Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Line Lock Converters

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 03:00 PM
theking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok lets see if I can explain it. You need two sets of line locks. One for the right and one for the left. You want to install this all right around the drivers side vdc/abs module. You have to cut the stock brake lines after they come out of the vdc/abs module. You then take the new lines and flare them with the metric fittings to go in the the vdc/abs module. You flare the stock lines and use the standard fittings(because this is what most of the kits use) and put them to the other side of the line locks. Be careful because the stock lines are a little bit on the hard side, I can't remember if the kit came with metric fittings or not but the parts are just an Autozone away. You just need two metric fittings(one for each side going into the module). Run the power for each together and install a fuse to the battery. Put the two other two wires together and run it inside. Attach the other side of the switch to ground and now you have line locks. I just use the standard Jegg's kit and took off those tacky stickers. Mount the switch where ever you like. Mine can't be seen because I have the JDM battery cover. Please feel free to ask any other questions.
Alan
Old 08-30-2005, 08:20 PM
mrtomcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my line locks installed today by Brainstorm. Install took about 5 hours and poor Ed was working his butt off.
Didn't need any metric fittings all that was needed came with the kit. I used the Jegs kit as well as the install kit.

Can't wait to try it out at the track but it has to wait till next week since I have to fly to Orlando on business for a few days tomorrow