Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Complete ECU reset

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:09 PM
jkoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone know how to reset the TPS "psi" warning light on the gauge? i dont have tps on my aftermarket wheels. tht thing is so annoyin
Old 04-06-2005, 04:54 AM
seanlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the radio stations only reset if you disconnect the battery...not when you do the ecu reset from nissan
Old 04-06-2005, 05:00 AM
seanlaw

there is no way to turn off the light unless you want to take off the main guage behind the steering wheel and put a black piece of tape over the led....you can however disconnect the tps unit which is under the passenger dash. this will eliminate the light and buzzer, but only if the car is running under 40 minutes....after 40 minutes the light will come on but no buzzer....

you may ask why disconnect...well it stops the smaller dash gauge from flashing that you have low tire pressure. i forget which plug you have to disconnect, but it's in a thread out there somewhere...good luck
Old 04-06-2005, 10:52 AM
jmorriso

LMAO! You all are cracking me up spending all this time on how to reset a stupid ECU. Look, follow the document that technosquare drew up and it will work. If you can't do it after spending like 10 mins trying it, then you just need to sell the car and give up completely and buy a cavalier or something. This isn't nuclear science, and no, Nissan knows it, they just don't tell you that they do so they can CHARGE us! Go figure right!??

The brake thing, wow, now that is truly funny, made my day!! Thanks neffster, hilarious!!

btw, it's completely pointless to reset your ecu every week (unless of coarse your putting upgrades on each week like cai, exhaust, testpipes, headers, FI, etc etc) otherwise, your wasting your time and peddle life.

Good luck, hopefully you won't have to sell your car. Maybe you could wish it really really hard and it will reset itself....ROFLMAO!!! Sorry, couldn't resist it....
Old 04-06-2005, 11:54 AM
jkoc

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
the brake thing was a joke??????????? i fell for it???????????????????? GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well... at least i'm able to perform the TS reset procedure easily lol
Old 04-06-2005, 12:09 PM
jmorriso

hahahahaha.....cracking me up man, love it! hey, it happens to the best of us, truly! later hoss....Jeremy
Old 04-06-2005, 01:12 PM
jkoc

LO LLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

and here i was making fun of the other dude and his revving of his engine
Old 04-06-2005, 01:17 PM
jmorriso

Oh Lord.....yea, I saw that. Too funny!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:26 PM
neffster

Originally Posted by jmorriso
LMAO! You all are cracking me up spending all this time on how to reset a stupid ECU. Look, follow the document that technosquare drew up and it will work. If you can't do it after spending like 10 mins trying it, then you just need to sell the car and give up completely and buy a cavalier or something. This isn't nuclear science, and no, Nissan knows it, they just don't tell you that they do so they can CHARGE us! Go figure right!??

The brake thing, wow, now that is truly funny, made my day!! Thanks neffster, hilarious!!

btw, it's completely pointless to reset your ecu every week (unless of coarse your putting upgrades on each week like cai, exhaust, testpipes, headers, FI, etc etc) otherwise, your wasting your time and peddle life.

Good luck, hopefully you won't have to sell your car. Maybe you could wish it really really hard and it will reset itself....ROFLMAO!!! Sorry, couldn't resist it....
Laugh all you want. Go unplug your throttle body then plug it back in. Drive your car around for awhile then try what I suggested. The ECU does learn the new throttle body position. We did it and it worked. Funny how someone who hasn't tried something is quick to dismiss it.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 PM
jmorriso

Ok....sure thing! I'm not even gonna go there about the brake pedal thing....too funny.