in US, which is applicable to NAFTA which is DUTY FREE!!!
When he got his brakes, he even got a NAFTA certificate with them, so if you get duties, just show the NAFTA certificate and get your money back.

The only difference between buying north american made parts from other companies and Tirerack is that Tirerack actually goes through the paperworks to get it NAFTA certified. Now that's customer service for us canadians!
Old 01-02-2008 | 01:23 AM
stanleylee

yes it real, they already charged tax and every thing
so the price show there is the real price, nothing extra
Old 01-02-2008 | 05:38 AM
optimumarc

I was also a little confused by that statement from Tire Rack's site when I bought my tires. When I bought them the UPS brokerage Fee, UPS Shipping Fee, GST and PST was collected by them at time of purchase. This was great since UPS just dropped off my tires and no other fees were charged! No duties where charged.

I have used UPS in the past but brokerage fees are crazy if companies do not have a contracts with them.

Last edited by optimumarc; 01-02-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-02-2008 | 06:57 AM
Reality350

Default Yes its for real..

UPS/FEDEX, has a shipping option which will include all international taxes/fees.
Old 01-02-2008 | 03:52 PM
nissannx

I just saw that too. This is a recent change, as in September I got tires from them and the brokerage fees were collected by UPS from me at that time. Today, when I was pricing tires, I saw the same note that I pay taxes and brokerage to Tire Rack - and the brokerage fee for a similar cost was LESS paying direct. This is a good business move on Tire Rack's part.
Old 01-08-2008 | 07:33 PM
kingrukus

Well I received the Satisfied Pro Ceramic on Monday (pretty fast shipping) with zero extra fees at the door. Overall, very good experience. Already have them installed too on the G.
Old 01-13-2008 | 08:51 PM
stav
Banned

So they collect it on there side, cause im sure they were tired of arguing with newbs about why they are being charged twicw cause they jsut didnt understand they were buy from the us.
Old 01-15-2008 | 08:42 PM
Asad_A203

Only one price; and excellent price as well. Got my Wintersport M3s for $788, compared to the $2300 they wanted locally...